Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Don't mess with the duck!

Re: Summer Is Here! Featuring Indy Evac, POTC Lights Out, LDF's Kids,Night Shots and

Another excellent report, can't wait for more!

Re: Summer Is Here! Featuring Indy Evac, POTC Lights Out, LDF's Kids,Night Shots and

Great pics! How were the lines? :o

• =)

Throw off your groove? Throw off your GROOVE?! I'll throw off your groove if you don't post those Indy shots soon!

Nice shots, though. Despite the fact they were taken with a Nikon. :P

• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

Great TR!! I can't wait for more!!Yeah, the lines were pretty short on Saturday for the Harry Potter Day. We discovered: Everyone was in line for Nemo. We were smart enough to stay away from Nemo that day.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Hey, my daughter and I were there yesterday, too. Love the report and pictures so far.

• Artsy Fartsy

great pics so far. Still waiting for the Indy stuff though. J/K!! Keep em coming.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post

I think this is the same pirate that you show a few good shots of in part 2 -- and yeah, um, your daughter has great taste! When I saw this pic my first thought was "who's the new yummy pirate??"
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Hey you finally got the 200mm! Nice! Where's the Indy evac?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That pirate is also the one my daughter wanted her picture with

Yeah, good taste.

Wonderful Trip report!!!! I really wish I didn't live so far away! Looking forward to more!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

"I'm sorry but you've thrown off localdisnyfan's groove!"

*Watches people get thrown out of the window*

Couldn't resist mate. Waiting for more ^_^

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Great pics, Need More. Let's see indy evac.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

(Part Three: In which LDF feels all guilty because he knows he ain't gonna finish this thread by tonight so he might as well stick the Indy and POTC stuff in now)

(...but you have to promise to come back later to check out the fireworks and the night shots. )

Okay okay....I will dispense with the groove and jump ahead to Pirates and Indy. (Indy didn't happen until 10:30pm ish, so yeah. It would have taken awhile. ) Let's start with Pirates of the Caribbean. I've been on that ride...um....many, many, many times but this was the first time we've ever come down the second drop and.....

Hello?

Who turned out the lights?

The music was yo-hoing but the lights were all off except for a few blue ones that didn't seem to work that well. I guess they blew a fuse? As we came around the corner, this was all I could manage for the skeleton with a sword in his chest...

Usually, that area is lit up enough for me to get a decent shot. It was dark all the way up around the skeleton steering the ship wreck, and then the lights were back to normal.

I'm hoping to get a new lens with a 1.4 aperture in order to get better shots on the dark rides. In the mean time, I've begun to experiment with digital POTC "art." Here's my best attempt so far...

And now....to the highlight of my evening....the Indy evac!

It started with our stop and start trip through the Indy queue as word made it's way back that one side of the loading area was no longer working. As it was already after 10pm, we were really tired, and the kids were starting to wear out:

Pluto pretty much gave up:

Even with the fastpass we had been in line for just over 1/2 an hour. FINALLY we made it to the loading area:

And off we go!

Minor spoilage alert....but I'm sure you all know this stuff already, so feel free to read on...

We went through "Door #3" (apparently they're all the same track) rounded the corner, got yelled at by Harrison Ford, went over a couple of bumps then...

we stopped.

And waited.

And waited.

Then....the lights came on.

Here's a blurry merged shot of our view:

It turns out we were parked next to this guy:

I was a bit jealous of the cars in front of us as they broke down further into the ride and got to walk across the bridge, but beggars can't be choosers.

My kids were having a GREAT time...

The speakers above the track...

More of our view while waiting....

The CMs came by ....and kept right on going. Wait! Come back!!

There they go...

The car in front of us was evacuated first. Dang. I wish we had gotten to walk across....

Soon the CM's returned with the ladder and we started the walk back to the loading area...

The CM told us to stay off the center of the track or we'd get toasted. Sorry some of these shots are shaky but I wasn't technically sure if I should be taking pictures and the CM asked us to keep moving:

Here's Harrison again...

Her eyes were out so I guess it was OK to look at Mara....

I'm guessing this is where they load on additional vehicles?

I had a few more shots but I maxed out my 1 gig card right in the middle of the evac and had to quickly delete a bunch of others.

When we got back up to the loading area, we all received passes, which were good for EVERYTHING

except Nemo...

So we thought we would try Space Mountain.

But it was also broken down.

(More to come....)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-21-2007 at 08:59 PM.

• =)

Nice shots! Can't wait to see more. Pity you didn't get to walk through the other two-thirds of the ride and/or take some secret backstage routes...but oh well. And, yes, that very cool final shot you posted is next to a vehicle storage area, I believe. The rolling steel door at the end of that area leads into a smaller, irregularly-shaped attachment to the main show building. You can see it in this aerial shot, and here's a photo of the ground in that spot before the building was erected. Check out this blueprint for the layout of the track; the area in question goes off the right side.

• Disney for life!~

Oh dang! Those pics are awesome!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast