Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• okeydokey

Re: AbandonedLand: Finding uses for the empty and unused parts of the Disneyland Res

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    For those of us non-AP'ers MrLiver, the more attractions in Disneyland is equal to the more number of days those of us on vacation will need to spend at Disneyland and in the Disneyland Resort...Disneyland is so enjoyable because it offers so much, not because it offers too much, and personally, the more attractions it has the better, the less empty space Disneyland has, the better.
    I second this.
    Yay, betrothal!

• Golden Dreamer!

Re: AbandonedLand: Finding uses for the empty and unused parts of the Disneyland Res

Also something could happen on the Trail soon.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Great thread to discuss!

Top floor of Starcade has been something I've been thinking about for awhile. I've had some different proposals.

1. Yesterland of Tomorrowland exhibit. With technology moving at the rate it is, Tomorrowland gets updated much more often than other lands need to. So it would be a nice step back through memory lane to see the Tomorrowland that no longer exists.

Remember the queue for Rocket Rods? That's something that should be seen by all. Even the movies played in the circle vision of walt movies they played. It'd be nice to have an area where everyone can remember the past with a look forward to hopes of the future.

And if the People Mover returns, it'd be a nice thing to look at through those windows.

2. If nobody likes the exhibit idea, then I also suggest that the top floor can be turned into a nice indoor queue area for Space Mountain. There's no reason that so many people have to wait in the sun. It'd be great if that room is redesigned so that the entire cieling is a starfield. Throw in some projections of shooting stars, etc... it could be a real 'cool' way to wait in line and prep you for Space Mountain. Gone are the windows so the room is mostly dark with a great view of the stars. Maybe a wormhole or an occasional shot of a space mountain rocket passing by. People Mover passing by will also see how amazing this looks.

And if Space Mountain's queue is on the upper area of the Starcade, then that leaves a lot of room on the platform for something else perhaps. What that could be, I don't know. I just like consolidating space to free up more possibilities.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Golden Dreamer!

How about this: The top of the Space Mountain quene remains the same. But they enter the star tours building so we use up both of your problem spaces.

• Minion

maybe if the queue is upstairs in the starcade you can put flying saucers in the old queue! haha

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    maybe if the queue is upstairs in the starcade you can put flying saucers in the old queue! haha

THERE you go!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    Also something could happen on the Trail soon.
    hopefully something pocahontas?!?!?!?!?!?!? or that train ride?

• Functional & Decorative

I can say that Hollywood & Dine is not completely unused and abandoned. It is sometimes used as a holding/meeting area for special events or parties. It may not be a consistent use, or even one open to the public, but it does continue to be used on an infrequent basis. Although no arguing from me that the space could be better used as some sort of attraction to the public.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Golden Dreamer!

Nope. Management has given us stuff. Looks to be for Haloween Madness or whatever. It just says this:

The trail may change.

I do hope that train ride comes though.

• Minion

the trail may change into another form of trail or a ride?

• Golden Dreamer!

another form of train. Sorry about that. I was too hoping for a ride.

• Return to Oz

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Thunder BBQ/Festival of Fools arena...it's high-time that Frontierland got a new, exciting attraction. This land used to be a place of constant movement back in it's heyday. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a folk tales attraction should go right here. The classic stories of American heroes and heroines of the old west are dying...almost no one knows the stories anymore. Disney used to make cartoons based off of some of these characters, so it's in the company's history. I wouldn't want to see cartoonized versions of these stories come to like...rather, a fabulous new AA attraction with life-like characters. We need to see Annie Oakley, Paul Bunyon, Pecos Bill, Slue Foot Sue, Bess Call, and of course, Davy Crockett to name a few key characters...it would be absolutely amazing.

That would be so awsome ^ but i wouldn't mind if they are cartoonized

So... what do you think?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    another form of train. Sorry about that. I was too hoping for a ride.
    im guessing brother bear just doesnt cut it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney luv View Post
    That would be so awsome ^ but i wouldn't mind if they are cartoonized

This would be a really cool ride, with my favorite, johney appleseed! or maybe even a home on the range ride but that wasnt really all that popular.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I can say that Hollywood & Dine is not completely unused and abandoned. It is sometimes used as a holding/meeting area for special events or parties. It may not be a consistent use, or even one open to the public, but it does continue to be used on an infrequent basis. Although no arguing from me that the space could be better used as some sort of attraction to the public.
    I noted in the OP that both Hollywood & Dine and WWTBAM-PI! are used primarily for private events now. Its a shame, both buildings hold much potential, and to see them both sit mostly unused in a park that desperately needs more things to do, it makes the current status of the buildings that much more upsetting.

I don't understand why we need to private event buildings in the park, especially so close to eachother. If they need space for a private event, the Hyperion Theatre can be easily converted for this, or, on a smaller scale, the Disney Animation lobby. The Grand Californian is also right next door to the park with ballrooms and meeting spaces. Wasting valuable in-park space so there are venues for private events simply isn't necessary.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast