View Poll Results: Which one would you like to see back?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

38 62.30%
  • America Sings

23 37.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Which musical attraction should return?

As a child, I had strong memories of both CBJ and America Sings. My parents would take me to DL every year and we'd always see those shows.

I voted for America Sings because I did not realize how much I missed the show until I saw the animatronics in Splash Mountain! It was like seeing old friends

• Minion

Check out the next thread coming up........

• Banned User

Either of the above or Carousel of Progress would do. Any of them to replace HISTA!

• Minion

Check out this spinoff of this thread......

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68333

Sorry AC, I had to.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Bring back the Bears.
    I don't even care if they have to move to DCA.
    Just bring 'em back.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Country Bears. We have the poorly maintained Country Bears at WDW, but I believe if DL were to bring them back, they would do it right, and update the show to give it the respect it deserves and not allow it to languish and become sorely outdated and even get rid of the popular Christmas show.

Apparently I'm bitter

I was really disappointed, as my first trip to DL was in 2002, during which they were rebuilding Pooh. I really wanted to the Country Bears' show there.

I would also love to see America Sings, though. Kinda like to see CoP in that list...for the same reasons I voted for CB!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Quality Assured

Country Bear Jamboree...in Disney's California Adventure, with an all-star vocal cast of contemporary country singers and pranksters...like Larry the Cable Guy as a new age Big Al...and all new TOP OF THE LINE NON-CLICKING AA'S UNLIKE THE 35 YEAR OLD AA'S AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I am technically old enough to have gone on AS, but I don't remember it. If it closed in '88, then I was 3 at the time. However, I do have memories of the original Country Bear Jamboree. Strange... But, I voted for CBJ/VH because the last time I saw that wonderful show was in 1992/93. I have the 50th 6 cd set, and totally love the AS soundtrack, but since I don't remember ever seeing it, I'm going with the bears.

• Zero Blockout Dates

I can't believe people who never even saw either show are commenting on which one was better. So here's some links to videos of the shows. If you never saw either one or both, take a few minutes to see them before you decide.

Thanks

Country Bear Jamboree part 1

Country Bear Jamboree part 2

America Sings part 1

America Sings part 2
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Quality Assured

You can't beat "The one, the only, the original Country Bear Jamboree!"

• I'm a guy

Well, as good as America Sings was, I want to say Country Bear Jamboree, it fit the theme of the land it was in better

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Did anyone get to see all 3 versions of the CBJ? Here's my order from favorite to least:

1 Country Bear Vacation Hoedown
    2 The original
    3 Country Bear Christmas Vacation

Anyone else?

Chad

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I can't believe people who never even saw either show are commenting on which one was better. So here's some links to videos of the shows. If you never saw either one or both, take a few minutes to see them before you decide.
    Well, I watched the AS videos, and must say that I do like it. However, whether or not it was a better show than CBJ, I cannot decide. This whole poll is going off of personal/emotional feelings, more than anything else, I think. But, I do think that both shows should come back.

I've been thinking (for quite a while now, not just the past few minutes), why not put the CBs in Frontierland, sorta like at the other two parks? Replace BTR with the show building, and have the entrance go in through one of the old MTTNW train tunnels by BTMRR, proceeding through the pack mule 'hill' back to the theaters. And, as much as I would like the original show to be brought back, don't get me wrong, but instead, have a new show centered more around the songs of the old west? Of course, utilizing the most advanced AA technology available (and maybe even some not yet present- have the bears all singing and playing their instruments, for real).

On the same note (haha... note... musical shows... heh heh... ), kick out poo(h) in favor of a new AS, a la omnimover. Different from the original? Yes. Better? Possibly. I think so, anyways. At the very least, it would fit in, in Critter Country better than it ever could in Tomorrowland. Utilizing the same/similar technologies as the new CB show.

And before you say that robots cannot play musical instruments (I just found this. I didn't think that the tech. had come this far, which gives me further hope yet ), check this out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1etIeZFm14

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Thank for posting those videos! I don't know why they took out those AA's. I know that the AS AA's are in Splash Mountain and Star Tours but they fit perfectly in the oringinal show. In fact I like seeing them on Splash but even to this day I still feel like they seem just a bit out of place.

And these AA's really are quite advanced with a lot of movement and personality. The sound is not working on this computer but it is amazing because I was able to remember how the songs sounded in my head and match it to the movements of the AA and it worked.

I know that the AS AA's are in Spalsh and ST now. What ever happened to the CBJ AA's?

• is NOT Lea Salonga

I'm way too young to remember America Sings. I know mom talked about it a lot. I remember going there once on my first time.

I liked Country Bears. I miss it. Ah well, at least the meese are still present in Winnie the Pooh (aka WALSTIB for me!).

Escapade
    Disneyland Resort trip reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast