Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gobble GOBBLE

Club 33 to Increase Member Roster - Bloomberg.com

The article lists the Individual Membership fee as $7,500, plus $3,025 annually.

The link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...3EZq0&refer=us
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Re: Club 33 to Increase Member Roster - Bloomberg.com

Great news, now maybe i'll get in sooner than I thought.

Yep, this why they took over half of one of the Gallery's rooms recently. It really shows, but at least the "new" wall looks exactly as the rest of the room.

• DL Nerd

It plans to increase the 487-member roster, said Gary Maggetti, who oversees Club 33 as head of Disneyland's food and beverage services. He said the total probably won't be raised much above 500.

So....

about 20 members more?

I thought the reason they took over part of the Gallery was for additional kitchen space, they didn't actually expand the capacity of the Club's dining space.

Even with membership dues and meal charges, Club 33 doesn't provide a windfall for Disneyland, said Hiatt, the restaurant consultant. The
    Even with membership dues and meal charges, Club 33 doesn't provide a windfall for Disneyland, said Hiatt, the restaurant consultant. The restaurant's annual revenue is probably about $25 million, based on an average $65 check, 80 percent occupancy and membership dues, he said.
    The theme park doesn't break out the club's sales, said Robert Tucker, a Disneyland spokesman.
    ``It's not a huge money maker,'' Hiatt said. ``But they get a lot of mileage and benefit out of it.''
    vrestaurant's annual revenue is probably about $25 million, based on an average $65 check, 80 percent occupancy and membership dues, he said.
    The theme park doesn't break out the club's sales, said Robert Tucker, a Disneyland spokesman.
    ``It's not a huge money maker,'' Hiatt said. ``But they get a lot of mileage and benefit out of it.''

How is this possible? I think it is a big money maker for them.

Disney would be wise to open simlar private lounges elsewhere and give members access to these other locations.

There were posts in the last few months that there was some indication that the Club would have some membership openings this year. Does anyone know if, in fact, there were any invitations yet?

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfnatc View Post
    How is this possible? I think it is a big money maker for them.
    Keep in mind that the club is run as a separate entity and every time a non-member goes for a visit and picks up the complementary park hopper ticket, the club is charged for the ticket.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Knight of Naughtyness

I posted this a few months back:

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    It appears to me with the verbiage of this letter, that they are attempting to break the wait-list into two separate wait-lists. One for individuals and one for corporations.
    And from this new article we get this:

Now Walt Disney Co., based in Burbank, California, is opening the door a crack. It plans to increase the 487-member roster, said Gary Maggetti, who oversees Club 33 as head of Disneyland's food and beverage services. He said the total probably won't be raised much above 500. The challenge is figuring out how to allocate the new memberships.
    To me, that suggests that they are no longer going to go by the list as is, but are going to determine if they want a corporate member or an individual member for each available slot, and then pick the top one from that category on the list.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Disney would be wise to open simlar private lounges elsewhere and give members access to these other locations.
    Ooooo. This idea, I like! Put one in DCA! I'd pay for that!
    I, for one, love DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Let me get out my piggybank!

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    To me, that suggests that they are no longer going to go by the list as is, but are going to determine if they want a corporate member or an individual member for each available slot, and then pick the top one from that category on the list.
    That would seem consistent with the recent confirmation of interest letters, which asked which type of membership one was interested in.

I guess the big question is what is the breakdown of the allocation and, of course, when there will be movement on the membership roster.

• Mickeyfan3

This would be the one splurge I'd get if I ever win lotto.......seriously....I'd be rescuing so many horses and dogs I woudln't have time for a 10,000 square foot house! (But I'd make the time for Disneyland!)

Too bad they don't sell a one time family pass for $300-400 or something, to get a one day visit in there....

I'll have to go on that tour next time....
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Based on a friend who got their letter of confirmation recently, the fees for the individual membership is not correct in that article. It's $9,500 for the inital fee now.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast