Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Defeats the Huns

rumor has it DEP will not be returning after this year.

• Rainicorn.

Do you think they'll bring DEP to HKDL?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Do you think they'll bring DEP to HKDL?
    HKDL is getting the other version of the MSEP. There are two copies of it, so DCA can keep its, HKDL gets the version that is currently unused, and WDW, DLP, and TDL all get the newer versions, SpectroMagic, Fantillusion, and DreamLights, respectively.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Is there still another version kicking around? I thought DL's was dismantled and it was WDW's that moved to DLP, then to DCA...

• Banned User

Question

This is all so confusing...I thought TKDL also had a Fantillusion at one time? Since this all has me confused, what is the difference between the MSEP, Fantillusion and Dreamlights??
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 06-25-2005 at 06:07 PM.

• Banned User

Question

Let me see if I get this straight: Disneyland had the Electrical Parade, and Light Magic tried to replace it. It then was brought back in the late 90's and then moved again, then came BACK to DCA. The MK had the Electrical Parade, and was replaced by SpectroMagic, then the MSEP returned again and was again replaced by a NEW SpectroMagic. DLP had an Electrical Parade, but it was replaced by Fantillusion. TKDL had an Electrical Parade, but was replaced by Electrical Parade Dreamlights... Did I get this right?:confused:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Let me see if I get this straight: Disneyland had the Electrical Parade, and Light Magic tried to replace it. It then was brought back in the late 90's and then moved again, then came BACK to DCA. The MK had the Electrical Parade, and was replaced by SpectroMagic, then the MSEP returned again and was again replaced by a NEW SpectroMagic. DLP had an Electrical Parade, but it was replaced by Fantillusion. TKDL had an Electrical Parade, but was replaced by Electrical Parade Dreamlights... Did I get this right?:confused:
    There have been 3 versions of the electrical parade...

DL had the first.... 1972

WDW had the secondÖ

DLP had the last and third I think...

DL's ran until November of 1996.. where later it was moved to WDW and received a refurbishment. Then WDW ran the DLís Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom until April 1, 2001. It then later returned to DL and is being shown at DCA.

WDW's ran until 1992 when it was then moved to DLP. WDW prepared Spectro Magic, however after many years of running it needed a refurbishment. Since DLís was there they switched out parades and DL's played for a while.. Once Spectro Magic returned to service DLís was shipped back to DL... When DLP Replaced the Electrical Parade with Fantalusion it was refurbished and sent to Hong Kong.

Tokyo's never moved but did receive a few of DL's old units i hear.. Tokyo stopped doing theirs and Premiered Fantalusion. A few years ago they sold Fantalusion to DLP and then created "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights" I am not sure if this uses any of the old Electrical Parade Units or not.
    Last edited by figment1986; 06-25-2005 at 06:39 PM.

• Creative Director

I want a new nighttime parade for disneyland. (Sorry all you "fantasmic replaced the nighttime parade". both can work together in the park.)

updating MSEP- hello- DREAMLIGHTS! anyone???

actually, fantasmic didn't really replace the nighttime specific parade. They show Parade of dreams at night, so there still is a parade at night.
    I believe it was the simple thing called Budget cuts after light magic failed, that management thought one parade for the park was enough, show it once during the day as the day parade, and once at night for the 'night' parade. not the same if you ask me. but it was all due to money.

DEP isn't going anywhere, at least I think. it still gets a crowd and keeps people in DCA at night. management won't want to lose that, unless they create something else. they need, and want bodies, still in the park at night.

Hey, I have been thinking that something like Blazing Rhythms would work great in DCA. or at least something that uses the element of fire to light up the night.

• Creative Director

Imagine this-

Disneyland: Parade of Dreams & a "Dreamlights" type of parade at night.

DCA: Block Party & a "Blazing Rhythms" type parade at night.

thematically and all, sounds good to me.

• Banned User

Does anyone have a video or pictures of Fantallusion?

• Defeats the Huns

Sorry, DEP won't be coming back. I'm pretty sure of it. The parade is WAY old and falling apart. Yes, it still brings crowds and I, myself, still love the parade. But, it's going... Go see if while you still can.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Sorry, DEP won't be coming back. I'm pretty sure of it. The parade is WAY old and falling apart. Yes, it still brings crowds and I, myself, still love the parade. But, it's going... Go see if while you still can.
    How do you know this? do you work in entertainment? Did this actually come out of the department?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    How could THAT be possible? I grew up on that parade and I refuse to believe this news!

Okay, so it's not Light Tragic, but it's a classic! It's like passing over the 1977 Mickey Mouse Club over for Britney Spears and the new MMC if they were to get rid of DEP! If they did get rid of DEP they would not only lose the crowds that see the show, they would lose one big fan.......ME!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    DEP won't be leaving any time soon...they are refurbishing in this fall meaning it will stay for awhile longer. It won't leave until they have a replacement. It is very clear that every Disney Resort has to have a light parade...since all 5 resorts have one.

There are two forms of the MSEP, one started at DL and one at WDW. WDW replaced its with SpectroMagic and its MSEP to DLP for its opening. That is the version that is currently not in use, ever since DLP got Fantillusion from TDL. DL's MSEP went to WDW during its re-run in the late 90s and early 2000s, and then returned to DCA. TDL made Dreamlights to replace Fantillusion, and the form of Fantillusion that DLP currently shows is MUCH shorter than what was shown at TDL, as TDL makes enormous parades.

I could not see DEP leaving DCA till at least 2007, but, again, it won't leave until a replacement is being produced.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    It won't leave, it has clearly been slated to go down for refurb during the holiday season!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast