Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Re: Autopia = Cars ?

the theme isn't the problem - its the completely crappy ride! get something that isn't topped by your local six flag that they built 30 years ago
    WORD

The ride itself is lacking in almost everyway.

Technology is outdated, layout is bland, showmanship dosent exist, and the excitement dosent exist. I have my own autopia at home...
    its called I-10!
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    WORD

The ride itself is lacking in almost everyway.

Technology is outdated, layout is bland, showmanship dosent exist, and the excitement dosent exist. I have my own autopia at home...
    its called I-10!

Doesn't the Autopia move faster than the I-10 though?

badum crash!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by MKfamily View Post
    I have been a huge disney fan my whole life. But there has never been one time in my life that I was ever excited to go ride on autopia! I believe now would be a great time to update the ride with the theme of Pixar's CARS...
    Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't read all this with out replying.

Cars does not fit the theme of Tomorrowland. If you add cars you should just change the name to Pixarland or Fantasyland II. If you moved the entrance over to the old Fantasyland entrance I think this would be a great idea. If could free up some space for a TRUE Tomorrowland attraction if you get rid of the entrance, queue, and some of the track.

I have to say no to more cartoons in Tomorrowland.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Rock Star Minion

Perhaps the cars could be equipped with bumping-proof technology? That would be Tomorrow-ish.

I wouldn't mind a Cars overlay, but I'd want the car I'm in to have some kind of monologue, each according to the car's character from Cars. And when you pass by another car, the car would interject (assume you're in a Mater): "Hey Lightning! Hey! Down here!" And then the Lightning car would answer back. All via technologhy that recognizes the proximity of the different cars.

(DIS, if you're reading, feel free to use these concepts, all you want. No compensation will be necessary.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    LOL, that's like saying, "Why do we need another Disney-based attraction in Disney." Pixar is Disney; Disney is Pixar: get used to it! Embrace it! It is a GOOD thing!
    I personally think that Pixar should stick to what they're good at, MOVIES.
    Leave the rest of the attractions to WDI.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Senior Minion

I say remove Autopia and put something with pirates in its place!

Honestly though, I really don't care for it too much (and didn't as a child either). I already drive to get there, I'm not standing in line to get to drive a crummy little car.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Pixar doesn't make the attractions! WDI makes them based upon concepts from the movies, much like the Peter Pan ride or the Alice ride. What is the difference between the 2, Both are Disney, No?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Driving a car from the film certainly would be fun I admit. But I think it would be more fun if it was an actual ride... not driving yourself around. Cars have their own personality right? It wouldn't make ANY sense to drive THEM around.

And that's my argument against having CARS take over Autopia and I'm sticking to it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Yeah...I'm cool

Talking Re: Autopia = Cars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Driving a car from the film certainly would be fun I admit. But I think it would be more fun if it was an actual ride... not driving yourself around. Cars have their own personality right? It wouldn't make ANY sense to drive THEM around.

And that's my argument against having CARS take over Autopia and I'm sticking to it!
    Keep sticking brother!

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't read all this with out replying.

Cars does not fit the theme of Tomorrowland. If you add cars you should just change the name to Pixarland or Fantasyland II. If you moved the entrance over to the old Fantasyland entrance I think this would be a great idea. If could free up some space for a TRUE Tomorrowland attraction if you get rid of the entrance, queue, and some of the track.

I have to say no to more cartoons in Tomorrowland.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

There is nothing "tomorrow" about the movie Cars. Tomorrowland is a dying land.

Lets not kill it off quicker.

• :)

I believe the attraction itself is great, but yes, the queue does need a refurb and so does the entire track passed the station. The only theming Autopia has is a few signs and lights out on the back portion of the track, It needs a major refurb, but not the cars, just the attraction, it's so bland.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    Pixar doesn't make the attractions! WDI makes them based upon concepts from the movies, much like the Peter Pan ride or the Alice ride. What is the difference between the 2, Both are Disney, No?
    What I meant was the inclusion of movie elements. When WDI thinks of an attraction, often times they'll have movie companies/ideas, like Pixar, forced upon them to work with. So its like Pixar is responsible for the ride and WDI is their slave.

If an executive goes up to and says Pixar wants you to promote the Cars element into autopia, WDI can't argue back.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

If you can't remove it, why not make it worth riding. I know they will probably never speed it up or anything exciting like that but why not make it go through something more interesting. Into a tunnel with neat effects or a big jump like the bus from speed but except using some disney magic ;] and I cannot wait for the next batch of PIXAR rides

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Yes...but what Pixar is BEST at is telling a great story, and what is disney BEST at? Weird...telling great stories.

I truly think that the absorbtion of Pixar into Disney is brillant, and will be a long lasting relationship for the better of everyone, including DLR and WDI.

Now with that said...no Cars overlay on Autopia. Its just too much, for an aging attraction that needs WAY too much attention for it to be up to par with the new standard that is now in effect.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• ...TWO BITS!

I'd rather have the Autopia cars updated to have eletric, hybrid, & hydrogen cars... but add the neat sounds from Hong Kong's version

I was also thinking perhaps they could also be transformed as carboats for a little while

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast