Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Bound

So What's The Deal With DCA?

In the two weeks I've been lurking and posting, I've read a lot of negative comments about DCA as well as read the jokes poking fun of it. However, I've not read anything specific explaining the negativity or the jokes, and there seems to be a lot of "inside" jokes. Doesn't DCA have a couple of the most popular attractions? I'd love to know specifically what people love or hate about DCA and why.

Thanks!

• That Guy

Re: So What's The Deal With DCA?

Buckle up, and hold on tight.

• That Guy

Here is a sneak preview of what you'll hear.

"Walt wouldn't have wanted it because yada yada yada." (not sure if people can communicate with the dead, but some here seem to know)

'It's not as good as DLR, blah blah blahbidity blah."

IMHO, I like DCA, but I also don't go there with the back history that so many are privy to. I just go there, enjoy myself, and that's it. My GF even likes it a bit better since there is more room to move around, and it feels less claustrophobic (insert overused joke here)

I think if it were somewhere else, it would be better received. I think it would be hard for any park to be near DLR, which is so rich in history, etc.

Anyway, to each her own, whatever makes your boat float, right?

• Blind to His Own Faults

For myself, I love to hate it. I really do enjoy DCA, but it is a disappointment. There is an on-going debate whether the California theme of DCA was poorly-concieved, or merely poorly-executed (some say BOTH), but the end result is the same: a sparsely-attended, thematic free-for-all, that does have a few gems, but mostly just forgettable fluff.

• Fighter Pilot

I'm the only one along with the fiance that likes and loves CA

• It's all nonsense

What's the deal with corn nuts? Is it a corn, or is it a nut?

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    What's the deal with corn nuts? Is it a corn, or is it a nut?

• One weird cookie...

It has the feel of the Disneyworld parks... 2 or 3 E-Tickets and not many other rides or shows... The rides that are there are all "Carnival" rides, on which people can ride at their local mall... Just themed like Bug's Life or like in Paradise Pier...

There is ALOT of shopping and dinning in DCA... Now since the park opened they have closed down tons of dinning places and increased the rides... I bit...

My BIGGEST beef is that DCA rides don't seem to have any stories. In Disneyland, the rollercoasters and a few others don't have any story, but all others do!!!! DCA... Only really has two stories maybe three or four if you stretch it...

DCA is a good park... And if we filled in alot of the spaces with attractions or rides, it would be a great park!!!But on my yearly trip down there... I find myself going for only two or three of the major rides and then spending the rest of my five day pass in Disneyland...

• See you there!

Some people dislike DCA because it is not Disneyland, oh well. Some folks just don't like anything new. Turn the way back clock, I once kenw a person who wrote an article and develpp[ed a spreadsheet on "Why DCA Will Fail". Well, I guess he was wrong, DCA is still there.

I know some folks who like DCA better (I know blasphemy) than Disneyland. My brother grew up with Disneyland, and he is now, my age (well, he's older, and that's really old). He went to DLR recently and took his grandson and he told me he likes DCA better than Disneyland.

I like DCA for its' uniqueness. It has its' own feel, and its' own atractions that are different from Disneyland. I also like DCA for its' open spaces, many times DCA is a much easier park to move around in.

Go to DCA, make up your own mind. I like Disneyalnd for the history of it (I've been going to DL since 1955, opening year) and DCA since its' opening year and I like both for differnt reasons.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Alright, I am going to be honest, I really like Holleywood Backlot and everything in it, I also some what enjoy Bugs Land, as for the rest of the park, well the rest of the park(except Soarin) really isn't a Disney made park its just a Six Flags! Think about it!

• Pressed Penny Collector

I think a lot of people dislike it simply because it is not Disneyland. There are some fun attractions and all, but as a whole, DCA pales in comparison to the "real thing." And just maybe they wish that DL itself had just expanded, rather than having the new, secondary park.

Personally, I like a few things at DCA, like Soarin' over California, the Monsters, Inc. ride, and I've enjoyed the Aladdin show and of course the relocated Electrical Parade.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by PennyRescuer View Post
    I think a lot of people dislike it simply because it is not Disneyland. There are some fun attractions and all, but as a whole, DCA pales in comparison to the "real thing." And just maybe they wish that DL itself had just expanded, rather than having the new, secondary park.

Personally, I like a few things at DCA, like Soarin' over California, the Monsters, Inc. ride, and I've enjoyed the Aladdin show and of course the relocated Electrical Parade.

Thats exactly what its like, ya come out of Disneyland all happy thinking its the best place you have ever been to and then when you go to DCA you think its going to be just as magical as Disneyland, then you relize 75% of the park is just like a Knotts Berry Farm or Six Flags!

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

Disneyland = immersive, fanciful, dynamic, with attractions for all ages and a good mix of dining/retail venues, escape from reality for a day.

DCA = movie set like (facades), carny'like, too many dining and shopping locations, too few attractions, no fantasy, lacks kinetics...I relate it to the family relative that shows up to family functions intoxicated out of their gored that constantly embarrasses the family.

Basically I feel there are not enough offerings to hold a persons theme park appetite for a day to warrant the same day admission price. I think I'd have more fun at Bullwinkles and the Family Fun Center or whatever they are called now for a day.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

I always have a great time... I think people dwell too much on their negativity here and it's contagious. But if someone goes with a half-decent mindset they'll probably have a great time.

Does it need higher-quality theming? Yes. Does it need more original rides? Yes. Does it need an amazing lagoon show? Yes (2009 right?). But do I have fun there? Always.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Alright, I am going to be honest, I really like Holleywood Backlot and everything in it, I also some what enjoy Bugs Land, as for the rest of the park, well the rest of the park(except Soarin) really isn't a Disney made park its just a Six Flags! Think about it!
    I can't even see how Six Flags and DCA are like each other. I enjoy both parks respectively but SFMM has a completely different feeling than DCA. DCA just doesn't have a lot of rides and too many shops and restaurants, not to mention they only have two rollercoasters where SFMM has tons. I honestly don't see how you can compare the two...

As for me, I have no beef about DCA, it's pretty fun. I don't go enough times myself but I enjoy the rides: Soarin', ToT, Monster's Inc., Screamin, Sun Wheel, etc. etc. etc.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast