Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Is it the 17th yet???

Not because I'm looking forward to going to Disneyland, or even going to Disneyland. Because I'm looking forward to the day when the boards aren't clogged with 5 million 17th related threads.

Is it going to be packed? Are there hotels? Where should we meet? What time should I get there? How many rides will we ride? Maybe it won't be that bad? Will they reach capacity? What time will they close the gates? Will I be able to place my kid on my shoulders and only count as 1 person? Will they have sugar free cupcakes? Will Roy be there? What will the announcements be? Why did they make a big deal about May 5th and not the 17th? What hotel are you staying at? What time are you getting there? Where can we rest?

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Woo! Saucer of cream, table for one.....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Official MC Thread Killer

Well I totally agree with sir clinksalot If everyone just minded their own business and acted as if it were a normal day at Disneyland, it will be less stressful for EVERYONE; even those who will be at the park that day.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

You see, the 50th anniversary celebrations are going on, right now. I believe that in Disneyís eyes, there is no reason to do anything else. I agree with that. Itís not like they are ignoring the 50th. Ok so DLís ACTUAL 50th is July 17th. So give away a pin, have a speech, and call it a day.

I think with all of this hoopla, people are just setting themselves up for disappointment. I said the same thing back before the actual plans for the 50th were announced. And they were finally announced, gee I was right! (Not on these boards)

In any case I look forward to reading the boards on the 18th. When everybody is complaining about how they did nothing. I can't wait to read how people camped out for a cupcake!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    The Nice thing about the 17th is there will be an 18th, and we will then know how it played out.

In the mean time i dont mind reading about all the Build up. It's kind of fun and the only way those of us who aren't there can sort of be a part of the exitement.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Don't worry guy's. Soon enough we can go back to reading about "what's your favorite ride", "what would you do to fix DCA", "are Ap's really THAT bad", "Spanish speaking princesses" and all the other BORING threads that have been rehashed over and over and over again.
    Tha anniversary IS a big deal to alot of people, too bad you can't appreciate that.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Tha anniversary IS a big deal to alot of people, too bad you can't appreciate that.
    Woah. I greatly appreciate the 50th anniversary.. I'm going to be there that day and it means more than anything to me. It's just that some threads are very repetitive and they can become irritating.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Woah. I greatly appreciate the 50th anniversary.. I'm going to be there that day and it means more than anything to me. It's just that some threads are very repetitive and they can become irritating.
    I have to support what you wrote. You have been very excited and up on the latest scoops about news for the 50th celebration.
    I guess I just skip the negative threads when I figure out what direction they are going. There be storms ahead!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    I guess I just skip the negative threads when I figure out what direction they are going.
    Good advice! I shouldn't have responded. :o
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    I just want it to be the 17th so I'll be there!!! Freakin' Disneyland. I love it.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Is it going to be packed? Are there hotels? Where should we meet? What time should I get there? How many rides will we ride? Maybe it won't be that bad? Will they reach capacity? What time will they close the gates? Will I be able to place my kid on my shoulders and only count as 1 person? Will they have sugar free cupcakes? Will Roy be there? What will the announcements be? Why did they make a big deal about May 5th and not the 17th? What hotel are you staying at? What time are you getting there? Where can we rest?

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!
    You forgot the thread about children and leashes!!
    How could you forget that one?? Especially since it is going to be so crowded.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    I just want it to be the 17th so I'll be there!!! Freakin' Disneyland. I love it.
    you sound like me.

And what's with the bitterness of this thread? Just be happy Disneyland has been around 50 years. If you are sick of those threads, take a break and come back. Oh wait, we will probably talk about it after the fact and for years to come. <sigh> Sorry but long live the 50th birthday of Disneyland!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to celebrate the opening to the public of Disneyland on July 18th...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• keep moving forward...

i know im not worrying about it (only because i will be going to boy scout camp that day) ... i can assure you that i will be packing my mouse ears and thinking about you guys thogh

• Circle of Ancients

Why do people assume I'm bitter?

I could be there if I wanted to. But I don't. My daughter had her choice to go to DL for her B-day that day, she chose Raging Waters instead. And that's fine with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast