Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Miracles in Lost and Found?

I was wondering if I could get an idea of things people have lost in the park.... and if, and when, they ever got them back. My dad lost a hat on Screamin' and recieved it back the next day. I left a digital camera on the matterhorn, or small world, and it was not in the lost and found 3 days later. The CMs there kept assuring me that they still get stuff in. I was just trying to get an idea of how long it usually takes to process stuff like that and if the CMs working the lost and found were just trying to be optomistic.
    What have you lost, and when, if ever did you get it back?

And if anyone happened to find a Canon Powershot on Wednesday... a poor college student who lost it on her grad trip is desperate to find it! .. but seriously.

• no flash photography...

Re: Miracles in Lost and Found?

we lost a talk about and received it in the ,ail in about 2 weeks.

someone I brought lost their keys once. We put in a report and went to check the next day they said our description was not detailed enough. So, we described them in more detail, they went in the back and had the keys.

• Closed Account

My mom lost her wedding ring on either Pirates or Haunted Mansion.

We never got it back...

• See Ya Real Soon!

We have turned in many things but the one thing that we did lose (my DD hat) we never got back.

• Digging to Earth's center

My friend once was putting something in her purse, and she dropped her cell phone. She only realized this AFTER we got in the car and were already halfway home (meaning we were 25 min. away from Disneyland, if not 30). Her mom called Disneyland, and they assured us they'd find it. They found it the next day at Starcade!

Also once, I accidentally left my wallet in Space Mountain, but someone kindly gave it to a CM there. I was panicking, but thankfully, they found it 3 hours after I lost it. Wow, quick action, but then again it was 4 PM when I found it, so the park was still open and I didn't have to wait around being so far away from the park.

Those CMs are quick!!

About 7 or 8 years ago, I left my mom's camera on the tram and about 45 minutes later I went to the lost and found when it was still on Main Street (no DCA yet), it was there! I am still impressed to this day!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    I was wondering if I could get an idea of things people have lost in the park.... and if, and when, they ever got them back. My dad lost a hat on Screamin' and recieved it back the next day. I left a digital camera on the matterhorn, or small world, and it was not in the lost and found 3 days later. The CMs there kept assuring me that they still get stuff in. I was just trying to get an idea of how long it usually takes to process stuff like that and if the CMs working the lost and found were just trying to be optomistic.
    What have you lost, and when, if ever did you get it back?

And if anyone happened to find a Canon Powershot on Wednesday... a poor college student who lost it on her grad trip is desperate to find it! .. but seriously.
    My son lost his fanny pack wallet and $$ on Screaming.(left it in the seat bag) The CM said "once I lost my whole LIFE in my fanny pack and got it back!!" It's been over a month and we have not gotten it back.

it's gone..........

Friend left her diaper bag, NEW digital camcorder and a ton of other stuff at DL got it back the next day. Yay for her.

Not mad about the fanny pack my son found a Pirates of the C hat abandoned at the park yesterday makes up for it I suppose.
    Janette

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    My son lost his fanny pack wallet and $$ on Screaming.(left it in the seat bag) The CM said "once I lost my whole LIFE in my fanny pack and got it back!!" It's been over a month and we have not gotten it back.

it's gone..........

Friend left her diaper bag, NEW digital camcorder and a ton of other stuff at DL got it back the next day. Yay for her.

Not mad about the fanny pack my son found a Pirates of the C hat abandoned at the park yesterday makes up for it I suppose.
    He should have turned it in....someone may have been looking for it, kinda like your fanny pack I guess.

I've lost my phone on Space, got it back when the next time that train came through, thank goodness I noticed it quickly. Wolfette lost a hat once in DCA, right next to Guest Relations....never saw that again.

I guess it depends on who thinks they've won something when they find a lost item.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Last year my husband lost a Canon camera lense by the bathrooms in NOS. He is deaf and didn't hear it fall out of the bag. I kept assuring him that it would turn up and 24 hours later...it did! They told us that often items are given to cast members and they have to wait until their shift is done before taking them to the central office. If they forget, well...you can imagine the delay. They offered to mail it to us but since we are close we used that as an excuse to go back...(like you need one..LOL)
    ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

• =)

Six months after a somewhat nice walkie-talkie fell out of the ride vehicle in the middle of Indy, Disney shipped it--with working batteries and perhaps one or two very minor scratches--to our address, as printed on the back of the unit. We were very impressed.

• Minion

My son has lost hats numerous times, and usually gets them back. My son lost his cell phone, and Disney contacted me before he could tell me he lost it (on the Matterhorn...) But we usually turn in everything we find, karma...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

When I was a teenager I left an exposed but undeveloped roll of 35mm film on the table at the Disneyland Hotel Coffee Shop. This must have been about 1981. We were half way back to Arizona before I realized it. I wrote them a letter and a week later I got the roll of film in the mail

Doug
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

• I have a mole?!

I haven't personally lost anything at DLR, but I do have a story that shows you should ALWAYS report what's been lost or stolen no matter how unlikely you think it is to be recovered...

My aunt was at Disneyland with her husband and baby, and they left their stroller in the designated area before getting in line for a ride (I don't recall which one). By the time they got back they realized that their diaper bag, which they also kept a few valuable things in, had been stolen. Neither of them believed it would ever be found since it was stolen and not simply "misplaced," but my aunt figured that they might as well report it anyway and see what happened.
    Apparently, security had been watching the "diaper thief" for quite some time, as he stole a number of diaper bags from unsupervised strollers all over the park, but they couldn't do anything about it until someone piped in that their bag was actually stolen (and not that it belonged to that man... go figure, huh?). My aunt, along with all the other victims, had their diaper bags and everything in them returned intact. And they all lived happily ever after!

Sorry if that was... er... slightly off-topic. But it's a good lesson!

• Banned User

My daughter once lost a $20 bill in Emporium when she was about 7. I'd given each of my kids $20 to shop. (Like 18 years ago.) Anyway----she never got it back. No big surprise there!!!

• Fastest Man Alive

I've lost my cell phone, the same cell phone, 3 seperate times at Disneyland. And 3 seperate times it has been recovered and they have called my home number. Now I have a new cell phone and government appointed handler to make sure I don't make anymore mistakes.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast