Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ..but I live in the Bay:/

Thumbs up Meetings Begin to Improve Disneys California Adventure

The following quote was taken from Mousetimes.com, which i believe got it from Laughingplace.com. Apparently meetings have been held for future improvements in both California Adventure and Hong Kong Disneyland. Lasseter has stressed the great help California Adventure needs over HK. The propositions in this quote create a bright new future for the bleak and heavily criticized Disneyland California Adventure. Sorry if this has been posted already.

"The meetings have happened. The proposals have been proposed. Now comes the decision. Oh, what a decision. There are major changes happening in the resort that started it all. The Earthquake has happened and now the tremors begin...

Tremors...

Tremors that will be felt all the way through the Anaheim Resort. "The Happiest Place On Earth" will be even happier...

Well it appears Al was right about the high end of the proposals. Well over a billion for the "high-end" proposal. Almost a billion and a quarter for the top price for this expansion or reboot as some are calling it.

Most likely, it appears that Iger will give a lot of weight to Lasseter's arguments for addressing the flaws of the park. Maybe not all his arguments, but most of them. We probably won't see the high-end, but far more than anyone expected will be allocated to DCA. Much, much more.

And you know what the great news is? I'm just talking about DCA... this has nothing to do with the lovely, new hotels that will be added or any attraction that is currently being built. This budget has NOTHING to do with any of those. All this money will be directed towards totally new attractions and theming. And that's a lot of theming my friends. Amazingly cool theming...

The proposed plans for the park are much more than I could ever have imagined. The designs for Paradise Pier will simply turn that area into a gorgeous detailed Disney theme that draws on the best parts of the past. This will be "the" area to go to in this park. The early "Mictorian" feel of Del Coronado or the Grand Floridian will give you the essence of what to expect. The designs I've seen remind me of the artwork Dan Goozee created for the Plaza Inn section of Disneyland Paris. This will also be the first section done when the "Wonderful World Of Color" water show premieres in 2009.

That's not to say that the rest of DCA won't be getting the layered treatment. Almost everything will get some form of "plussing". And this new plan will not end when DCA celebrates its 10th anniversary. This is a decade long plan. A very well thought out plan. One that includes an incredibly different entrance. One that evokes old Los Angeles, lots of lush trees and greenery. Bye, bye plaza... hello Hollywood! Like walking back into the world Walt encountered during his early years in LA. One might expect to find Clark Gable or the Marx Brothers walking around in front of you. It brings up that kinda feel. Main Street USA will finally have some competition across the Esplanade.

I can truly say that if Lasseter's vision gets approved, and there's a very good chance it will, DCA will be one of the most lavish Disney resorts... transformed from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan within the next decade. These plans are big and bold. There's talk of expanding the park to where it can handle almost as much as the current Disneyland's capacity. There are many in WDI that are on pins and needles just waiting for the approval of these designs so they can get to work on turning this park into a Disney jewel.

Those of you that have been impatient for news should be rewarded very soon. There should be announcements as to the focus of the resorts made public within the next few weeks. That's right... unless Disney gets cold feet about making it public... the news should be going out over the airwaves by end of summer at the latest.

Now as for the rest of the resort. Those stunningly beautiful hotels and that expansion of Downtown Disney? Well that will have to come in an update sometime in late July."

6 hours, 22 minutes, and 415.28 miles from my heaven
    (Previously Chrisneyland..if you even knew who that was )

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: Meetings Begin to Improve Disneys California Adventure

I have read this and I am not sure if it was on this forum but it makes me smile. We will have to wait awhile to see the big changes that will make this park GREAT but it will be worth it!

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

O.O

wow... I guess the 1990's recession is over then...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• a wind to shake the stars

A billion dollars... gosh that's a lot of money.

I hope this works, DCA'll be quite an eyesore for the years and years it takes to tear everything down and rebuild but it should be worth it. I'm not a DCA hater by any means but good retheming and new attractions would do wonders for that place.

• Minion

I am extremely excited. I am moving out to Socal in 2009, and will probably be living there the rest of my life. I am 21 now, so by the time I am 23 I will be living in paradise. I am so glad that there will be serious improvements to DCA. Walt would be proud of Lasseter.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Walt would be proud of Lasseter.
    Yes he would!
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

We shall see what happens.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• Done waiting!!

I wonder how long its gonna take for Lasseter's name to show up on a window on Main St., or in the entrance to DCA...
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Fantastic news--I enjoy DCA and would love to see it start fulfilling some of its potential.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I <3 John Lasseter!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

We need John as Disneyland President. Sorry Ed, You're a nice guy but Lassiter is a miracle worker!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Banned User

Glad to hear praise for this, but like other says, only time will tell.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

And as the article says, it is not approved yet. Things still could happen. I am interested in seeing this happen though. Luckily, I will get to DCA next month to see the "before" that is much maligned in the Disney fan community. I guess if this does come through I will have to pencil in an "after" trip too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• ..but I live in the Bay:/

That whole "entrance as if Walt was seeing Hollywood for the first time" sounds exciting and will definitely compete with Main Street, although we all know who the true victor is.

6 hours, 22 minutes, and 415.28 miles from my heaven
    (Previously Chrisneyland..if you even knew who that was )

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I had read this article on another web-footed site, too. It said that, while Jay Rasulo was pushing for improvements for DCA, Bob Iger seemed to be more interested in plussing the Asian market--namely Hong Kong Disneyland. There was speculation in the article that there might actually be a split in terms of financial assistance for both parks. It will be most interesting to see which park receives the most improvement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast