Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Thumbs up Re: Should Disney make an Annual Pass that can be use for both all US parks?

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    How does that follow from having a national/world AP? Most people would not be able to utilize such a pass. The pass would be for those types who live for their vacations. What's wrong with saving them a little money? As to the sovereignty, it's a theme park for crying out loud! Granted Disney parks are the best theme parks in the world, but they're still theme parks. Again, I disagree with you. I don't think a national/world AP would make the parks more generic. If anything it would encourage them to make them more unique so as to encourage people from either coast to travel to the other.
    I couldn't agree with you more on this one BassBone.

...Joe...

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: Should Disney make an Annual Pass that can be use for both all US parks?

My wife was given a silver pass the day she was hired by Disney (not at the theme parks). It's not a lifetime pass, but it's good at every Disney Park worldwide except Tokyo (unfortunately), since Tokyo is not technically owned by Disney. I'm currently trying to save money for a Paris vacation.

• Comin' at ya!

Interesting concept, but I think they would lose a lot of money.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Okay, I have a Cedar Fair Maxx Air Pass, which basically means I can go to any Cedar Fair parks in the USA and Canada with it. Now this got me thinking, should Disney offer an annual pass that let you into the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort parks? I think that it would be a neat idea and great for DVC members.
    No. Next question.
    DIS shouldn't even be offering APs as an option in the first place, if you were to ask me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• back to WDW in January

at the very least, an AP at any one of the parks should entitle the holder to a (substantial) discount for a pass to one of the other parks

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Good lord, seeing how much the WDW APs are (and that's only because they have WAY more to offer then the DLR does)... could you imagine the price of a DLR/WDW AP?

$1000 for the Regular, $1500 for the Premium... great thanks! Even the resident APs, if they even have them, would have to be more expensive then the WDW Premium pass. $750 for the Florida/California-resident AP. Oh good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    at the very least, an AP at any one of the parks should entitle the holder to a (substantial) discount for a pass to one of the other parks
    Discount yes, substantial no. I would say that the discount pricing offered to the resident passes would be the sweet spot. Not too much, not too little.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• World Traveler

It's a great idea. They'd sure make a lot more money.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No. Next question.
    DIS shouldn't even be offering APs as an option in the first place, if you were to ask me.

/snicker
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I didn't know that. Hope that I became rich enough to do DL and WDW on consecutive days!
    I've done that before. You don't really have to be that rich. Just living in OC and being rich enough to afford both an annual pass to Disneyland and an occasional trip to WDW will do it.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Feeling LOVED

I would absolutely pay for that!!!! And being a DVC member, it would be great for them to add it as part of the membership.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• I'm a guy

Someone said something about Disney losing a lot of money...
    I don't see this as being to big of an issue, as long as they charged about what they would for two passes but a little less. They wouldn't lose money because that's what the AP is designed for and since you couldn't be at the same park at the same time, no money is lost.
    They wouldn't have to advertise it aggressively so they wouldn't even have to put too much money into starting the program, it would just be a convenience thing for those who can afford it.
    As long as they charge a premium price (for what I consider a premium buy) it shouldn't be a problem
    If there are any flaws in my logic please feel free to let me know

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    I would absolutely pay for that!!!! And being a DVC member, it would be great for them to add it as part of the membership.

Now that's thinking. Who wants to call member services?!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Apparently the computers for ticketing have been integrated. This would make a national pass much easier to accomplish.

I would prefer adding the other Resort to an already existing Annual Pass. I think the system should be established with a home Resort and then added guest Resorts. As a guest less would be offered in the way of discounts, etc (but WDW would have to offer some discounts ). I just think the use of the Annual Pass could be extended more, but not necessarily advertised.

If it was to be named something like DisneyParks America Annual Passport I'd probably have to hurt somebody.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123