Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• :)

Re: Autopia = Cars ?

Also remember Chevron still has a contract with Disney & This attraction. Until that is up Disney cant change anything without Chevrons input.

• Closed Account

Mmk. Let me begin this by saying that I LOVE the movie Cars, and I had the same idea about Cars and Autopia right after Cars came out...

But...

It is very true that cars, whether the movie Cars or just cars in general, are no longer futuristic. So if you're going to talk about sticking to the theme of Tomorrowland, the whole premise of the ride needs an update, not just the vehicles.

What I think would be really cool is an Autopia of the future. They could have many different types of alternative energy cars, some more conceptual others more practical. Hybrids, electrics, ethanol based, solar powered, anything else new and innovative. This would increase the re-rideability because if you got the hybid one time, you might want to go back again to ride the other kinds of cars.

The scenery could use some improvements too, because it is a bit bland, but I can't really think of anything. Maybe something relating to the theme of an alternative energy future?

Or maybe just a add a tunnel. I would personally enjoy that.

And if you don't like that, lose the cars altogether and make it a hovercraft ride...now that is something we would all enjoy

• 88 mph

I say, bring on the Segway Autopia!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

I cannot wait for the next batch of PIXAR rides
    WDI better be all over this:

Why dont they use the great stories and characters from the Pixar movies to re-develop DCA? There is a great demand for those characters in the resort, so why not just move them into a park that needs that extra excitement?

We all know that with Lasseter in control and with Tony Baxter, they wont let DCA fail again. With their passion for Disney quality entertainment, there wont be anything hokey, or mundane. Everything will be up to top notch quality.

WDI should tear out all the Paradise Pier rides (obviously ex. Screaming), and move the Cars Autopia to the west side of the park. Hopefully they could get Buzz out of TL, and use the space for the new Peoplemover queue.

There is so much available real estate in DCA. It just needs to be redeveloped correctly.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• missing the DisneyGallery

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    No one seems to get that. Maybe in another year they will realize this.
    Yeah, maybe if Disney would have produced Monster House it could replace the Haunted Mansion. Maybe in another year they will realize this.

When attractions were original

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    WDI better be all over this:

Why dont they use the great stories and characters from the Pixar movies to re-develop DCA? There is a great demand for those characters in the resort, so why not just move them into a park that needs that extra excitement?
    Didn't they try this with Monters' Inc?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Boogers are salty

No, see your thinking of DCA, or soon to be Pixarland, DCA needs a Cars Autopia

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    What I think would be really cool is an Autopia of the future. They could have many different types of alternative energy cars, some more conceptual others more practical. Hybrids, electrics, ethanol based, solar powered, anything else new and innovative. This would increase the re-rideability because if you got the hybid one time, you might want to go back again to ride the other kinds of cars.

Now, THAT is tomorrow land.

• Boogers are salty

The sad truth is that Pixar is Disney now, just cuz Lasseter is pushing for more Ink and Paint doesnt mean that it will ever be the mainstay again, It comes down to the green stuff, and Pixar brings in the big bucks, sad but true

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

yeah its in the park...but they threw together a half hearted attempt to fix that monstrosity that was there before it.

I really think that this is the future for DCA, and obviously not the whole park, but to at least get people in there and KEEP them in there.

This whole 40,000 people in DL and 14,000 in DCA isnt going to work forever.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by SciFi96 View Post
    Yeah, maybe if Disney would have produced Monster House it could replace the Haunted Mansion. Maybe in another year they will realize this.
    That doesn't make much sense since I have nothing against the classics but it seems the most of you believe the future (PIXAR) is the enemy. A lot of the rides at the resorts are adaptions and I am glad they're adapting good movies. Would you really want Atlantis Subs? Or a ride about cows or chicken little?

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I'd rather see something like Speeder Bikes from Star Wars on the Autopia track using the RR technology with BANKED turns and perhaps a mini version of maglev. To me that would seem futuristic...could even enclose it and make it a multi level building housing the speeder bike attraction on the bottom and put a little mermaid dark ride on the second level that could have waterfalls spilling into the sub lagoon and old motor boat cruise area. The entrance to the little mermaid ride could be from fantasyland while the speeder bike attraction could be entered from tomorrowland. the show building being disguised much like the sub show building is presently, tying together fantasyland and tomorrowland.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Sadly as cool as that would be, the price is know where near a realistic budget, your talking about some really expensive technology, plus its not really that futuristic, its the now, and its ever more present

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    That doesn't make much sense since I have nothing against the classics but it seems the most of you believe the future (PIXAR) is the enemy. A lot of the rides at the resorts are adaptions and I am glad they're adapting good movies. Would you really want Atlantis Subs? Or a ride about cows or chicken little?

Yes on Atlantis. No on Chicken Little. A big no.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Cars overlay to autopia will just give us another nemo subs and it wont match tomorrowland !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast