Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Interpreting Park Rules (hey, JeffYardDog)

To continue a wandering topic from the Ever Get Adopted at Disneyland thread:

What about the rule that you may not bring food into the parks from outside? What's your take on that? How unsafe is breaking that rule and is there only one way of interpreting that also?

JeffYardDog, I could no longer break the Micechat rules and keep going off topic in the adoption thread, so I've made us legal now.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Re: Interpreting Park Rules (hey, JeffYardDog)

good question, i wanna know too

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Well my family is known for sneaking in all kinds of food I don't agree at all with the prices of the park food but I know how economics work. Good food to bring are something called "Tortas" which are basically subs but smaller and if done correctly, everyone could carry two in a pocket and will fill you up. This time around, I will not be bringing in any outside food but I know it will drive me a little nuts to spend so much on so little.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Minion

I didnt even know there was a food rule. I thought they got rid of it because of some lawsuit. We used to be asked to store our food and eat it in the picnic area or something along those lines, i was like 9, but now we walk in with peanut and honey sandwhiches, soda, sour patch kids, licorish, popcorn, you know.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Oh, whenever I go, I just bring in a 20 gallon cooler with a keg of beer, some assorted chips and dip, a lawn chair, and some towels. Then I sit out on Main Street and wait for the parade to start. Sure I get looks, but most people understand it's MY space and stay out from underneath my umbrella. Ah, I love Disneyland.

Wait a sec, maybe I'm thinking, wait, what am I thinking? lol
    -Bill

•   
    • Senior Minion

I believe you are allowed to bring in food, but not so much as to feed a family for days. I've taken in bottles of water (two), nuts, fruit and sandwiches. One thing I know you are NOT allowed are drinks in glass containers.

If anything you can store a cooler near the lockers around the picnic area. Since I can see how going with a family can cost a small fortune, yet I think that some eateries in the Resort area are pretty reasonable for what they offer - Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, and Tratorria being some good options.

I haven't heard of the food rule being repealed, but maybe it's just not being enforced as strictly. Security had seen food in my purse a couple of times and not said anything. I'm just wondering, though, if you bring food in and know that there's a rule against it, are you being deceitful? Are you hurting anyone?

Or when they ask that no one takes flash pictures. I know we all hate when someone does that because it imposes on others enjoyment of an attraction. But does it constitute a breach of rules that Disney could eagerly and rightfully throw you out of the park? Does anyone consider it a safety issue because the flash might temporarily blind someone? I've done this one by mistake because I thought my flash was off. Should I get in trouble?

If you saw the earlier thread I mentioned in my first post, you'd know that I let my daughter go in the Mulholland Madness single rider line a day or two before her seventh birthday. In my defense, I absolutely do not consider that a safety breach at all and to me, she was seven. How serious is this infraction?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    I haven't heard of the food rule being repealed, but maybe it's just not being enforced as strictly. Security had seen food in my purse a couple of times and not said anything. I'm just wondering, though, if you bring food in and know that there's a rule against it, are you being deceitful? Are you hurting anyone?

Or when they ask that no one takes flash pictures. I know we all hate when someone does that because it imposes on others enjoyment of an attraction. But does it constitute a breach of rules that Disney could eagerly and rightfully throw you out of the park? Does anyone consider it a safety issue because the flash might temporarily blind someone? I've done this one by mistake because I thought my flash was off. Should I get in trouble?

If you saw the earlier thread I mentioned in my first post, you'd know that I let my daughter go in the Mulholland Madness single rider line a day or two before her seventh birthday. In my defense, I absolutely do not consider that a safety breach at all and to me, she was seven. How serious is this infraction?
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions about the safety rules. They are not entitled to knowingly violate them or misrepresent things to CM's that would cause them to be violated. The CM should not permit anyone to ride in violation of a safety rule, they can be terminated for it. If they think that they are being violated but it is denied they will have to use their judgment and be prepared to defend it. If it is a clear violation but the guests doesn't like the interpretation or implementation, the CM must deny boarding/entry. If the guest doesn't like or agree with the situation they are entitled to speak to the lead. They may have to wait for this.

It is not likely to get anyone thrown out of the park unless the guest resorts to particularly abusive or violent behavior in dealing with the CMs. In that case it will be Security's judgment about the actions to be taken, not the attraction lead.

Sometimes the use of flash or video lighting can blind the monitoring cameras used by CM's to observe the attractions. These cameras are not just there for catching inappropriate behavior, they are also there to observe and anticipate safety situations. For example, the carriages are watched in Soarin' while 'in flight'. A single flash is not likely to have much effect but a continuous video light can and repeated flash use might also. In any case. it's considered disruptive to other guest's enjoyment and it should be avoided I've never heard of anyone being thrown out of the parks for it but I suspose particulary egregious and/or repeated incidents might in some case.

I Go On POTC And Jump Off The Boats And Go On The Sets, I've Done It Twice, Its Quite Easy, Just Watch For The Red Lights. I Wear A Sweater And Stuff A Different Shirt In The Pocket And Get On An Other Boat And Quickly Put The Other Shirt. Also I Spent A Night On Top Of The Jungle Cruise Trees, NO JOKE!
    I Am Taking An Acting Class On-Line...It's Easy.

THIS IS IN ALL CAPS!

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Irn-Bru View Post
    Also I Spent A Night On Top Of The Jungle Cruise Trees, NO JOKE!

Sure!! and I live in splash mountain
    Last edited by Disneyfan4lyfe; 06-18-2007 at 03:38 AM.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We usually bring in a bottle or two of water. We have to mix formula for our son, and I'll be darned if I am paying around $4 for a bottle of water at Disneyland - I can pay $4 for a package of 12 waters or more at Target....

We also from time to time bring in a snack or something......but nothing much more. We figure if we are going to Disneyland, part of the fun is eating there...

• Quality not quantity

I'd think this is more of an issue for the AP regulars than once in a blue moon visitors like myself. I'm looking forward to the various food offerings and I'd rather travel light than carry a bunch of food with me.

However if I was visiting the park every week then I would definitely be on the "Bring it in" bandwagon.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

My family and I carry a backpack with several bottles of water, not any food though. We only get to DL every year or so, and honestly couldn't afford to purchase water at the DL prices, for our large family everyday for a week. Each one of us goes through several bottles a day.

• Quality not quantity

I know at WDW you can get a free glass of ice water at any walk-in restaurant. Is the same true at DLR?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Zero Blockout Dates

Despite the tram spiel we ALWAYS take at least a dozen frozen bottles of water with us. Keep them in a locker and just go and pick them off as needed during the day. No CM or security has ever said a word about it to us, not once.

We always eat at least one meal at the resort (and way too much junk food) when we go to the resort, it's part of the fun for us. So is going to our favorite Mexican restaurant for breakfast before we get to the park.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast