Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Who Here Thinks The Nemo Sub Ride Should Have Been More Original?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I totally agree. The new subs is the best thing to happen to Disneyland since Indy, and I would even argue even a more important addition since even Star Tours.

I wouldn't go THAT far. Star Tours set the standard and as many people gripe about how old it is now, it was mind blowing. Star Tours and Splash Mountain was a 1-2 punch that was just an amazing 2 years.

I really do love the new Subs and it is a landmark worthy of the disneyland history books, but it's no Star Tours. Not yet. It's just a redressed ride and that's it. The queue is just well... there pretty much is no queue. Only a pipe with a reference to 1959. Needs a lot more than that me thinks!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Who Here Thinks The Nemo Sub Ride Should Have Been More Original?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I wouldn't go THAT far. Star Tours set the standard and as many people gripe about how old it is now, it was mind blowing. Star Tours and Splash Mountain was a 1-2 punch that was just an amazing 2 years.

I really do love the new Subs and it is a landmark worthy of the disneyland history books, but it's no Star Tours. Not yet. It's just a redressed ride and that's it. The queue is just well... there pretty much is no queue. Only a pipe with a reference to 1959. Needs a lot more than that me thinks!
    I was debating whether to say it was the best thing to happen to Disneyland since Indy. I really wanted to go way back and say POTC or America Sings, but I thought that might be a little overzealous in my opinion so I compromised and said Star Tours. I guess it made sense in my little warped mind. LOL

I'm sorry guys IMHO Disneyland stopped being Disneyland when they took out the subs. Now they're back. I don't care what they did to bring them back, but they're back. I cannot understate the enthusiasm I feel about this.

Another thing that the subs offer that to me is a breath of fresh air is the non-themed queue out in the sun. To the younger crowd this probably doesn't make any sense. But the new sub ride totally takes me back to the pre-Eisner Disney years. And it feels good. It really is refreshing to be out in the open air instead of an elaborate show-room which is dark and cramped.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345