Which one do you prefer?
Here's some old highlights from the old DLH:
Activities / Restaurants:
- Remote control boats
* Fantasy Waters Show
* Atari Adventure - underwater arcade in the marina
* Shipyard Inn - seafood restaurant
* Via Verde - my favorite italian restaurant in new Goofy's Kitchen location
- Goofy's Kitchen - smaller version @ monorail station
* Neon Cactus Bar - cheesy play area for the adults
* Wharf Bar - actually overlooking the marina
* Sierra Pool - unthemed hotel pool
* Monorail Cafe - great breakfasts / milkshakes themed post-war era 50's
- Team Mickey's workout
- Grandvilles steakhouse
* - replaced or removed
For me, I miss the old hotel layout. Although I like the way the Neverland Pool looks, it was a high price to pay to rip out the old Marina. I'll always remember running the walkway into the Atari Adventure to play video games. It seemed like the A/C never worked during the summer. The temp inside was always 90+ degrees but it didn't matter to me.
As an adult, I will always have memories bringing my girlfriend (currently my wife) to have drinks on the old Wharf Bar listening to some cheesy band playing while waiting for a table at Via Verde's. On the way back to the monorail, we used to always peek in the Neon Cactus Bar only to see some drunk tourist trying to dance like his kids.
Everything changes. Sometimes you just want to go back for a day or two...