Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Old Timer

Does Nemo have a handicap entrance, for the ride?

I know that they have an alternative for those who can't get in and out over the subs. But what about those of us who can, but just can't stand in long lines. I usually use a cane, but that doesn't help with standing for long periods of time. Should I rent a wheelchair? Is the line able to take wheelchairs?

Help please.

• Drunk On Disney!

Re: Does Nemo have a handicap entrance, for the ride?

You should rent a weelchair!!!
    My mom uses one when she is there and we got on FNSV in 15m...I was AWESOME!!!!

So yes there is a Nemo weelchair line!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• I have a mole?!

Yeah, I saw a wheelchair accessible line... not altogether sure how they load but they obviously do it!

• Again! Again! Again!

They have a room that is for people in wheelchairs or can't get into the subs.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

so I'm guessing your answer is yes

• Still wants to be a cat!

Handicapped line was 2 hours yesterday. That's great for those sitting....get the extra pass for your condition from City Hall and the wait is just minutes......have learned the hard way.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

We went on the first sub of the day. We were the first family in the accessible line on 6-19 even after being told that there would be no EE opening. We carry the princess out of her chair for short distances and i was able to carry her down the stairs. It was fun but I was glad we didn't wait hours to get in! HTH
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• I was deleted.

According to ADA of 1990, yes, of course.

The ADA is a wide-ranging civil rights law that prohibits, under certain circumstances, discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. Disability is defined as "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity." The determination of whether any particular condition is considered a disability is made on a case by case basis.
    (wiki)

• The Duck Rules

Lines for the handicap entrance normally run from 30 minutes to 40 minutes. If you are going on the subs on a Sunday expect a wait of two hours.

If you get there at rope drop and can be one of the first in the handicap line your wait should be around 10 minutes.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    According to ADA of 1990, yes, of course.
    But you glanced over an important point 'under certain circumstances'. You must make 'reasonable accommodations'.

Not everything must be ADA accessible BTW

I have used the wheelchair line twice. Once for the previews and again last week. You enter the line at the end of the chained queue line and are closest to the lagoon. When you get to the main entrance you cross over to the right hand line. This line moves very slowly since they only allow one wheelchair party per submarine. If you can not make it down the staircase you can choose to visit the alternative presentation. If that is what you want, let the first cast member you get to know and they may direct you around the line.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    I know that they have an alternative for those who can't get in and out over the subs. But what about those of us who can, but just can't stand in long lines. I usually use a cane, but that doesn't help with standing for long periods of time. Should I rent a wheelchair? Is the line able to take wheelchairs?

Help please.
    When the line is expected to be into the Fantasyland area, where it is not WC accessible, there is a seperate line. But when the line is contained to the Tomorrowland area, where the line is accessible, there is no separate line. I sincerely hope no one goes renting a wheelchair simple for this.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But you glanced over an important point 'under certain circumstances'. You must make 'reasonable accommodations'.

Not everything must be ADA accessible BTW
    What people often don't get is what is considered accessible. Screamin' is "Accessible", but that doesn't mean someone in a wheelchair is going to be able to go on. It means that they can get to the point, its up to them to be able to transfer.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    When the line is expected to be into the Fantasyland area, where it is not WC accessible, there is a seperate line. But when the line is contained to the Tomorrowland area, where the line is accessible, there is no separate line. I sincerely hope no one goes renting a wheelchair simple for this.
    What most people don't seem to realize is that although some attractions are quicker with the w/c, some take longer due to loading and unloading or just the size of the area that w/c accomodations are made. I personally think it balances itself out. Pirates is a great example of this. We only go first thing in the a.m. to pirates otherwise the w/c access is too long and in the sun. With the Nemo lines, you should still expect a wait but the w/c line is mostly shaded. You are right, renting a w/c to bypass lines isn't worth it. Believe me, I wish that we didn't have to use a w/c most of the time. We weren't allowed to wait as a family for Splash Mountain because the area wouldn't accomodate so many chairs.

Hope that made sense...
    Last edited by FoundMyHappyPlace; 06-26-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell in my sleep
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There will always be a separate queue for wheelchairs no matter how long or where the standard queue is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast