Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Do you think they will add more classic stuff to the Submarine Voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Also, according to Tony Baxter, the serpant was supposed to be an interactive element of the storyline. The new narrator (for whatever reason) was supposed to state that sea monsters don't exist just as the creature made itself apparent. Guess that didn't happen.
    Is this from the interview at o-meon.com? The new narrator does make mention of sea monsters at the end of the ride just as you see the shape of the sea serpent & mermaid in the rocks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The element of the ride that hints at the future is advances in marine technology, such as our sonar hydrophones, that allow us to actually hear the fish talk. Which is the same as the original attraction. Also just the general concept of deep sea exploration as well.
    i dont recall having to use sonar hydrophones on the old subs to translate fish talk. i could be wrong im sorry!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    i dont recall having to use sonar hydrophones on the old subs to translate fish talk. i could be wrong im sorry!
    The old subs did have sonar hydrophones, that is where the term came from in the first place.

• Minion

im sorry i dont remember everything crystal clear i was only 7 or 8.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    No reason for the bean counters to allocate further funding if the ride is a hit. More props = more maintenance = less funds for other areas of the park that desperately need TLC. People will ride FNSV no matter what, so adding more critters to the lagoon makes no sense. Better to spend the $$$ elsewhere.
    That's not the kind of thinking a park like Disneyland should be following. The park should have ample enough funding to do both, not one or the other.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The old subs did have sonar hydrophones, that is where the term came from in the first place.
    You could hear them talk, but it was realistic as in you heard like squeaks. Not the whole bloody english language.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

wait seriously fish talked? i dont even remember that in the you tubes i watched! lemme go watch againnn

• Banned User

wait seriously fish talked? i dont even remember that in the you tubes i watched! lemme go watch againnn
    In fact the lines of dialogue are even the exact same!

"The fish world was always thought to be a silent habitat...but now thanks to remarkable advances in marine technology...we can use instruments such as our Sonar Hydrophones to actually hear the fish talk!"

In the old ride it was kind of hookey in the new ride its used to establish a film tie-in and help the attraction fit in tomorrowland.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uX5GULvLP9A

7:23

You always see talk of live fish come up with the mention of the Sub ride.

I was thinking while riding it for a second time, why couldn't they use the same or a similar technique as the "dry for wet" boxes they use for the Nemo projections?

You know, have transparent glass boxes under water with real marine life in them, so that they could control the water temperature/salinity etc. separate from the water in the lagoon. Basically huge submerged aquariums. They could add some new rock work along the edge of the lagoon as an overhang to shield the tops of the tanks from view if they were above the water line. That way they could maintain the tanks easily and out of public view.
    I think it could be really cool and add a definite WOW! factor to the attraction.

But alas, I can hear the iron fists of the accountaneers snapping shut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12