Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I just realized my earlier reply wasn't thought out very well. Fastpass is fair because people are still waiting to ride an attraction, just not in line. However standby lines on Fastpass attractions have become ridiculously longer waits because of the merging of the two lines. I agree Fastpass was instituted rather poorly.

• Rock Star Minion

I'm not a big fan of FastPass. One big reason: the walkways are crowded because of FastPass, instead of the queuing areas, which is what the queuing areas are for in the first place. Yes, people are "waiting in line," but mixed in with the walkway traffic.

I would like to see it, in order from highest of extremeness:
    1. Abolished;
    2. Allowed for ticket-paying guests only -- not for AP holders;
    3. Same as #2, but with a daily $10 buy-in for AP holders;
    4. Completely turned off until the 30,000th guest passes through the turnstiles.

balance is really the key, they need to take Fastpass off all the attractions that don't need it, fix up the que problems as best as possiblem, get it away from attractions that have a good preshow already set up and then also make sure you only have one fastpassed ride per land (our maybe one out of every three if the land is redicuously huge)

• That's Hawt

I hate to admit it but I love using fastpass. It allows me to get a spot for one ride while I can go and enjoy others. I think it is more useful in DCA than in DL because there is a lot you can see and do if you feel like taking the time. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting in line on certain rides but for rides like Splash Mtn. I refuse to wait in a two hour ride that doesn't even get you that wet! (Single Rider Line For Me!) JMHO

• The Uber Film Geek

I think that has to do more with the que's not really being designed to handle FP's
    I don't think so. For instance, on Thunder Mountain RR I constantly see a sizable gap between the "let through" people and the point where FP and SB merge. There's no one in the FP line, there's space for SB people to be let past the merge point, yet the SB line doesn't move. Why? Why can't the CM keep allowing SB people in if there's room instead of waiting for a mythical FP holder to return?
    balance is really the key, they need to take Fastpass off all the attractions that don't need it, fix up the que problems as best as possiblem, get it away from attractions that have a good preshow already set up and then also make sure you only have one fastpassed ride per land (our maybe one out of every three if the land is redicuously huge)
    Yep, exactly. It's all about balance.

There are a number of ways they can tweak the system to help it work better and provide better balance. Eliminating FP from Star Tours is a great step, though it was an obvious one since Buzz and SM are gonna open soon. They could scale back the number of FP given out every day, which means less people waiting around to use their FP. They could, like I said, manage the line merge better. It's always better to adjust a system to see how it responds than to totally ditch it.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• I was deleted.

Fp

I enjoy the FP on attractions that need them such as Splash Mountain. My first visit with FP was in a couple of years ago during the off-season. I was going on Space Mountain and didn't understand the point of the FP because I still continued to jump the line that wasn't in existence at that time. Although, the maze was somewhat fun to be on the top part of the attraction, sometime the queue lines just aren't worth it.

In talking with some management CMís at DL, they told me that some attractions that were created before FP (such as Indy) the queue lines donít support the system. Since money was spent on creating such elaborate queue lines for each attraction, each guest who goes on the attraction (with the exception of those using the special needs entrance) must view it. Sometimes the long lines of Indy just to get to the non-existent line just isnít worth it. They donít have the option of moving a barrier like they do in Fantasyland.

• With my wife....

I always enjoy a line with a good queue... an "act 1" if you will. I'm continually impressed with Indy for the amazing themeing in the queue. I love pulling on the bamboo "pole" that drops the roof in the spike room (that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be working lately). Problem is, not a whole lot of rides at DL have extraordinary queues. Besides Indy, the Star Tours queue is entertaining, and the old Rocket Rods queue gave people something to look at, but otherwise the attraction lines are just that... long, boring lines.

I say keep fastpasses for rides with boring queues, ditch them for rides with amazing queues, and start building more rides with good queues so you don't need to consider fastpasses for them!

Consequently, does anyone know if the queue for Space Mt "relaunched" is going to change at all? Here's hoping for better theming than Screech from Saved by the Bell, brought to you by FedEx!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• /sigh

I'm going to play devil's advoquet here. What about the families that come once in 10 or 15 years who can only spend that one day at DL. Would it not be good to have the fp to be able to enjoy more attractions for the day than to spend most of the day standing in long lines for what...3 or 4 rides? They're forking over a lot of money to experience the park. Why not get the most out of it?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I personally enjoy using FastPass.

I think on extremely popular rides that have lower capacity it's a great idea to have FP (i.e: Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, etc) but I never understood the need of FP on the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean or ever Star Tours. The lines for those rides, although theyre popular attractions, are always usually short (except for HMH) ...it just didn't make sense to have FP for them.. And I have no idea why Winnie the Pooh opened with FP... its a little dark ride thats not even as good as some of the ones in Fantasyland... Why did it deserve FP? hmm...

As for the whole point of being able to see the themed queues- you get to experience Indy's queue with FP still and same with Star Tours (althought ST no longer has FP running) and I personally dont think Splash Mountain's queue is all too terribly interesting..... DCA really doesnt have interesting queues aside from TOT. I guess Soarin' has is a bit interesting.. but not too much... And we all know California Screamin' is just crap in the themeing dept.

I dunno, but I guess I'm just trying to say that I think FP is an all-around good idea... and I agree that balance is the key to it all..

• Baybeh!

They are too structured for me. I like to check my watch no more than 2 times when in the park, and that is it! I am there to be away from a schedule, not to keep on a new one. I am not a fan of them at all.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    They are too structured for me. I like to check my watch no more than 2 times when in the park, and that is it! I am there to be away from a schedule, not to keep on a new one. I am not a fan of them at all.
    But the nice thing about the fp, is you can go anytime after the time frame on the ticket...not too restrictive I think?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Sock Puppet

Why Do You People Insist On Antagonizing Against The Annual Pass Holders?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    Why Do You People Insist On Antagonizing Against The Annual Pass Holders?
    We have a whole other thread for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12