Hotels around Disneyland wide open for the 17th

I was thinking about getting a hotel for 16th and 17th. I searched several web sites and they all show tons of options for those dates. This leades me to think that that weekend will not be as crowded as people are projecting (at least on the threads I have read). I was able to find quite a few options within 1 to 2 blocks of the resort for between $75 and $85 a night. You would think that hotels would be just a little hard to find if tens of thousands of people were going to converge on the park. Can that many out of towners be waiting for the last minute to book their trip? (Keep in mind that there are no mass media events out there that are saying "come for the official anniversary on the 17th" or "regis and kelly will be there on the 17th" or "we will be broadcasting from Disneyand on the 17th" or "win tickets for the 17th") Don't get me wrong, I am sure it will be hell-a-crowded, I just don think you will need a sleeping bag to be safe

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    From what I have seen the night of the 16th is pretty much sold out.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneydan
    I was thinking about getting a hotel for 16th and 17th. I searched several web sites and they all show tons of options for those dates. This leades me to think that that weekend will not be as crowded as people are projecting (at least on the threads I have read). I was able to find quite a few options within 1 to 2 blocks of the resort for between $75 and $85 a night. You would think that hotels would be just a little hard to find if tens of thousands of people were going to converge on the park. Can that many out of towners be waiting for the last minute to book their trip? (Keep in mind that there are no mass media events out there that are saying "come for the official anniversary on the 17th" or "regis and kelly will be there on the 17th" or "we will be broadcasting from Disneyand on the 17th" or "win tickets for the 17th") Don't get me wrong, I am sure it will be hell-a-crowded, I just don think you will need a sleeping bag to be safe
    Looking at Hotels.com and Expedia, there still are quite a few rooms left it seems. Maybe it won't hit capacity... And maybe Roy will do the 430 presentation...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Rainicorn.

I'm driving back from the San Diego Comic Convention that day, and a hotel would sound super nice. Hmmmmm!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I'm driving back from the San Diego Comic Convention that day, and a hotel would sound super nice. Hmmmmm!
    The Alamo is showing $75 a night, but the hotels directly across from the park (Park Place, Park Vue) are showing rates of $400 a night, and the Anaheim Inn is $700 a night. Good luck!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The Duck Rules

Crunching the numbers for the hotels

If you take the Disney owned hotels and add the Good Neighbor Hotels that Disney Travel books you get the following numbers. Guest number is 3 per room, some will have more some less.

Disney owned hotels 2135 rooms = 6405 guests

Good Neighbor suite hotel 3253 rooms = 9759 guests

Good Neighbor superior hotel 3624 rooms = 10872 guests

Good Neighbor moderate hotels 4932 rooms = 14796 guests

Good Neighbor economy hotels 628 rooms = 1884 guests

This gives a total of 43,716 guests coming just from the Disney/Good Neighbor hotels.

You still have to factor in all the hotels around DL/DCA which (guessing) I would say is another 5000 rooms.

Of course half the rooms are booked by tourists that will be clueless as to the 17th, the other half by Disney fans (which most seem to be ap holders ) Not all the tourists will be going to DL/DCA that day as they will have plans for something else.

No matter what there are going to be some very disappointed people.

judimouse
    http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• Minion

Out of curiosity I checked out Travelhero.com (I use them a lot). Every hotel I checked (I looked at quite a few on Harbor) was unavailable for the night of the 16th.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    Out of curiosity I checked out Travelhero.com (I use them a lot). Every hotel I checked (I looked at quite a few on Harbor) was unavailable for the night of the 16th.
    I contacted Park Vue Inn and Park Place Inn (across the street from the entrance) and they have availability, if you are willing to pay their price. So does Castle Inn and Suites and Anaheim Inn. The Coast still has a couple rooms open, and so does Stovalls on Katella. Del Sol, across the street is also open. So, quite a few on Harbor do have rooms (and they are really close.) Parkside also has a fair amount of rooms open.

• Know More Than You Should

I'm driving down on the 16th, staying at the Hilton, and going into the parks the next day.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    First off, many of the local rooms are being rented out by those folks planning to go to the Harvest Crusade at Angel Stadium of Anaheim that is being held the same weekend (the 15th thru the 17th). Expected attendance is about 40,000.

I just ran a search for July 15th thru the 18th on Travelaxe.com, a great program that searches multiple hotel resellers, including Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity and finds the lowest price available....

The Penny Sleeper is the lowest, at $59 a night, not bad for a basic hotel within walking distance.

Parkside Inn is at $67 a night, also a clean but basic hotel, also within walking distance.

The Red Roof Inn on Disney Way is $75 a night.

Days Inn on Ball is $80 a night.

The Radisson is $85 a night.

The Clarion next to the Convention Center is $91 a night.

Anaheim at the Park is $96 a night.

The Anaheim Hilton is $100 a night.

And plenty more, if you still want to come, make plans and join the rest of us....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Freak

^Is the Anaheim Hilton spacious? I hear the Paris Hilton is
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Ouch, that was dirty. I love the Hilton. Big rooms, nice lobby. Only thing that sucked was the walk down that oh so very long hallway at the end of the day.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Ouch, that was dirty. I love the Hilton. Big rooms, nice lobby. Only thing that sucked was the walk down that oh so very long hallway at the end of the day.
    Rooms are ok, Sheraton rooms are larger. Double rooms there suck, as they are 2 doubles instead of Queens like most of the places in Anaheim. I stopped loving the Hilton a year ago when they had a big management shake up and it became a lot less guest friendly.