Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: July 4th @ Disneyland

The heat is why I left vegas... Well that and Disney... This 4th I will actually be working at Disney unlike last year where my friends were throwing those poppers at me while I tried to drink away the heat... LOL... No luck... Anyways have fun on your trip...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

The 4th of July is traditionally one of the busiest days of the year...and usually hits capacity. If you can tolerate the crowds, then go ahead.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I'd rather have someone hit me with a car instead of going to the park that day

Be standing in the middle of Katella at 3:00pm, I will make your dream come true. It is part of the 'Year of one dream' campaign.

• "Roast Duck"

The extra fireworks at night are simply AMAZING!!! I think Disneyland is credited as having one of THE best 4th of July displays every year. I would at least go to see those and not expect to ride everything cuz it will be crowded.
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• One weird cookie...

I've been to Disneyland for July 4 twice now... One time, in the park... VERY CROWDED!!!!! I had more fun at our hotel no it wasn't my honeymoon... We stayed at the Carousel Inn & Suites and watched them from the Breakfast room on the roof... MUCH better... Plus it didn't feel like sardines afterwards...

• "I Break Things"

In years past they have had an extra fireworks display. People line up outside the park and I have even seen cars stopped along Harbor with people on their roofs watching it. It almost caused an accident on the 5 because some knucklehead stopped there too!

There will be large crowds so same advice I gave someone else earlier. PLAN. Sit down with the kids and have them pick what they really really want to go on BEFORE you go. You can get a map online! Get Fastpasses for everything on the list that qualifies as a must and has it. Keep track of the time and have one in hand before you use the one about to expire (Bottom next to the date says when you can get another one)

If you are there multiple days then pick parade one evening and Fantasmic another, also get there early for best seating. Try to stagger the lunch/dinner times. the 11-1pm and 6-8pm is usually the worst time to try to get food. I have little ones so I know that may not be possible.

Bring snacks, jackets, and get a locker ASAP so you don't have to carry the jackets everywhere. Stroller parking will be at a premium so the little umbrella stroller and the snugli is pretty much a must!

Rancho and Pizza Port have the biggest portions, like I said kindred spirit I have 3 little ones so I know how it is!

If you can put it in the budget try to have dinner at Rain Forest, if not then just walk in and show them the huge aquarium. It's worth it!

IF you can, convince the kids to get the souvenirs at the end of the evening so there is less chance of them losing anything.

Your staying at the GCH so I would say let them nap if it gets too hot, stamp the hand and just come back later! Be careful though sometimes they close the gates, may want to check Front Desk to see what that policy is.

More then anything else it is going to be crowded, and crazy, so brace yourself and keep a close eye, firm grip on the kids so no one gets lost!

• missing the DisneyGallery

When I was there in 2003 I think there a giant salute to the military with a big fireworks display. I could be mistaken, but I think it was on the 4th.

When attractions were original

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I'm gonna be 19 on the 4th! Wooh!

AND

I'm going to the park with my 3 best friends from the 5-9...CAN'T WAIT!!!

It's going to be amazing!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

has anyone gone on july 5th (when it didn't fall on a weekend)? I can only go on either July 5 or 6th and am wondering if one is better than the other.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

I went last year on the 4th of July and it actually wasn't that bad. The wait for ToT was an average of 15 minutes. The finale of the fireworks seems like it lasted forever! The crowds didn't seem that bad to me. I went to DL a couple weeks ago and it seemed that time was more crowded than my 4th of July trip. No lie!
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12