Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Update 6/13: Nemo line gets shade but still long, Tarzan and Twain near completion

So good news/bad news today with Nemo. The good news is that the powers that be have provided some shade and have become a bit more creative with the line resulting in much less time out in the blazing sun:

The bad news is that while today is a short day and midweek, the Nemo line is not exactly what I would call short:

Instead of sending the line down towards IASW, the line now weaves under the monorail track, picking up more shade:

Here's the end of the line at 11 am this morning:

So...not as long as Monday, but still between 2 and 3 hours.

As you can see from the above shots, the Monorail has remained submarized. I wonder if they'll leave it this way for the rest of the Summer...

On my way in this morning, I passed the new banners in DTD:

Chum....heh...heh....

As I mentioned earlier, the Monorail station is now one of my favorite spots in the park. The falls were going again today...

And the view from the platform is really amazing now that they've brought the subs back to life:

(More to come)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-13-2007 at 01:41 PM.

• Pie > Cake

Re: Update 6/13: Nemo line gets shade but still long, Tarzan and Twain near completio

wow i hope the craziness of Nemo slows a bit so i can finally go on it. Great pics by the way.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

• Neep meep beep

Re: Update 6/13: Nemo line gets shade but still long, Tarzan and Twain near completio

When I arrived this morning at the park at 10am, the Nemo line was 180 minutes, and was wrapped around the motorboat dock. When I left at 11:30 a.m. or so, it had dropped to 150 minutes. This may be one of the rare lines that gets better as the day goes on, instead of worse. I noted the new umbrellas this morning, and while they only cover a portion of the line, I think this was a GREAT idea Disney!

• MICE~CHAT Resident DJ

Dang.......I can only imagine what this Sunday will be like now that schools are letting out. Awesome update as always!!

Check out my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/joe_e_audio

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes! More great pics!

Yes! The Submorail is still running! I hope they leave it all summer too, maybe I'll have a chance to see it/ ride it!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...TWO BITS!

Thanks for the pics!

They really should leave that Sub-morail/ Mono-sub for the summer. Aren't the new monorails supposed to be up by the end of 2007 or early 2008 or am I making that up?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh, fabulous...they wait until today to put up the shade! Oh well, I guess that's better than how it was with Space Mountain...

Beautiful pics! Can't wait to see more!

• Just this guy......

I was just there today and got there for the rope drop. The subs went right to a 2 hour line and rose to about 3 hours by 10:00am. By about two in the afternoon the line dropped down to about 1.5 hours wait.

Thanks for the report and photos.

• Merry 2014!

Sounds like everyone may be thinking,"If we get to the subs before everyone else the line won't be so long." Interesting that the line drops during the day.

Love the panoramic pic of the lagoon, monorail and Matterhorn. Beautiful.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, the Monorail station is now one of my favorite spots in the park. The falls were going again today...

Interesting how they have put sandbags up there to prevent the full force of the falls from beating down on the submarine in a massive sheet of water. This must be a temporary fix while they continue to work on the leaking hatches?

• Don't mess with the duck!

Aweome pics, as always. Nice that they realized shade was needed and did something about it so quickly. Surprised they didn't add more ODV carts, near the lines, while they were at it.

• Premium Youngling and

It is so awesome to have them back

• Minion

sure wish we had those nifty umbrellas yesterday! even at 8-10 it was steamming

•   

Thanks for the update. The panoramic pix rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast