• America Sings

7 7.07%
  • Carousel of Progress

4 4.04%
  • Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland

3 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:13 PM.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Just a kid when the Mine Train was running, loved that, no where else around here could you ride a train like that! Great memories!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Re: Which attraction do you miss?

I know this is quite a bump but to the person that asked about the escalators, they were taken out in 1997 when the New Tomorrowland was being built. I think it was in the summer, a few months after the April 1997 closure of Captain EO.

Well, I'm new, so I'll throw in my two cents.

I'm looking around here because I haven't been to the park since December 2000. I used to go regularly- every 12 to 24 months. I was so disgusted with what had happened to the park, I swore to never go back. I have kept up on things, and it sounds like the new management want to put things back on track, so my wife and I are planning to visit for Christmas this year.

Aside from the poor upkeep, non-existant restaurant options, and lousy staffing, the thing that drove me away was "New Tomorrowland". Many may say they miss Adventure Thru Inner Space, but few would argue that Star Tours was an upgrade. But when the highlight of New Tomorrowland was the Autopia upgrade- thats a problem! Rocket Rods had already been shut down when I was there (although they were still running), so I couldn't judge if they were as bad as some said. But if Rocket Rods had been built from scratch, it would have been given a lot more slack. Instead, it replaced not one, but TWO attractions. I hadn't been in/on either one in years, but at least they were an option.

I had been to Magic Kingdom a few years earlier. I was not wowed by Timekeeper, and Alien Encounter was just plain unpleasent. But at least they showed that SOMETHING creative could have been done with Circlevision and Mission To Mars. Instead, we got a line to a broken ride and a semi-decent restaurant. The Subs had either just closed, or were just about to. The Rocket Jets stayed, but-huh?-were made less exciting? The Carousel theatre had been closed for so long, it was hard to complain about Innoventions, but considering my wife and I had made several lengthy, enjoyable visits to Innoventions at EPCOT, we expected much more. (The fact that we had to WAIT to get in, even though there was no line, was the bitter icing on the cake.)

So I guess my point is, the reason people miss the People Mover and the Motorboats is because they got nothing in return for losing them...not because they were so great. The Skyway was more useful than the People Mover, and offered a better view, but it has a lower poll rating because people don't have the constant reminder of an empty track overhead.

• Minion

I voted Rocket Rods...although it was shortlived and really didn't work on a consistent basis, I thought it was somewhat fun.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks
    Well, I'm new, so I'll throw in my two cents...
    So I guess my point is, the reason people miss the People Mover and the Motorboats is because they got nothing in return for losing them...not because they were so great. The Skyway was more useful than the People Mover, and offered a better view, but it has a lower poll rating because people don't have the constant reminder of an empty track overhead.
    Point well taken. These are my thoughts exactly.
    I do miss the subs and the peoplemover greatly (but with the subs on their way back and the PM making headlining rumors of a comeback, im kinda over it and am looking forward to whats next?!), but hte skyway was an attraction that crossed the lines of the different lands transporting guests, in an unique way, through a mountain from a Land of Fantasy to a World of the Future. I loved it.
    My vote was for the Skyway.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• out & about

What was so great and made the peoplemover & skyway attractions so enduring was the fact that you never got the same ride twice. Unlike moviebased rides, 3-D attractions, dark rides, roller coaster, thrill rides is that thescenery was always changing. you never saw the same thing twice. while on the ride you could catch a glimpse of a parade, a marching band, fireworks, summer, fall, winter, spring, sun, clouds, rain... nature is never the same and neither were these ride experiences.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234