Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Wasn't Stromboli's that place where they gave you bread with some green stuff on it? I remember eating there once and the waiter said something to the effect of, "You'll be telling people 'Man I don't remember what it was, but they had this great bread with green stuff on it!'" I'm amazed at how true that statement's become for me.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I thought the Menu Mask were from Monorail Cafe :confused:

Oh hell maybe I mixed up my memories. I just remember getting spaghetti and having a pinocchio paper mask.

• Junior Senior

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    Wasn't Stromboli's that place where they gave you bread with some green stuff on it? I remember eating there once and the waiter said something to the effect of, "You'll be telling people 'Man I don't remember what it was, but they had this great bread with green stuff on it!'" I'm amazed at how true that statement's become for me.
    I remember that bread so well...I had it so many times. Best garlic bread ever!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Although we've walked around the property, my family's never been able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, even though we'd love to...know why? My family's too big! We'd have to either get 2 rooms or a suite; neither is cost effective(for us). Why can't they offer 6 person rooms? Mini suites?

The saddest thing about Fantasy Waters being gone (to me) is the last shred of the Captian EO attraction has been ripped out of the resort. (If you recall, a big section of the show was to "Another Part of Me"). Yeah, yeah, Michael Jackson is a freak and all that but I don't think anyone can say HISTA is a better show. To me, EO will always be one of my fondest childhood memories that was a highlight of tomorrowland. (And being an addict of fiber optic startfields, man....did that show have it's share!!!)

Goodbye Fantasy Waters....goodbye EO. May you rest forever in that obscure part of my memory.....

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I miss the Hotels adjacent campground Vacationland. It was one of the very few Woodalls 5*Star rated campsites in the United States(another one was Fort Wilderness at DisneyWorld). All campers were welcome to use Disneyland Hotel facilities, but frankly, the campground had such nice recreation, we never did.

Torn down for Parking(when a perfectly good lot used to reign right in front of Disneyland), just one more reason I hate DCA
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Just this guy......

I miss the miniature golf course.

• Sock Puppet

I totally remember that sort of stuff, and I was like, 7 when I last saw the old layout. I remember the Fantasy Waters. And the motor boats. I remember begging my parents to do them, and never being allowed to do that. Now I'll never have the chance! *sniff!* Thanks alot, Mom and Dad!

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Why would did they take the Fantasy water show out? can EIsner really try and add more per square foot $ making's in this small space ? Heck I would have paid 1.00 to see the show if thats the issue. Darn this is annoying! The shopping area out by there is hodge podge and "goofy" they could have improved on capital gains just by some unique hige end Disney related mdse and kept the Fantasy show.

Still have nostalgia for the old Dizzo hotel from our first trip back in '95. Fantasy Waters became a pre-Disneyland tradition, not to mention breakfast in the Monorail Cafe and then a convenient hop on the monorail itself into Disneyland. Know they tore out the Sierra Pool but do they still have Papeete Beach?

• Greetings, Program!

I had to find out the hard way that Fantasy Waters was gone just last night. I was walking the hotel grounds and approached the area, thinking I may stay around for the nightly show. I didn't have clue one that it had already been ripped out. My jaw hit the floor. It was like seeing the tattered remains of the house you grew up in.

I just let out a deep sigh, got a haagen daz shake, and went to the top of the parking structure to watch the sunset, feeling that deep pit in my heart where the Waters show used to be.

I took more girls to watch that thing than I can remember.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Happily now an AP holder.

Thumbs down Noooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I had to find out the hard way that Fantasy Waters was gone just last night. I was walking the hotel grounds and approached the area, thinking I may stay around for the nightly show. I didn't have clue one that it had already been ripped out. My jaw hit the floor. It was like seeing the tattered remains of the house you grew up in.

I just let out a deep sigh, got a haagen daz shake, and went to the top of the parking structure to watch the sunset, feeling that deep pit in my heart where the Waters show used to be.

I took more girls to watch that thing than I can remember.
    They ripped it out? I thought the show background was still there (but just painted over) and maybe if we complained enough that they would bring it back. Have any pics?
    -Goober

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by goober7011
    They ripped it out? I thought the show background was still there (but just painted over) and maybe if we complained enough that they would bring it back. Have any pics?
    -Goober
    It looks like they're in the middle of painting over the light squares on the back wall, and there are components that I can only assume are the water jets all pulled up and lined up along the same back wall. The lights that made up the castle and the classic disney characters along the top appear to be gone and there's also a pile of lighting equipment behind that podium like thing to the left. There's no sign saying 'pardon our dust" or anything to indicate any kind of refurbishing or return of Fantasy Waters, or even a replacement. This looks like the real deal, folks.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think the "Lee press on nails" method of new decor (especially the "magic, disney style" looking stars on the roof ) is such cheese. Sometimes places that are done well in their time and grow old are disgraced by makeovers that are not. This would be one of those examples. There is nothing worse than to see spray painted ceramic tile.

Having said all of that, do i think the guests like the new place better, probably yes. The only thing that in mind mind was ever sacred at that wanna be disney project was...

THE MINIATURE GOLF COURSE..THAT ROCKED. SCALED DOWN MATTERHORN, RIDES, CHARACTERS AND MORE. WHAT A FUN PLACE. I SAY BRING THAT BACK FOR THE 50TH!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234