Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: What DL rides do you think should be taken out?

All of Disneyland.... they should expand DCA into Disneyland...

Well.... not really.. but I felt I had to post something... personally, I am fine with all of the rides..... except Innovations.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    All of Disneyland.... they should expand DCA into Disneyland...
    how about the opposite? disneyland expanding into DCA

now that i like

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    how about the opposite? disneyland expanding into DCA

now that i like

Me 2!

• Minion

Splash Mountain. Its a horrible ride and they should put in an incredibles ride there, it really would work well with the Critter Country theme.
    Just kidding...I can't belive I even joked about that..
    But in all seriousness, I think HISTA can really be transformed into a great ride, they have the space

• "I Break Things"

They need to come up with something for the old Skyway building in Fantasyland. I know 90% of the battle is the lack of ADA accessibility but they really need to do something with it. It looks like some creepy haunted house.

Also that whole dead zone along BTM trail. PLEEAASSSEE ditch the fake petting zoo (Knott's actually lets you in to pet the animals... either do it right or don't bother).

I also think TT needs an update and some better rides. Ca't really say much more then FIX IT PLEASE.

Tomorrowland needs People Mover back, and Innoventions (longest continuous running trade show on Earth) needs to go. HISTA is a waste to say the least. That would have been perfect for a Monster's Inc ride but DCA needed the numbers. Star Tours just needs an update.

Tarzan's Treehouse needs to be reverted back to Swiss or remove the stupid cartoon figures. The "no one's home because they are running around Disneyland honey" is a lot more believable when your not looking at a stupid plastic monkey.

NOS needs something new, not sure what, but something would be nice because I hate the whole "shopping mall" effect when you walk through there.

Pooh land needs to go. I love Splash but it's either the bunny or the bear and both can be annoying so pick one and tear down the other.

There glad I was able to get all of that out of my system.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    Splash Mountain. Its a horrible ride and they should put in an incredibles ride there, it really would work well with the Critter Country theme.
    Just kidding...I can't belive I even joked about that..
    But in all seriousness, I think HISTA can really be transformed into a great ride, they have the space

LOL dude you had me scared there for a second lol!

• California Golden Bear

FL Theatre, it was fine when they had actual shows there but now with the Princess Fair its just a big waste of space, plus w/ the Hyperion in DCA they can remove this and still have a venue for large Broadway style shows. There's alot of room back there that could be used for one or two good FL attractions
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    They need to come up with something for the old Skyway building in Fantasyland. I know 90% of the battle is the lack of ADA accessibility but they really need to do something with it. It looks like some creepy haunted house.

Also that whole dead zone along BTM trail. PLEEAASSSEE ditch the fake petting zoo (Knott's actually lets you in to pet the animals... either do it right or don't bother).

I also think TT needs an update and some better rides. Ca't really say much more then FIX IT PLEASE.

Tomorrowland needs People Mover back, and Innoventions (longest continuous running trade show on Earth) needs to go. HISTA is a waste to say the least. That would have been perfect for a Monster's Inc ride but DCA needed the numbers. Star Tours just needs an update.

Tarzan's Treehouse needs to be reverted back to Swiss or remove the stupid cartoon figures. The "no one's home because they are running around Disneyland honey" is a lot more believable when your not looking at a stupid plastic monkey.

NOS needs something new, not sure what, but something would be nice because I hate the whole "shopping mall" effect when you walk through there.

Pooh land needs to go. I love Splash but it's either the bunny or the bear and both can be annoying so pick one and tear down the other.

There glad I was able to get all of that out of my system.
    Agree with everything you said! Well done. Except, Monsters shouldn't go in Tomorrowland. They need something completely new, or OLD that was popular, . *Cough* Adventures Through Inner Space *cough*. And they should get rid of the arcade, to add more room for an attraction.

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by xRybo View Post
    Agree with everything you said! Well done. Except, Monsters shouldn't go in Tomorrowland. They need something completely new, or OLD that was popular, . *Cough* Adventures Through Inner Space *cough*. And they should get rid of the arcade, to add more room for an attraction.

I know I mean who needs to pay for an arcade when they have Innoventions fo fwee?

1188 miles from Disneyland. (Seattle, Washington)

Lol, well what I don't get is why pay the admission to go play video games when you can do that at home?

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by xRybo View Post
    Lol, well what I don't get is why pay the admission to go play video games when you can do that at home?

Never thought about it like that........LOL and yet some people actually do spend a lot of there time in the arcade!

• Minion

having an arcade is like putting a carousel and ferris wheel in a disney park! i mean carousels and ferris wheels are everywhere!

omg wait. THEY DID PUT A FERRIS WHEEL AND CAROUSEL IN A DISNEY PARK!!!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    having an arcade is like putting a carousel and ferris wheel in a disney park! i mean carousels and ferris wheels are everywhere!

How ironic!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778 View Post
    The mission space building when I went was about the same size as the innaventions building I could be wrong but I think it may work, then agian the line to get there took up half the building, so maybe disney can work a little magic to get as many people in the line and not have the walkway take up half the building. You could do a doucmentry on how walt planned tomorrow land and then maybe show what is planed for the comming years in tomorrowland.
    Take a look at it on Google. You may be able to expand the area enough. Also, I sort of disagree on the line thing. That part is relatively tiny in comparison to the amount that it takes to house the centrifuges. Sure, they may be able to get away with one, but that would slay the capacity, especially since there are two versions now.

As for the documentary, maybe something about the original concept for EPCOT would be better.

Oh, and

Quote Originally Posted by patattack

Oh yeah, because it's not like Walt didn't put a spinning teacup ride, a carousel, and a relatively basic up and down control ride (Mad Tea Party, King Arthur's Carousel, and Dumbo, respectively) in THE original Disney park to begin with. And the argument that they are "themed" isn't all that great in this case. After all, I would hardly call a carnival ride that has little motorcycles or cars themed just because it doesn't look like the other ones. I mean, sure, throw up the arguments about how Walt wanted something un-carnival and unique, but at the same time, don't just ride DCA because of Paradise Pier. Look around, even at the beloved Disneyland. It IS an offender too.

• Disney Nerd

Innoventions & Pooh......

*that seemed easier than it should have been*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast