• Carousel of Progress

4 4.04%
  • Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland

3 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Which attraction do you miss?

What attraction do you miss at Disneyland?

WEDway People Mover
    Skyway
    Submarine Voyage
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Captian EO
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Motor Boat Cruise
    Rocket Rods
    Mission to Mars
    Other
    Adventure Thru Inner Space
    Last edited by Retlaw Yensid; 02-07-2005 at 04:19 PM.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Can I just say I miss the magic... oh and Tomorrowland.

• /sigh

Captain EO was great! Much better than HISTA ever was. I remember when I was quite young, that they were giving out Captain EO watches. It was the best...even though they were cheapy plastic watches. I loved that watch!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• e komo mai

Of all of them, I'd have to say the People Mover. The track is just sitting there with nothing on it. It's the most predominant feature at TL that's not being used. The Submarine Voyage lake passes for a lake without subs, the track above your head serves no purpose at all without cars.

Edited to add:
    However, I do miss them all.

• With my wife....

And why did they take the Motorboat Cruise out? I LOVED that ride! The channels are still there, would it really be all that difficult to bring them back?

Oh wait, they'd have to relocate the turkey-leg cart. That would be unthinkable.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Minion

i miss them all!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    And why did they take the Motorboat Cruise out? I LOVED that ride! The channels are still there, would it really be all that difficult to bring them back?
    That's a good question. It would be a great ride for the kiddies. The last time I rode it, it was Gummi Glen for the Disney Afternoon celebration...

The Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland.

I miss this ride more than anything. Mostly, I suppose, because I never got to ride through it; I only found out about it well after it had been removed. Frontierland is so much at a loss without the desert, the mule pack, the caverns and the wilderness area.

And with the strong franchise that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has in the various Disney parks, they'd never rip it out to put the Mine Train back in.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

What gets to me the most are the attrations I missed out on before they closed them; like the Motor Boats and Country Bear Jamboree. Out of all of them, I miss the PeopleMover and Skyway the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    That's a good question. It would be a great ride for the kiddies. The last time I rode it, it was Gummi Glen for the Disney Afternoon celebration...
    I totally remember the Disney Afternoon event... that feels so long ago :-P As for the Motor Boats closing, I always figured it had something to do with Toontown, because both happened around the same time. At least that's what I remember.

• Senior Minion

The Country Bears. Why, oh why, did they rip that out? (Probably because they couldn't sell enough related merchandise, and the movie deservedly bombed). The Pooh ride is exactly that--Poo. If you're going to walk that far into the park, there should be more than the massive queue for Splash Mountain, that lame ride, and a candy/souveneir store.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Agreed!!! Peoplemover first, Motorboat second!! I loved the Motorboat Cruise when I was a kid, I KNOW my youngest would sooooooo love that.1!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I love the PeopleMover as much as the next Guest, but am I the only one forgeting Monsanto's Adventure Thru Innerspace? Great attraction.
    As for PeopleMover, Capt. EO, and Country Bears (and quite possably CircleVision).... I think it's more disapointing looking at the replacement attractions. Or the great attractions that got replaced for something "off-the-wall" (ie. Mission to Mars for the Pizza Port, America Sings/Carousel of Progress for Innoventions, The Misadventure of Winnie the Pooh, Tarzan Treehouse, etc.) or the attractions that got replaced with nothing (PeopleMover/RocketRods, Submarine Lagoon, Motorboat Cruise). I just guess you grow-up with these rides and attractions.
    I forgot the point I was making but I can't wait untill they "re-theme" the Treehouse back to the Swiss Family Robinson when they re-release the movie on Disney Double Disc DVD. (or re-theme it to another suitable advertising ploy, my favorite is the Mary Poppins' Teahouse Treehouse featuring Crazy Uncle Albert.)

• Lord of the Ribs

I miss the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

And the Flying Saucers. Drain the Submarine pond and bring back the Saucers.

Yeah, I'm old.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    The Pooh ride is exactly that--Poo.
    A little off-topic, but....

I rode Pooh this weekend and it broke down about 10 feet from the exit. We all had to be evac'ed and walked out of the ride (which, IMHO made it much more interesting than if we had an uninterrupted ride!).

We had a great time later that evening recounting the tale of when we all got "stuck in Poo ". Oh man, what a great time we had!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast