• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Character Meet n' Greet (Disney Visa)

Anyone have experience with the character meet n' greet that's one of the benefits of the Disney Visa? I've read the info, I believe it's at Ariel's Grotto at park opening (DCA opening?) and you can take up to 6 people per cardholder. Now what I'd like to know is if you can do this just once or if you can do it every day if you're kids are interested.

Any other ideas/hints are welcome!

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Re: Character Meet n' Greet (Disney Visa)

We went in May and it was definitely worth it- one of the few ways to meet Mickey without a huge wait. Here are the tips I ran across while I was researching it myself:

1) You can go every day of your trip, if you would like, and get the free photo each day. Some people have even reported that they were able to use their free photo voucher for another Photopass photo taken elsewhere, but that it depends on the clerk you get at the store.

2) It runs 1.5 hours, starting at park opening.

3) They work it as three rotations of characters (i.e. each character set is there for 30 minutes), so the best time to go is about 20-25 minutes after opening OR 50 - 55 minutes after opening. This way if you stay for 5 - 10 minutes you get to see TWO sets of characters in the same visit. There is no set time limit on how long you can stay, and when we visited we were the only family there for a while.

4) From what I read (and it was accurate on the day we went), the characters are usually Mickey & Goofy for the 1st half hour, Chip and Dale for the 2nd half hour, and then back to Mickey and Goofy for the last half hour.

• Banned User

I'm thinking about getting a Disney Visa, so how does all this work, besides what has already been stated? Do you get a photo printed by Disney each day? And where are they...? Thanks

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

There are all kinds of benefits to having a Disney Visa, it's definitely worth it. Once you get your card you have access to the Disney Visa website at Chase.com and it lists all the benefits. They also send you all the details in the mail. Recently we got a special pre-sale offer for Playhouse Disney Live, and got excellent seats before they went on sale to the general public.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

When I got to the park,I went to the information booth and they knew NOTHING about this. They finally sent us to the animation studio and there were NO characters there. We were very dissappointed and missed out on yet another chance to meet characters this trip. I guess I should have chwecked with you all first to find out the scoop! MC is probably a better source of information than the information folks! (That is not meant as a slam but my experience!)
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL