View Poll Results: Which movie should the next big ride at Disneyland be based off of?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • "The Little Mermaid"

8 10.26%
  • "The Lion King"

8 10.26%
  • "Pocahontas"

0 0%
  • "Hercules"

5 6.41%
  • "Sleeping Beauty"

7 8.97%
  • "Toy Story"

1 1.28%
  • "Lilo & Stitch"

2 2.56%
  • "Bambi"

1 1.28%
  • Other (Please Specify)

3 3.85%
  • None - Make the next ride be 100% original!

43 55.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Which Movie Should The Next Ride At Disneyland Be Base On?

Which movie should the next new ride at Disneyland be base off of? "Sleeping Beauty," "The Lion King," "Pocahontas?" Should that "Little Mermaid" dark ride be the next?

Speak your mind here!

...Joe...

• I'm Flying High

Re: Which Movie Should The Next Ride At Disneyland Be Base On?

I think it's well about time for an original! Give Frontierland some love!
    The daydream princess

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I voted for Bambi. I'd love to see a fully immersive attraction along the lines of Pirates/Haunted featuring a trip thru Bambi's forest with scenes of all 4 seasons---Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Could be constructed as a nice segway between Fantasyland and Frontierland on the North Side of Big Thunder.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

For me I chose "The Lion King." There's so much that could be done with this amazing movie. It's about time this classic gets a ride!

...Joe...

• Fighter Pilot

Hercules and Lion King are my personal favs...but I wont hold my breath

• I'm not really here

As much as I love the Little Mermaid ride idea and would dearly love for them to actually build it, I think it is time for the next several rides to be 100% original. Something totally new and completely different that we have never before seen or imagined. Something that will have us wondering about every little detail because we don't already know the plot of the movie. I think they should take the risk, even though it wouldn't be a risk if those designing it and building it were allowed to exercise their creativity to the utmost limit and beyond as they used to do.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    For me I chose "The Lion King." There's so much that could be done with this amazing movie. It's about time this classic gets a ride!

...Joe...
    Lion King would be Awesome! But I'd want it done right with a massive show building to add a sense of the Great size and nearly endlessness of the African Veldt.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Lion King would be Awesome! But I'd want it done right with a massive show building to add a sense of the Great size and nearly endlessness of the African Veldt.
    Most definately! If Adventureland weren't so small I'd say put it in there. But since that's pretty much a nocando I'd suggest plowing over Fantasyland Theatre and putting it in there.

...Joe...

• Minion

Sleeping Beauty is probably the best option if done properly. With Maleficent and her dragon form, it has the potential to be the next Indiana Jones Adventure. I am talking a dark ride/thrill ride combo like IAJ.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I voted for Bambi. I'd love to see a fully immersive attraction along the lines of Pirates/Haunted featuring a trip thru Bambi's forest with scenes of all 4 seasons---Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Could be constructed as a nice segway between Fantasyland and Frontierland on the North Side of Big Thunder.
    Bambi is my all time favorite movie, so it would be awesome for it to get some representation in the parks.
    Sleepjeff's idea would be good idea for that area of the park. I wonder how it could be made so we feel like we are in the movie, not viewing 3D representations of the movie. What kind of vehicles would we ride in, how would we be introduced to the ride (preshow and/or queue).

It also would be awesome to see that Little Mermaid ride built.

I love, love, love Toy Story, but once Midway Mania opens, there will be two Toy Story rides at DLR and that is enough.

I would love an original ride to be built, one that is at the level of POTC AND HM.

• DL is my anti-drug.

yeah its time for a non-movie based attraction. Something for Frontierland

• Minion

I am surprised this thread wasn't more popular.

• I'm not really here

So am I actually. We're always ranting about what should be next. Maybe we're all ranted out on this one? Oh, did I say that out loud?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Digging to Earth's center

I've always wanted to see Lion King, Bambi, and Little Mermaid based attractions in the park. Lion King would be in Adventureland (maybe it could take over Aladdin's Oasis), Bambi could be in that "Fantasia Gardens" place or in Big Thunder Ranch area that opens as "Bambi's Forest" where we see live deer and rabbits, and Little Mermaid could be in the Motor Boats area.

Also, I'm new to Mice Chat. Anyhow, those three movies would be awesome if they could make it into the parks (I wonder why they haven't already...)

• =)

No, no, no, no, NO! No movie tie-ins for at least a few years please! And that was a Paul-Frees-Ghost-Host-special-ghostly-emphasis kind of "please," too...and one that didn't have any sort of movie tie-in to begin with.

I'm a huge proponent of original rides. Don't get me wrong--movie franchises were what allowed Walt the chance to create Disneyland, and he even devoted a whole land (Fantasyland) to the idea of bringing his cartoon characters to life. A few other rides in the park had movie tie-ins in the early days--Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn, etc.--but as I've said before, they were tenuous connections and the rides worked just fine as standalone items.

Is it a coincidence that Pirates of the Caribbean--the last ride Walt himself worked on, and a truly original dark ride--is one of Disneyland's most popular attractions? I don't think so. And--correct me if I'm wrong --I think the movie franchise had no influence on the ridership of that attraction for the first thirty years of the ride's existence. The Haunted Mansion is similarly popular and similarly original. There are fan web sites devoted to the detail and supposed back stories. People go back again and again, looking for more hidden visual treasures.

IMO, that's what Disneyland needs more of. Don't get me wrong--some of my favorite rides have movie tie-ins. In all likelihood, I'd mysteriously turn up dead in my bathtub if Indy were to be removed. (Kidding!) But I do think that what Disneyland needs now, to firmly re-establish its street cred as an impressive and well-thought-out park that doesn't exist solely for Disney's profit, is another original ride.

Now, animatronics are no longer seen as amazing and new and exciting and futuristic, so they can't be the only thing the new ride will rely on. Two lands have enough unused space for the new ride to take up residence there--Tomorrowland (Innoventions) or Frontierland (Festival of Fools area). My vote is on Tomorrowland, since I really like the idea of an original futuristic dark ride and it allows for a lot of new and innovative special effects. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, my preference for the next movie-based ride at DL would probably be...mmm, either The Lion King or The Little Mermaid.

EDIT: You posted before I did, FinalAdventure, because I'm a windbag that can't stop typing. I just wanted to say welcome to MiceChat! I think you'll like it here.

Smile Re: Which Movie Should The Next Ride At Disneyland Be Base On?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    I've always wanted to see Lion King, Bambi, and Little Mermaid based attractions in the park. Lion King would be in Adventureland (maybe it could take over Aladdin's Oasis), Bambi could be in that "Fantasia Gardens" place or in Big Thunder Ranch area that opens as "Bambi's Forest" where we see live deer and rabbits, and Little Mermaid could be in the Motor Boats area.

Also, I'm new to Mice Chat. Anyhow, those three movies would be awesome if they could make it into the parks (I wonder why they haven't already...)
    Welcome to MiceChat FinalAdventure! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I too wish that Disney would create a very emmersive (sp?) dark ride base on The Lion King. Just think of what could be done with the intense wildebeast scene!

Anyway, welcome to MiceChat again!

...Joe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast