Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

New and Old Friends, and Sinking Our Sub Thoughts: A BellhopP and WeWants' TR, 6/22

Boy, it's been a while since TR'ing. I feel like it's my first one all over again XD
    So...7:00 AM. WeWants' cell alarm goes off, waking both of us.
    The beginning of a very long day.

WeWants, in her kitchen/dining room....thing.
    We were ready to go to DLR by 8:00, but WeWants' mom insisted on taking us out for a good breakfast, at Millie's on Imperial Hwy in Brea. That killed our initial desire to go on Subs first thing, since we didn't leave the restaurant until after 9:00. (I have no pictures of this.)

Arriving at DLR!! In Downtown.

The extremely crowded line to enter...was this to be our fate all day??

Hehe, it looks just like the old poster except with cartoon characters on it!!
    We got into the park, finally, and naturally our first stop was to mock the people in line for Subs. This was a three hour line by the time we got there--a little after 9:30--and it struck us as funny that people were putting themselves through this so early in the day.

The line begins.

And continues.

And continues.

And continues.

And continues.

...*sigh* and continues....

....AND CONTI--ooh! Snacks!

And continu--Oh, it's over.
    Seeing as the line was so outrageous, (and since we had walked by laughing at them loudly and didn't want to get jumped if we got in line) we went over to Star Tours, which I hadn't gone on in a while and it killed time before fellow MC'er Tiwat showed up.

*sings Star Wars theme annoyingly*
    While in line, we had fun with my camera!

Tiwat called, he was stuck in traffic and would be there within the hour.

Tourists!

The screen was broken...not the lettering, that was just awesome timing.

...more C-3PO....
    After Star Tours, we saw that the Jedi show was going on, so we mosied on over to watch it...and look for our friend, who works it on Fridays.

Mission Accomplished! We found Cheesy!! (who I have mentioned in other TR's)

Tiwat arrives!! We wandered around for a bit before deciding to go over to Mansion, and Tiwat insisted we take the train. Lazy bones.

Yum....dinosaurs.
    So Mansion....In the elevator stretching gallery, the butler was in dead-on (hehe, bad pun) character,and since we were right next to him I asked if I could hug him because he was awesome.
    "H-huuuu-ghh?" he asked, before inching towards me. I hugged him and he shuddered away. "Your body is so warm," he said. "I'm used to dealing with...colder bodies."
    I laughed. "You're very good at this," I said.
    "Thank you," he said. "I can only assume that at whatever you do, you are also very good." Then the lights went out.
    When the lights came back up, he was nose to nose with me, staring at me in the best butler/bellhop look I've ever been given. I just smiled and told him he was very good at this again, and we vacated the elevator.
    ...More to come.
    dreams. come. true.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: New and Old Friends, and Sinking Our Sub Thoughts: A BellhopP and WeWants' TR, 6/

After Mansion, we went to Tom Sawyer's Isla Pirate's Lair, which I hadn't seen yet. It was pretty...er....yeah.

The highlight for me was the baby duckies!!!
    After that letdown, I let Tiwat be the Caitlin and lead us over to the Jungle Cruise.

I feel an explanation is in order about the term "being the Caitlin." To "be the Caitlin" of your Disneyland group, you lead the others around the park without much consent as to what they want to do. It's not insensitivity, it's the fact that they don't know what they want so you pick because someone's gotta do it. Named after me, coined by WeWants. But I digress.
    After not hearing the sonic booms (my mom called me while in line to ask me if I heard them) we decided to go over to DCA for lunch and to bother my friend Shawn at Tower, since he was going to be hanging out with us after he got off. On the way there, however, we heard jazz coming from in front of the Firehouse.

The Firehouse band! I've heard of these guys but I've never seen them before.

Then Cruella joined the party. She wanted someone to model her latest creation.

So she asked this guy.

"He looks just like my sister!" she said. Seriously.

Then Goofy joined the party. And we left.

Tiwat trying to escape from my paparazzi.
    We decided to check Tower first, since we didn't know how the line was going to be. It was 15 minutes long, so we jumped on it.

WeWants in front of Uppers Bravo.

Our first time on Tower. It was a good group, but they were all newbies to the ride.

Tiwat pointed out that it was June and this was still up.
    Tiwat had to leave for work after lunch, so we bade him farewell and went back over to Tower.

Tiwat-less and in HPBL.

I had been on the ride a grand total of 29 times (at that point, we were in line for my 30th) and I had never noticed this decal on the floor.

Hehe....it's a cobwebby window.

Photos by WeWants. She needs to get her own camera, she's quite good.
    It's been a while for me since I went on Tower and had a genuinely bad elevator. Recently we've experienced extremely loud screaming girls and people who reminded us of ourselves from months ago, but never, ever have we had a group this bad. There was a group of three middle-school-age girls who were very rude during the preshow video, in that one of them answered her phone rudely in the middle (and not to say "I'll call you back") and at the end of the video they all three yelled "The Twligiht Zone!" to which even the bellhop gave them dirty looks. We, as luck would have it, got the elevator with these three, and a number of other rowdy people. WeWants points out that the three girls simmered down, but they were still not the best behaved people I've known on the ride. I have a lot more to say about behavior on rides, but I'll leave my rant at this.

The insanity left us temporarily soulless.

Third time around. I noticed that Charlie (uppers and lowers) was vacant, and therefore 101. Which makes me sad, it's my favorite.

Pretty smile!

I was trying to see if I could help the little girl....okay, we were messing around and WeWants saw a photo-op. Myspace!

We finally saw bellhop Shawn. He's one of my favorites at Tower.

Our picture, potentially one of the best ever from Tower. Ever. From us.
    dreams. come. true.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: New and Old Friends, and Sinking Our Sub Thoughts: A BellhopP and WeWants' TR, 6/

Since we saw Shawn, and we had done Tower three times (making my lifetime count 31) we bought some frozen treats and sat down in the DCA hub to enjoy said treats in the shade.

That, and WeWants' shoe was really messed up at this point.

Dibs!

Rock-hard 'soft' frozen lemonade!
    We sat there talking for maybe about 10 minutes before a little girl and boy passed us, the little boy climbing his way through the planter. The little girl said loudly, interrupting our conversation, "I'm the queen, okay? And you're my servant." The little boy said apathetically, "Okay." As she went around the corner, we heard her continue, "I'm Queen Elizabeth." We then tuned her out after exchanging glances and continued talking.
    Suddenly, out of freaking nowhere, we are interrupted again by this little girl.
    "I SAID BOW DOWN TO ME!!!!"
    We were very frightened by this...so we quickly vacated the premises, but in passing her on o0ur way to escape we heard her yell at him once more not to respond without permission. We walked faster to the park exit and back to Disneyland.
    It was 10 minutes til the next Jedi training show, which our then-techhie friend Eric/Cheesy would actually be performing in. So we watched. I didn't get a shot of Cheesy, but he saw us and smiled a couple of times. I did, however, get a shot of this very small and brave child facing the dark side.

We didn't get a shot of the lead Jedi's assistant, whose name kept changing every time he said it. "Kai Takakundo Volaris" in a variety of combinations.
    So then we decided to survey the Subs line again, laughing at the length as we went, and then, well....

WE joined the party. It was only an hour and a half, which really wasn't bad. Aside from the boredom.

OHMIGOD shoes.

Subs!

Seagulls!

Nemorail!

...that was a fast line, eh? lol
    WeWants and I have become very familiar with many of the CM's at Tower. We can recognize many of them by name without looking at their nametags. While in line for Subs, we kept seeing people who looked like other people we knew from a variety of places from different angles. Right before we got on the sub, WeWants saw someone at the other end of the dock. "Hey, he looks like bellhop Pete from behind!" Then this man turned around. "...and from the front..." He walked towards us, and saw me at least and smiled like 'hey, i know you!' It was Pete. Really. Not just a lookalike.
    Let us mourn the loss of another awesome bellhop.

*insert "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks here*
    Photo from a long previous TR.
    After subs, we met up with Shawn the bellhop, who was not a bellhop anymore but was acting the part of a CM in directing us through the Matterhorn line.

Yeah, you tell us, Shawn.

Bobsleds!
    Shawn wanted to go on Mansion, but we saw that Pirates had a fairly short line so we hit that in the meantime.

"Shawn, you don't want to 'yo ho'? So it's a 'yo no'?"
    After mansion....

we ate at the Hungry Bear because I was a...well....you get it. During dinner, we saw one of the resident Mice Cats. I don't think we've named this one.

She was a pretty girl. But she doesn't like french fries or veggie burgers. She was my friend because she kept letting me pet her. Even if she is technically a homeless kitty, she is very well taken care of.
    We then went on Pooh
    , where we squeezed unsuccessfully into the back row of the beehive...thing. I was in the middle and the entire ride my butt did not touch the seat. After that we hit a popcorn stand and watched part of Fantasmic! before going over to stand in Main Street and watch the fireworks.
    After the fireworks WeWants was pretty tired, so Shawn took advantage of a two person fastpass thing he had and he and I went on BTMRR.

(I have no pictures of this, either)
    After that our ride arrived and we went back to pass out at WeWants' house.
    Fin!

dreams. come. true.

• Directly directed

Great TR! So what did you think of Nemo? And I love your nails.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Great TR! So what did you think of Nemo? And I love your nails.
    Thanks!!! I like them too ^^
    It was pretty good....I just like that the subs are back. I think it would have been better if not for that horrible line.
    dreams. come. true.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Talking Re: New and Old Friends, and Sinking Our Sub Thoughts: A BellhopP and WeWants' TR, 6/

Great report!! Hey that did make me smile.

I loved the broken shoe picture.
    The crazy Queen Elisabeth girl ---(How random is that ---Oh I'm the Queen of England)

And the "being the Caitlin." Thing --i can totally dig that.
    When i used to go with a large group of friends --i basically become tour guide since there indecisiveness would have had us just wondering around the park all day and going on no rides --unless "The Caitlin" said "Ok no more walking around doing nothing --let's just get in a line already"

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Smile Re: New and Old Friends, and Sinking Our Sub Thoughts: A BellhopP and WeWants' TR, 6/

P.S. what is the fin from ? It doesn't look like Jaws Universal

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brad chowen View Post
    P.S. what is the fin from ? It doesn't look like Jaws Universal
    El Fin! *rimshot*... o_o
    dreams. come. true.

• I have a mole?!

Oh man. My feet hurt. But those were some good times.

Yeah I'd have to say the guilty subs pic is as good as they come!

HAHAH! fin. that's great!

i must say, that's awful how those girls acted on that particular ride of tower. but that shot of you guys - and then the three in front of you being deaf, dumb and blind was a priceless shot.

great TR!!

kingdom hearts <3er

• I <3 o

Mission Accomplished! We found Cheesy!!
    Hey I know him too
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• is too darn hot.

I was giggling at the future bondage queen at DCA...

30 times on Tower... that's crazy. I was there last month and I think I managed to ride it four times in a row because there was *NO* line.

I miss that when summer rolls around.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

• I have a mole?!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Hey I know him too
    Reaaaally? Where from?

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Hey I know him too
    Yeah? From where? I've known him since my awkward childhood years. I've known him the longest out of anyone who isn't family to me, actually. I lurve him, in a completely platonic way.
    dreams. come. true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast