• Super Old Guy

AP Renewal Question

Well, I'm about 10 days away from my next SoCal visit - can't wait!!! (Big surprise!) Anyway, it's been a while since I've renewed my AP, and I'm sure procedures have changed. Actually, it isn't a renewal, as the old one expired a few months ago. I've paid the fee, and I have my voucher. The question is do I need to go to the ticket booths on my first visit, or will the voucher get me thru the gate, and then I go to the AP processing center inside DL park? I think I've done it both ways before, so I just need to know what the current procedure is. Thanks.

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries
    I had to go to the ticket booth! you might want to try there first! Then they sent me over to DCA to get my new AP!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Looks like you have an AP Voucher, the "rules" state that on your first visit to the park, you need to get your "plastic AP". Here are the steps...

1. Use the voucher to enter Disneyland (the voucher works just like a ticket).

2. Go to the Bank of Main Street (the current location for the AP Processing Center).

3. Stand in line (at times this can be a long line).

4. When you enter the processing center, they will take the voucher, your photo and information, and print your new AP on the spot.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• white and nerdy

how long does it take to do all this stuff? I'm getting mine soon as well, but I don't want to be a drag on the rest of my group.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Sock Puppet

Darkbeer is right on the money.

I was just wondering StitchTT6, did they add a AP processing center in DCA? I was just wondering because the last time I checked you had to process your AP in Disneyland only.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    how long does it take to do all this stuff? I'm getting mine soon as well, but I don't want to be a drag on the rest of my group.
    It will only be a drag if you're the leader of the group. Get in line, get your pass, then call them on the cellphone to find out where they are.
    There doesn't seem to be any good time to get in that line. To minimize dragitude, get your pass as you're leaving for the day. Maybe the line shortens during fireworks.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Feel the breeze!

Go early in the morning. From my observations, early in the day the line is very short to nonexistant. Later in the day...well, the length of the line can rival "Peter Pan's Flight".

• Space Scout

Quote Originally Posted by 100th Dalmation
    I was just wondering StitchTT6, did they add a AP processing center in DCA? I was just wondering because the last time I checked you had to process your AP in Disneyland only.
    I went to DCA when I added parking to my AP. They have an information desk to your left when you walk through the gate (opposite the restrooms).
    But my AP itself was processed in DL.

As for how long it takes, it totally depends on the line. If there's no one there, it'll be just a few minutes. You just take your picture and wait for the pass to print.
    Help test MouseMosaic! PM me suggestions.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Go early in the morning. From my observations, early in the day the line is very short to nonexistant. Later in the day...well, the length of the line can rival "Peter Pan's Flight".
    That's very good advice, I got my AP over Spring Break and every day was insane at the park, but we got there right at 7:45, were in the park by 8:30 and had my AP by 9:15, but that included a ride on Buzz because it had no line and we couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Not to be redundant, but the early am thing is correct. Like...while the hotel guests are having a great time during early access, that would be when you want to be in line. I went on two different occasions, the first to get mine, and the second to get them for my family. I was in line 20 minutes after the park opened and stood in line for FORTY FIVE MINUTES. When I came back with my family, I stood in line while my family went shopping before the park officially opened. When they opened at 10am, we were first in line.

So what's my point? I don't think everyone in that place knows what they are doing, because the line was moving VEEEEERY slowly. And there's no fast pass. We're talking 5 to 10 minutes per person.

• Super Old Guy

Thanks, all. DB, your description was as I remembered it from the last time (although the processing center has moved around a bit). I'll be arriving in town in mid-afternoon, so I'll be stuck getting in the line around 4 or 5pm. Here's hoping most people are done by that point!