Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Re: Sign the petition to bring back the peoplemover

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Plus if each MCer were to sign it that would
    be more than 16,000 sigs alone

16,000 people can ride Pirates by 3pm on a summer day. My point is that 1,300 or even 16,000 people signed the online petition, it's still an extremely small number to Disney.

And further than that, it's not only a small number, but it's a small number of people who aren't Disney customers. Yes, someone who signs a petition about the Peoplemover is more likely to be a Disney guest than not, but it costs nothing to click "I support this" when it's presented to you online. That doesn't tell Disney anything about people who would actually travel out to the parks to see a new Peoplemover. Like I said, if you want to make any sort of impact you should go in person to City Hall and tell them how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Quoted for truth!

... then again, there are folks on this board that are absolutely convinced that the Subs came back only because our APers. /snicker
    Yeah, really, I think the online Disney community as a whole thinks it's much more important than it really is. I just clicked "member list" and there are 12,000 people on Micechat, and as far as I know this is the most popular Disneyland message board. Let's assume that 1/2 of those (which is way too generous) are active posters, and let's also assume that elsewhere on the internet there are another 10,000 people discussing the Subs and Peoplemover actively (again, way too generous, the real number is surely much lower). That's 16,000 people, which, I admit, is a lot of people.

However, a quick google search gives this: http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com...gi?read=178998. In 2006, 14 million people went to Disneyland. Quite a bit more than 16,000, huh?
    Last edited by The International; 06-13-2007 at 04:40 PM.

• Princess Aurora Fan

I signed it cause i want it back. If something fails completly(Rocket Rods) bring back the classic!
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• Progressive Disneylander

Didn't they have a really long petition to save Mr. Toad from meeting his demise in Florida? Back then, it probably would have been real signatures as well! Disney ignored that protest and it was probably the biggest they ever faced.

After seeing how Disney handled that, I don't believe any movement -- when it comes to attractions -- will do any good.

• Minion

Um I have better ways to waste my time....
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• missing the DisneyGallery

Wow over 1300. This needs a bump.

When attractions were original

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I was signature 1313! I wonder if that is a good luck sign, since Disneyland's physical address is 1313 Harbor Blvd. Interesting........

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Plus if each MCer were to sign it that would be more than 16,000 sigs alone
    Ah, but that would mean we'd all have to agree on something.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• I can't stand you.

[ Removed by passing by Godzilla ]
    Last edited by Mr_Chopsticks; 06-13-2007 at 09:10 PM.

• is NOT Lea Salonga

Don't know if a petition will do anything, but I'd like to see something done with the people mover track. I miss it! ;_;

Escapade
    Disneyland Resort trip reports

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

People For The Peoplemover

Found a petition site for signing on to bring back the people mover. 1300 sigs so far. I found it on another site it is not mine. I don't know if it would help but anyone that wants it back, sign away!

http://www.peopleforthepeoplemover.org/

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    It's not that nobody knows about it, it's that online petitions are worthless. There are about 1,300 signatures on that now. If you multiplied that ten times it would still be 13,000, which is about the number of people who would ride a hypothetical Peoplemover replacement in a single day of operation. Which is to say, a small number of people in the scheme of things.

Disney will never make a decision based on a petition. They know that diehard fans want the Peoplemover back, but they also know that diehard fans want the Country Bear Jamboree back, the Electrical Parade back, the Swiss Family Treehouse back, etc.

If you really want to make a difference (albeit a small one) go into City Hall and mention that you'd like the Peoplemover to come back. As a paying customer a single comment like that means more than 1,000 people clicking "I support this" on the internet.

Tell this to Jerico fans and CBS. Which did in fact change CBS's plans from an internet planned campaign.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by thereviewer View Post
    Tell this to Jerico fans and CBS. Which did in fact change CBS's plans from an internet planned campaign.

Or Star Trek fans and Desilu studios? The point remains the same as mentioned earlier. With a TV studio, the fans make up about 80% of the viewership of a show so when they band together it is a huge deal. The fans of the peoplemover make up a tiny, insignificant part of park attendance. You would need a truly astronomical number of signatures on an online petition to do anything. If you insist, you need to do something that leaves much more of an impact than a single online survey. 10,000 actual comments at City Hall is a lot of paper and they'll notice that as well as the effort it took to go there and the cost to those that signed. As has been mentioned, leaving a comment at City Hall is MUCH more effective than an online petition. Letters to Burbank en masse would also get noticed. An online survey is like a gnat, barely noticeable and certainly not worthy of serious attention, no matter how well intentioned.

Also, you are not considering the larger picture. PeopleMover can't come back in its original form no matter what because of Grandfather laws and new building codes. So there again your petition is no longer really valid. Don't get me wrong, I am not against the PeopleMover. I have fond memories of it and do miss it, but things are slightly different now and hoping for it to return in its classic form is what could be termed a pipe dream. Oh, a PeopleMover like attraction WILL return, and Al's update makes it even more realistic within the next 5 or so years, but it will almost certainly not be like what it was before.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Good Luck With It I Hope It Works

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by thereviewer View Post
    Huge difference between an internet petition (something that has never been taken seriously, have you seen some of the petitions being made?) and sending CBS studios literally tons of peanuts to prove a point.

At least Jericho fans did something hip, new, and different... certainly newsworthy and head-turning. You guys are just happy with signing another internet petition, something that requires no effort, that won't even be looked at.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

when i go tuesday i will go to city hall and mention that there is an online survey with at least 1300 and a micechat forum full of peoplemover wanters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast