Fall attraction info.

My family and I just aren't going to be able to make our annual July visit to DLR this year due to finances. We are now looking to go perhaps around fall break (mid-October.) We have never been at this time of year and I am curious as to your thoughts about DLR in the fall. How is the temp., crowds, etc? Do they have fireworks, and Fantasmic? Also, I know that some rides are scheduled to go down due to maintenance every year around that time. Does anyone know what rides will be going down this fall? I have a feeling that Matterhorn will be one. Any help will be very appreciated.

• 1375 miles away

Re: Fall attraction info.

When we went in October the weather was fantastic! Somewhat chilly in the evening. Hours will probably be shorter but since crowds are lighter you should be able to get more done in a shorter time frame. As I recall, the fireworks and Fantasmic only take place on the weekends. Not sure what might be down for refurb but they generally only take one big ride out of commission at a time. Haunted Mansion does go down for the holiday overlay sometime after mid October. Here are also some other events that might add to the crowds:
    Gay Days October 5-7
    Mickey's Halloween Treat. October 5, 12, 19 and 26; 7:30 pm. - 11:30 pm. and October 4, 11, 18, 25, 29, 30, and 31; 6:30 pm. - 10:30 pm.
    CHOC/Disneyland Resort Walk in the Park Sunday, October 21
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by TooFarAway View Post
    My family and I just aren't going to be able to make our annual July visit to DLR this year due to finances. We are now looking to go perhaps around fall break (mid-October.) We have never been at this time of year and I am curious as to your thoughts about DLR in the fall. How is the temp., crowds, etc? Do they have fireworks, and Fantasmic? Also, I know that some rides are scheduled to go down due to maintenance every year around that time. Does anyone know what rides will be going down this fall? I have a feeling that Matterhorn will be one. Any help will be very appreciated.

Haunted Mansion Holiday goes down in early september and comes up usually the 29-30 of september... so if you visit in october then it will be up and running.

matterhorn is usually down, at least from what i recall... but other then that you should be good... I'll check the dl website and get back to you in a minute.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TooFarAway View Post
    My family and I just aren't going to be able to make our annual July visit to DLR this year due to finances. We are now looking to go perhaps around fall break (mid-October.) We have never been at this time of year and I am curious as to your thoughts about DLR in the fall.
    1. How is the temp., crowds, etc?
    2. Do they have fireworks, and Fantasmic?
    3. Also, I know that some rides are scheduled to go down due to maintenance every year around that time. Does anyone know what rides will be going down this fall? I have a feeling that Matterhorn will be one.
    4. Any help will be very appreciated.
    1. It won't be freezing cold. It is not likely to rain. Could be very windy. Might be smoke from brush fires. Crowds are high on weekends and holidays. Crowds are also bigger after 5 or so, as APs come to get a short fix.
    2. Sometimes. Both depend on a lot of factors. I wouldn't count on Fantasmic! except possibly on weekends. it will go dark for long stretches, so CMs can do other things (as performers in non-Disney projects) or just to chill out. A nice trip around the ROA at night is something you can't do in July. Fireworks depend heavily on weather, especially winds.
    3. Small World gets its Christmas overlay done in October, I believe. HM will have NBC holiday overlay is usually open by October 1, also not available in July.
    4. I hope this has helped.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

as of now, they only have up to september on their calendar on disneyland.com.... but im sure the next calendar will come out soon.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...darMonthlyPage

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Does anyone know the dates for the HMH overlay this year??
    Foolish Mortal