Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Behind the scenes of Disneyland

I'm currently looking for any behind the scenes/making of/how stuff works on the attractions at Disneyland. This could include videos, books, documentaries, anything. I know there's stuff from the travel channel and such, but what else do you know of?

Re: Behind the scenes of Disneyland

check out the haunted pirates thread.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    check out the haunted pirates thread.
    Seen it but thank you.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Check out the behind the scenes at Pirates, Indy, and Tower Of Terror. I forgot the site.

• =)

Aerial photos area are a good place to start. Terraserver-usa.com used to be my number-one resource for those--and I still use it occasionally--but then I came across local.live.com, which has a better aerial shot of Disneyland. It also features the incredible "bird's eye" feature, which allows you to see shots taken at an angle so they show the sides of buildings and such from all four angles. These help a lot with the outdoor areas behind the scenes.

Indoor areas are far more difficult to find information on. Blueprints are enormously helpful; keep an eye on eBay. If asked nicely, Micechatters who are or were CMs can be very helpful in understanding the backstage areas. Do lots of Googling with lots of different search terms, and also check out YouTube and the like.

Also...well, I wouldn't act like a shameless self-promoter if it weren't directly relevant...but you can check out the links in my sig. I'm working on a detailed 3D model of Disneyland's southwest corner, including a number of backstage areas, both indoors and outdoors.

Remember, if you have specific questions, you can always ask here...though it's a very good idea to use the search function first to make certain they haven't been answered yet.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

THE SIGN SAYS KEEP OUT! There shall be no...whachamacallit? Behind them scenes here!

ahem...now that thats said and done...SOMEONE POST SOME LINKS PLEASE!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• :)

I remember a few years back there we're some movies for the History or Discovery channel [dont remember which one] that we're made of Behind the Scenes or the Making of Disneyland which had a lot of backstage stuff...try checking amazon for them.

• =)

I've only seen specials on Walt Disney World. The lack of a Utilidor system seems to make Disneyland's backstage areas uninteresting in the public's/media's view of things.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Special points go to anyone who can figure out what this shot shows. I'm stumped.

One guess: because of the curving, this MIGHT be the pipes and air jets for the sub attraction--to simulate diving. It's clearly in a temporary location, as it's up on horses.

If not, it MIGHT be a construction shot of a kiddie fountain. It appears to be copper pipe curved, with valves angled to shoot water (or air or gas) upward every three (or so) feet. It looks like there's some wiring to control the timing of these valves. And it looks to be under construction as it's up on horses. Put this all under some thick blue, green or pink neoprene matting, and you have a Disneyland kiddie fountain or splash fountain. But I'd say it looks too big for that and is probably for the sub attraction.

Beyond that, the copper piping suggests that it's a water or gas effect of some kind. Looks too big to belong to Fantasmic. Can't think of anything in Pirates or Splash that would require such piping, but could be wrong. Might possibly belong to the Jungle Cruise for the newly added final sequence, where the water "boils" before the "attack." But I don't think the river is curved there. Could be wrong. It's with a bunch of DL photos, so it doesn't seem to belong to DCA.

• Comin' at ya!

youtube is good for that stuff. Just start searching,
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Closed Account

I did a whole series on the "behind the scenes" operations of the DLRR Roundhouse:

http://www.miceage.com/stevedegaetano/sd050107a.htm

• I'm not really here

If I had to guess about that shot I would say it has to do with Fantasmic. The LNG nozzles and valves for igniting the ROA during the scene with Bucky and Mickey.

I'm not sure about the raised 2x8's in the middle of the curve though. They are laid out like a deck is being constructed, almost like these nozzles would be surrounding another structure. If this are indeed the LNG nozzles for Fantasmic!, then the central structure could represent the fountain/pyro platforms that are raised to the surface before the show from their storage below water.

I don't think it has to do with the subs. A system to generate fine little bubbles would be a tube that was perforated with many little holes rather than several large nozzles.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 06-21-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Interesting conjecture, all of it...I can't wait till someone can finally give us a definite answer for what it is exactly.

• Neep meep beep

dldhistory.com is also a great site with some old and new "behind the scenes" photos and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast