Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Question about GradNite

Ok. So. I graduated high school last year and my class and I were supposed to go (we had set the dates and everything), but when we presented our trip to the pta (or whatever the involved parent volunteers group thingy is) and they denied us our trip due to liability issues...STUPID!!!

so this year, the class of '07 somehow got away with it and they just got back today from GradNite! aaah! So Jealous!

Anyways, that's not why I'm posting...just thought I would shed some jealousy.

My question is:

What attractions are open?

I know that they all weren't open (including nemo) cuz my friend told me so.

and I know that they set up dance floors and have special fireworks and stuff....

but what other things do they have that's special?

I'll never get to see it...

*~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Hillary scares me.

Re: Question about GradNite

Fantasyland (besides Teacups and the Matterhorn) and a lot of the stores are shut down. There's also horrible pop music blaring from every inch of the park. Other than that, it's just like any other night in Disneyland - with a slightly higher percentage of idiots running around.

What's so special about it is that you'll never get the opportunity to spend the entire night in Disneyland with people you actually like ever again. It's pretty surreal to see the sun rising over the park.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    Ok. So. I graduated high school last year and my class and I were supposed to go (we had set the dates and everything), but when we presented our trip to the pta (or whatever the involved parent volunteers group thingy is) and they denied us our trip due to liability issues...STUPID!!!

so this year, the class of '07 somehow got away with it and they just got back today from GradNite! aaah! So Jealous!

My question is:

and I know that they set up dance floors and have special fireworks and stuff....

Dude, I doubt your PTA is dumb, my money says some of your classmates pulled some dumb sh-- which ended up C-blocking you and your class. I guarantee if you check into it and actually ask questions, you'll see that someone F-ed up on the student side.

It doesn't appear that you missed that much. If you want to recreate it, just fill an iPOD with crap music, and wear it around the park all day.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My question is:

If it is any consolation, local high school kids HATE Grad Nite. There was nothing worse for us than to have to be stuck at Disneyland all night long on the biggest night of our teenage years. Our high school never did it because no one wanted to do it.

(Of course none of us would ever admit that deep down inside, we thought it was way cool!)

• Sock Puppet

I'm sorry... I know that at least at my school the PTA changed every year.. so maybe that had to do with it.
    I live 500 miles away from Disneyland right now. I know that previous classes had gone to Disneyland, but our class didn't. I'm just dragging my friends down there for next week so we can have our own 3-day gradnight.

• the F.O.D. solution.

I had my Grad Nite at Disneyland. At the time I was an avid Dland fan (still am) and lived 300 miles away. I was so excited to go and have the park open for just my school. Little did I know that it wasn't just my school, but 50 other schools as well. It was the most crowded I'd ever seen the park, only got to go on a couple rides, loud obnoxious music blasting and ruining the atmosphere. Like a previous poster said, it's pretty cool to see the sun rise over the park, other than that, you really didn't miss anything.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Well im sorry you didnt get to experience this....I really liked it and had alot of fun. its really crowded though.

Picture it: The sounds of Hip Hop and Pop music blaring in the air, the fresh aroma of marijuana present even in the lines of each attraction, nothing but 18-year olds making idiots out of themselves, and only "E', "D", and possibly a few "C" ticket attractions available to enjoy. This my friend is Grad Night. And you missed nothing.

Grad Night was the worst experience at Disneyland I've ever had.

Congratulations! You missed Grad Nite at Disneyland! Pat yourself on the back and never look back!

Seriously, I worked in the hub this year for Grad Nites, and the music here sucks and repeats all night long. Then I noticed tonight that they actually played good music for the last half hour of Grad Nite after everyone was already leaving or had left. Yep.

Or course, do a Hub/Plaza shift (one of my favorites) and you get music repeating there too.
    Of course, that's GOOD music.

• Sock Puppet

I've heard about a lot of the stuff that goes on during grad night, but speaking as a student who didn't have the chance to take friends to Disneyland on weekend trips, I can see where it would be a big deal not to go.

Even if there is horrible Hip Hop and Pop music, I'd still want to go to Disneyland with my entire senior class. That's the chance the doesn't come up more than once.

• Goofy

grad nite has everything to great hip hop music and to regular pop and having fun with your friends for one last time which makes a little bit sad.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Grad nights sucks. I hate it.

You kids drink WAAAAY too much sodas. sold around 600+ drinks PER cart. That is like... INSANE.

the music gave me headaches after listening to it for like 4 hours.

Oh well, i just got back from work... 4 hours of sleep and its back to my normal work schedule. SOOOO TIRED.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• the F.O.D. solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Even if there is horrible Hip Hop and Pop music, I'd still want to go to Disneyland with my entire senior class. That's the chance the doesn't come up more than once.
    In a few years you won't be so sentimental about it. I graduated in the late '80's, and at this point in my life I could care less about my high school days. In retrospect, I would have sat out GradNite, the prom, even the graduation ceremony; would have saved me a few bucks and I could have spent the time doing something more worth while and enjoyable.

Never say never. Perhaps someday you can attend as a chaperone. I went to my Grad Nite in '86 and once again as a chaperone in '98.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast