Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Do you think they will add more classic stuff to the Submarine Voyage?

I was just listening to Tony Baxter's interview at o-meon.com and it seemed like he originally wanted to use more stuff from the original attraction in the new ride but because nothing was maintaned for so long (thanks to pressler/harris) nothing except save for that one sunken ship was salvagable in the new ride.

So I was wondering, do you guys think that they will install more props and realistic sea life into the lagoon? It seems like something they could do over night or during a routine rehab. I really feel the beginning of the new Nemo sub is severly lacking in sea life. The old ride had turtles, lobsters, crabs, tons of fish and giant sea bass, eels, octopii, sharks, etc. etc. the new one has like 1 or 2 creatures littered here and there. It would be cool if they could hide a mermaid or a goofy sea serpent somewhere in the attraction (not just a coral sculpture)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 06-13-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Thread type tag added

• Minion

Re: Do you think they will add more classic stuff to the Submarine Voyage?

i want more but they will all look like the cute fish at the beggining of the ride with the big eyes.

• Someone's excited!

I guess it's a possibility in the future....
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I really feel the beginning of the new Nemo sub is severly lacking in sea life. The old ride had turtles, lobsters, crabs, tons of fish and giant sea bass, eels, octopii, sharks, etc. etc. the new one has like 1 or 2 creatures littered here and there.
    Dearth by design.

Three dimensional show elements need scuba diving technicians for repairs. Digital projectors simply need a lamp replacement and system reboot, above the water line.

It's all about operational and maintenance costs. Reason why Living Character Initiative has become so popular with accountaneers.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Minion

Real mermaids and sea serpents, please!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I always thought it would be cool if there were live fish in there....not sure how they'd live, but still think it would be cool.

I do think the ride needs more sea life in the lagoon if nothing else. Anything is welcome, since a lot of the attraction is just barebones and animation. Alas, it seems as useful as hoping for more detail and fluid animatronics to be added to TMAoWtP.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It is inevitable that Disneyland will place more props and realistic critters in the lagoon. WDI/TFR has a hit on their hands and they will be motivated to do so. It will not be replicas of what they had before, however. they will likely be better. Also, I would like to see real aquatic life added to the lagoon as well. They are doing this at Universal orlando's new waterslide park.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Has anyone spotted the old sea serpent yet? Tony Baxter said that he was in it towards the end.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Has anyone spotted the old sea serpent yet? Tony Baxter said that he was in it towards the end.
    Yes, he is at the end of the caves, just before the bubbles start up when you "resurface," so you have to look kind of quick. You have a better chance of seeing him if you are sitting towards the back of the Sub. They also have the Serpent's humps if you look closely before you see his head. In another not-so-obvious rock formation before the serpent's head, you can see what appears to be a mermaid. It's pretty large. She looks to be on her back with the fin towards the sub. Hard to explain, and I only saw it one time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Yes, he is at the end of the caves, just before the bubbles start up when you "resurface," so you have to look kind of quick. You have a better chance of seeing him if you are sitting towards the back of the Sub. They also have the Serpent's humps if you look closely before you see his head. In another not-so-obvious rock formation before the serpent's head, you can see what appears to be a mermaid. It's pretty large. She looks to be on her back with the fin towards the sub. Hard to explain, and I only saw it one time.
    I'm anxious to see the old serpant myself. That's an extremely nice nod to the former attraction.

Also, according to Tony Baxter, the serpant was supposed to be an interactive element of the storyline. The new narrator (for whatever reason) was supposed to state that sea monsters don't exist just as the creature made itself apparent. Guess that didn't happen.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'll be looking for it next time.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    It is inevitable that Disneyland will place more props and realistic critters in the lagoon. WDI/TFR has a hit on their hands and they will be motivated to do so.
    No reason for the bean counters to allocate further funding if the ride is a hit. More props = more maintenance = less funds for other areas of the park that desperately need TLC. People will ride FNSV no matter what, so adding more critters to the lagoon makes no sense. Better to spend the $$$ elsewhere.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I really feel the beginning of the new Nemo sub is severly lacking in sea life. The old ride had turtles, lobsters, crabs, tons of fish and giant sea bass, eels, octopii, sharks, etc. etc. the new one has like 1 or 2 creatures littered here and there.
    What?

And remove the one element of the ride that hints at the future--the results of overfishing? Please!
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 06-15-2007 at 04:36 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    What?

And remove the one element of the ride that hints at the furure--the results of overfishing? Please!
    The element of the ride that hints at the future is advances in marine technology, such as our sonar hydrophones, that allow us to actually hear the fish talk. Which is the same as the original attraction. Also just the general concept of deep sea exploration as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast