• Disneyland with Bob Ross

Cars / Nature's Wonderland / Big Thunder Trail

I was pondering the concept of utilizing the current festival of fools and Big Thunder Ranch area to give a throw-back to Nature's Wonderland while using the Cars franchise as the main draw into this new land.

Entering upon this new area from Big Thunder Trail, rock work will have taken place to tie in with the existing rock from BTMRR. In the area of this new land closest to the trail you would find the anvil rock and "dirt" race track. This would be similar to the high speed lap taken on TestTrack. Inside the ride would start with a tour through Radiator Springs onto the scenic drive Lightning takes with the Porche, exiting the show building to cross the bridge in front of the waterfall (which happens to face ROA), back inside to find out about the Hornet with a mad dash to the outdoor dirt track lap.

In the general area of Big Thunder Ranch would be Flo's V-8 Cafe, a working restaurant that replaces Big Thunder Ranch. Adjacent to Flo's would be a back entrance to this land from ToonTown. Think of the road Lightning races down to beat the train at the crossing...theming this area to that road and having guests either cross the tracks when trains aren't present or going below the tracks like the TownTown main entrance.

Other Radiator Springs buildings could be built...I can't think of all the characters names, but the low-rider guys paint shop could be an airbrush tattoo place for kids. Luigis tire shop could be a beverages only location with cups themed to look like Run-Flat. Perhaps a firehouse with a water playground.

In general, the only thing really to be seen from Big Thunder Trail is the new rock work. Radiator Springs would be more toward the back of the land to help tie in with the surrounding theming.

Just something that quickly ran through my head...any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or improvements....

----------------------
    Side Note...How about a Mater's Tractor Tipping type of attraction in the bountiful farms area of DCA?
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Cars / Nature's Wonderland / Big Thunder Trail

I guess you haven't heard about Carsland coming to DCA...

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I guess you haven't heard about Carsland that could be coming to DCA...
    Fixed. Nothing has been confirmed. But a Cars theme wouldn't necessarily fit in with Frontierland or Fantasyland which is where you proposed to put it.
    Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
    -Walt Disney

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

Being they are talking cars with human characteristics (personification), I consider that rather fanciful. Using the southwest rock type formations from BTMRR with those similarly found in Cars, I thought would be a good match. Plus if a back-end entrance from ToonTown where feasible, it would create better flow through ToonTown as well as Fantasyland/parade route.

I've read about Carsland in DCA, never heard it was actually confirmed. Thematically, I never felt a subtle transition from Hollywood Backlot/ToT to Route 66 and desert landscaping...further transitioned to Paradise Pier. I could see the Tractor Tipping/Mater type attraction in the Bountiful Valley Farm area.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Mousketeer

Perhaps you should read this thread http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67560

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by XterraceEmp View Post
    I was pondering the concept of utilizing the current festival of fools and Big Thunder Ranch area to give a throw-back to Nature's Wonderland while using the Cars franchise as the main draw into this new land.

Entering upon this new area from Big Thunder Trail, rock work will have taken place to tie in with the existing rock from BTMRR. In the area of this new land closest to the trail you would find the anvil rock and "dirt" race track. This would be similar to the high speed lap taken on TestTrack. Inside the ride would start with a tour through Radiator Springs onto the scenic drive Lightning takes with the Porche, exiting the show building to cross the bridge in front of the waterfall (which happens to face ROA), back inside to find out about the Hornet with a mad dash to the outdoor dirt track lap.

In the general area of Big Thunder Ranch would be Flo's V-8 Cafe, a working restaurant that replaces Big Thunder Ranch. Adjacent to Flo's would be a back entrance to this land from ToonTown. Think of the road Lightning races down to beat the train at the crossing...theming this area to that road and having guests either cross the tracks when trains aren't present or going below the tracks like the TownTown main entrance.

Other Radiator Springs buildings could be built...I can't think of all the characters names, but the low-rider guys paint shop could be an airbrush tattoo place for kids. Luigis tire shop could be a beverages only location with cups themed to look like Run-Flat. Perhaps a firehouse with a water playground.

In general, the only thing really to be seen from Big Thunder Trail is the new rock work. Radiator Springs would be more toward the back of the land to help tie in with the surrounding theming.

Just something that quickly ran through my head...any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or improvements....

----------------------
    Side Note...How about a Mater's Tractor Tipping type of attraction in the bountiful farms area of DCA?
    Its pretty good...but I dont like the idea of lands themed to 1 movie and 1 movie only.