Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Who Here Thinks The Nemo Sub Ride Should Have Been More Original?

I just saw the entire 12 minute ride on another website from start to finish and noticed the ride is just a rehash of the movie. They use the same TV technology that Epcot's Nemo ride uses and I was sad to see very few animatronics in the water.

I did notice the volcano scene and my eyes popped up. I was like wow. Now if only the whole ride was more original like the volcano scene- wait, I rode the original ride some many years back and yes I know the volcano was in the original ride but here's what I'm getting at...

I believe a new story for the subs should have been created for this updated attraction and the journey could have shown us what Dory, Marlin and Nemo had to endure on their journey back home from Australia. Give us new scenes, new characters, throw in Crush and his son for cameos... They could have encountered the zany kooky sea monster instead of giving it back to us in a rock formation.

I'm just venting. What do you think about Nemo Sub storyline?

• is too darn hot.

Re: Who Here Thinks The Nemo Sub Ride Should Have Been More Original?

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I just saw the entire 12 minute ride on another website from start to finish and noticed the ride is just a rehash of the movie. They use the same TV technology that Epcot's Nemo ride uses and I was sad to see very few animatronics in the water.

I did notice the volcano scene and my eyes popped up. I was like wow. Now if only the whole ride was more original like the volcano scene- wait, I rode the original ride some many years back and yes I know the volcano was in the original ride but here's what I'm getting at...

I believe a new story for the subs should have been created for this updated attraction and the journey could have shown us what Dory, Marlin and Nemo had to endure on their journey back home from Australia. Give us new scenes, new characters, throw in Crush and his son for cameos... They could have encountered the zany kooky sea monster instead of giving it back to us in a rock formation.

I'm just venting. What do you think about Nemo Sub storyline?
    I agree with you on that, however overall I think the ride was fairly well done. There were a couple parts where it dragged and if you get stuck waiting to unload it can be very annoying, but overall I really enjoyed it.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Big Thunder

Ya I agree. More original like not having Nemo in the ride period would have been great.

• DL is my anti-drug.

^LOL someones a nemo hater. haha

• Big Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by bbks18 View Post
    ^LOL someones a nemo hater. haha
    Nah. I love Nemo, loved the whole movie. It's my favorite Pixar/Disney movie. Just think the amazing technology in the ride should have been used on something more original than a cartoon we've already seen.

A really good ride that could have been an amazing ride had they not continued to go down the stale road of pixar cartoons.

• Merry 2014!

I would have preferred a more original story and at the same time it is just good to have the subs back. Time will tell how the ride really measures up with guests. I am not sure it is good for 20 or more years like the first sub attraction.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• no flash photography...

I agree. I didn't care for the story at all. I could guess what scenes were coming up next when I realized they were just rehashing the movie. Seriously, if nemo gets lost a second time what are the odds the exact same things would happen to find him?

I thought the animations were cute and the ride was well done, but the story was weak.

• Defying gravity

Well, after just seeing both The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Finding Nemo: The Musical at WDW, I do feel a bit Nemo-ed out. FNSV will be rehashing the story a third time. Something actually futuristic in Tomorrowland would have been nice....

• Defying gravity

I mean really, besides Expedition Everest, what is the last non-Pixar attraction that Disney has recently build in either resort? And what's being planned? - Toy Story Mania.

• Big Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I mean really, besides Expedition Everest, what is the last non-Pixar attraction that Disney has recently build in either resort? And what's being planned? - Toy Story Mania.
    Tower of Terror? I dunno. Either way you've made a good point.

• Iron-Clad Allie

After reading everybodies reviews, I'm a bit disappointed in the ride - and I haven't even been on it yet. I'm still excited about experiencing all of the new technology, but I didn't realize they were going to stick to the same storyline as the Nemo film.

Redundent attractions such a Snow White and Pinocchio may have worked in the 50's and 60's with far less sophisticated guests. Today's audience is far more sophisticated...with higher expectations and demands. We enjoy the older story telling rides because they are classics. Yes. People will tire of this ride within the next 5 to 10 years - due to repeat visits and ever changing technologies.

I would have rather seen Disney innermix the characters of Nemo and the Little Mermaid as they travel forward in time to a futuristic city that floats on the sea. The city would be inhabited by humans, and project a positive scenerio for what lies ahead. It would envolve fantasy, science fiction and applied scientific fact.

There are lots of ideas that would work far better than a rehash of a movie plot, and it's sequence of story scenes.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Merry 2014!

I am also disappointed in Lasseter. I don't think he used his creative or WDI powers as well as he could have. I mean he got Disney to spend big bucks on new technology to resurrect the subs, he could have been more forward thinking with the story. So there will be a question as to whatToy Story Mania's originality will be.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

My dad put it perfectly the other day. He said, "Disney doesn't seem to go 'above and beyond' anymore. They just deliver something that's 'good enough'". And he wasn't even the biggest Submarine Voyage fan to begin with!

• Minion

Makes me think of Star tours... how we go off in this seemingly normal start then oh no, all hell breaks loose. Nemo's gone and we must explore this sea looking for him. I think it was really just to show off the new technology. We could deal without a story and still have everything swimming around. Just turn off the voice audio and the ride could be better.

*hasn't been on Nemo and barely remembers the old subs*

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I am also disappointed in Lasseter. I don't think he used his creative or WDI powers as well as he could have. I mean he got Disney to spend big bucks on new technology to resurrect the subs, he could have been more forward thinking with the story. So there will be a question as to whatToy Story Mania's originality will be.
    Let's hope Toy Story Mania is more unique. Buzz and Monsters are. So, I believe TSM will be as well. It's a gut instinct, in conjunction with the layout of the ride that I have seen...so far.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast