Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Hmm...will it return?

I know we've all heard rumors of a new Peoplemover, but are we just wishful thinking? Is there any solid reason to expect the ride back? Or are we just dreaming?

If the ride does come back, is there even a MARGINAL chance it will be there in April 2006 (my next trip)?

• Confuzled Woozle

I doubt it will ever return. I don't think it was too popular when it was around, except for with some of the APs.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think it would be back by April. Too many other projects going on.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I know we've all heard rumors of a new Peoplemover, but are we just wishful thinking? Is there any solid reason to expect the ride back? Or are we just dreaming?

If the ride does come back, is there even a MARGINAL chance it will be there in April 2006 (my next trip)?
    Al doesn't report things unless he knows for absolute sure that they are true. What bothers me about it is that he didn't exactly say Matt Ouimet was building a new PeopleMover, he said it would be under financial consideration in the next few weeks...and that was a month ago. Al has been very quiet about it since that amazing update so I would say the PeopleMover is still very much still just a proposal and not greenlit yet.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    I doubt it will ever return. I don't think it was too popular when it was around, except for with some of the APs.
    Al made an update about this a while ago, there are rumors and grumbling in TDA and WDI. Also it was a fairly popular ride for the record- relativly speaking of course.

• Banned User

I would like have some sort of ride on the tracks back, but now I am very sad to hear that the future of the tracks is just as empty as it has been since Rocket Rods closed (we still have nothing more than rumors).

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I think it will return, but not during the 50th. The kind of changes rumored for Tomorrowland will require some major construction, so I would imagine it will take place after the 50th concludes, and they can open up an entirely new land in late 2007 w/ the new peoplemove, Astro Orbiter where it belongs, new monorail station and monorails, new Star Tours, and the new subs. I don't think they want to have that many construction walls in Tomorrowland during the 50th.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I think it will return, but not during the 50th. The kind of changes rumored for Tomorrowland will require some major construction, so I would imagine it will take place after the 50th concludes, and they can open up an entirely new land in late 2007 w/ the new peoplemove, Astro Orbiter where it belongs, new monorail station and monorails, new Star Tours, and the new subs. I don't think they want to have that many construction walls in Tomorrowland during the 50th.
    I agree

2006- 50th Part 2- Attack of the Refurbs
    2007- Revenge of the TL
    2008-2010- E-ticket: A New Hope
    2010-2015- DCA Strikes Back and Return of DLR
    2015- To the 3rd Gate and Beyond!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I agree

2006- 50th Part 2- Attack of the Refurbs
    2007- Revenge of the TL
    2008-2010- E-ticket: A New Hope
    2010-2015- DCA Strikes Back and Return of DLR
    2015- To the 3rd Gate and Beyond!
    So would that make Cynthia Harriss or Paul Pressler "The Phantom Menace"? .....or Eisner..............................
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Changes

I think peoplemover will eventually come back, but only when they re-do tomorrowland as a whole. They are talking about moving astro-orbitor ( I know I spelled it wrong) back to the platform, I think they would start working on it then.

• CM for 4 years!

There have already been like ten threads about this. Come on.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    There have already been like ten threads about this. Come on.
    Most of which started by the same guy. MotorBoat, please, please, just knock it off and keep it one thread.

• Banned User

You expect me to leaf through pages of threads to find my old thread and bump it? Nobody will even notice if I do bump it. They'll just yell at me for bumping it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Al doesn't report things unless he knows for absolute sure that they are true. What bothers me about it is that he didn't exactly say Matt Ouimet was building a new PeopleMover, he said it would be under financial consideration in the next few weeks...and that was a month ago. Al has been very quiet about it since that amazing update so I would say the PeopleMover is still very much still just a proposal and not greenlit yet.
    Exactly.

I do think it will come back, in whatever form it may be. The track is just too apparent and a serious piece of Tommorowland. Ripping the track out means a lot of empty space that won't appeal to Matt...and this guy is pretty eager to fix what was wronged in '98. Hey, he got Eisner to finally greenlight something for the subs, right? Eisner wouldn't approve of anything for the lagoon for years and years. I'd say that Matt knows how to play his cards right, and right now, he's decking them all out for Tommorowland.

If it gets approved anytime soon, I'd guesstimate the ride to come out sometime in 2007.

• Videographer

I think the subs should come out the water and onto the PM tracks. I am not sure how you could tie it into the movie but it would defintiely be interesting looking.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast