View Poll Results: Which one would you like to see back?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

38 62.30%
  • America Sings

23 37.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Which musical attraction should return?

Then what do they do with HISTA? There are some fans of that attraction as well, though I'm not one of them. It's only funny the first 5 times. (lol, sign breaks and says nerd) Ok, maybe 6 times.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's funny that Golden Dreams' initials are GD. When I hear GD it, I think of something totally different.

Chad

• Minion

Ok I'm totally having a huge sense of deja vu here. lol

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I voted for America Sings. It was really fun how the theatre would turn and the lighting effects were incredible during the transitions. And the music was just as good as CBJ if not better.

And I think that it closed in 1986. I remember when I was in band in high school we performed right in front of Mission to Mars (imagine the uproar on micechat today if they heard a concert band playing classical tunes in that area). And I remember having to enter in the area inbetween MTM and AS and seeing that it was shut down, and they had one of the doors open to AS and they were dismantling it. Sorry, no pictures -- we were locals and I would have been made fun of big time if I brough a camera.

A similar show would be a good idea in DCA. I think the GD theatre would be too small. But maybe a show called California Sings? It could start off with some Indian songs, and then the next scene could be classical (there was actually a composer based out of one of the Missions who wrote masses and church music during the late 1700's whose music was very similar to Mozart and other composers of that day). The next scene would be the Gold Rush -- Clementine would be prominently featured. Followed by a Hollywood scene with showtunes and big Hollywood songs. And lastly there would be a rock and roll scene, complete with groups like the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and maybe even Gwen Stefani (though this is Disney -- maybe no Gwen Stefani).

Sorry for being long winded -- just some ideas.

•   
    • Super Hero

Carousel of Progress, with an updated 'future' segment annnnnnd the little model of the city of the future that was upstairs.

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Minion

Nah, they should never tamper with a classic. They should bring it back exactly as it was, but of course with new audio animatronics, but the same sequences, songs, and storylines.

Talking about America Sings, that is.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd think it'd be hard not to vote for America Signs if you saw it. AS was taken out and they used the AAs for Splash Mountain, an instant classic. That building sat vacant for years, so again Innoventions is better than an empty building.

On the other hand, CBJ was taken out specifically for Pooh. So the Bears were evicted for another bear. I tend to think CBJ is leading more because of the circumstances and the Pooh backlash rather than rating it on which ride they like better.

I could be wrong though, which would bring my lifetime tally of incorrectness to 140,437.

Chad

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd think it'd be hard not to vote for America Signs if you saw it. AS was taken out and they used the AAs for Splash Mountain, an instant classic. That building sat vacant for years, so again Innoventions is better than an empty building.

On the other hand, CBJ was taken out specifically for Pooh. So the Bears were evicted for another bear. I tend to think CBJ is leading more because of the circumstances and the Pooh backlash rather than rating it on which ride they like better.

I could be wrong though, which would bring my lifetime tally of incorrectness to 140,437.

Chad

They actually removed the bears because they were no longer attracting enough guests to it, getting such small numbers, and that the only reason guests were even going to the area was because of Splash Mountain. But they wanted something in the area to bring families with small children or those that didn't want to ride Splash Mountain. Hence why they first brought photo ops with Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore in front of CBJ. But even that still didn't work so they needed a family, dark ride type of attraction to lure those with small children to the area. And with a small budget, they had to use the existing structure that housed the CBJ theater and fit the Pooh dark ride within it.

Though the show was a favorite, it just failed to lure the amounts that Disney wanted for that area of the park.

America Sings was my favorite!!

I now love Splash just to visit my old friends there, I always say hello to Sam Eagle on Splash...
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• The one, the only...

CBJ should return, but the original show, not that mismash of different musical styles. It was much more fun as a country music show with bears.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Never been on either! But I hear this bear thing is cool!
    Last edited by SILVERMOUSE21; 06-19-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: cuz

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Why did they decide to get rid of the Carousel of Progress in the first place in the early 70's?

If I had my druthers I'd bring that back in a new form, since that makes more sense for Tomorrowland.

I much prefer America Sings to CBj so that's how I voted, and I'm wondering if down the road that might not be a help to DCA...as costly as building another of those revolving theaters might be...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Progressive Disneylander

I think there should have been a 'neither' button in this poll. There's a reason why these shows are no longer in the park. They were only good if you wanted to escape the heat and you came armed with a pillow.

Carousel of Progress would be my vote since it was kinda musical and it's no longer around.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Sacrilege! How dare you say such things???

*ahem* What I mean to say is...

SACRILEGE!

America Sings Rulez! With a Z!
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I would have liked to have seen Carousel of Progress, though. I enjoy the soundtrack and I think it would be cool to have my own "transporter"...
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast