• Minion

Wheelchair and child swap question

I have a broken leg, so I have a wheelchair to get around. I am going with a group who has a 3 month old. Does anyone know how it would work with the wheelchair and getting a child swap pass?

• Minion

Re: Wheelchair and child swap question

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    I have a broken leg, so I have a wheelchair to get around. I am going with a group who has a 3 month old. Does anyone know how it would work with the wheelchair and getting a child swap pass?
    That's really not a very precise question.

What is it you are expecting or what is the specific scenario ?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    That's really not a very precise question.

What is it you are expecting or what is the specific scenario ?
    Say we all want to go on Space Mtn, well, the 3 month old and prob the 1 and 2 yr old can't and we have to wait in the wc line. While I go with the rest of the party, one of the parents will have to stay with the kids. Can we get a child swap pass for the other parent waiting or will they have to go in the reg line? Same with Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Splash, and Star Tour's.

• Minion

Say we all want to go on Space Mtn, well, the 3 month old and prob the 1 and 2 yr old can't and we have to wait in the wc line. While I go with the rest of the party, one of the parents will have to stay with the kids. Can we get a child swap pass for the other parent waiting or will they have to go in the reg line? Same with Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Splash, and Star Tour's.
    Any person staying with an ineligible rider or who needs supervision should be able to get a Child Swap Pass.

Rules and availability may vary among attractions.

The CM may need to see the child or other person in question to establish the validity of the claim because some guests have become too aware of the passes and started to abuse them (AT least that is what was happening when I left. in 2006)

• Senior Minion

Why not just the majority of the group go on the ride, then when they're done you leave the kids to them and go with whoever was waiting with you in the wheelchair access line? Because doing the child pass you'll still have people waiting to go through the regular line.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

We went through the w/c line for Splash only to find out that the Princess wasn't tall enough so they allowed us to wait there while our party went. They treated it like a parent switch when they came back, I jumped on with one of the girls. If the person in the W/C is riding, they will give a switch pass to the next person. Like was mentioned on another thread and this applies to Space Moutain, using the W/C line isn't automatically faster so I wouldn't feel guilty about using this.

Did I make sense?
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Minion

What you will do is use the HA access, get a swap pass, then for the sake of speed, have the second party use whatever entrance they are using (generally fastpass) for the swap pass. Especially for Space Mountain. What might be even faster, watch the kids with someone while the rest of your party goes thru the regular line, then you and someone ride from the HA queue when its your turn. The other line is almost always faster. (And they can get fastpasses, you won't be able to.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Why not just the majority of the group go on the ride, then when they're done you leave the kids to them and go with whoever was waiting with you in the wheelchair access line?
    Because contrary to popular belief, many of the lines are actually longer in the HA queue. Space Mountain is one I would have the friends get in the regular line, while Tracy and a friend and the kids relax in the HA area. Then when the friends get off, they can walk the kids around til Tracy rides. If Tracy should get to the front first, she can explain to the CM and let others in front til her friends come off. Or the friends can wait with her, adn get a child swap pass, but instead of using the mobility rocket, they can let them know they don't need it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Because contrary to popular belief, many of the lines are actually longer in the HA queue. Space Mountain is one I would have the friends get in the regular line, while Tracy and a friend and the kids relax in the HA area. Then when the friends get off, they can walk the kids around til Tracy rides. If Tracy should get to the front first, she can explain to the CM and let others in front til her friends come off. Or the friends can wait with her, adn get a child swap pass, but instead of using the mobility rocket, they can let them know they don't need it.
    Thanks! I was also considering having the other part of the party get FP's so we won't be waiting all day for them in lines like space.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    We went through the w/c line for Splash only to find out that the Princess wasn't tall enough so they allowed us to wait there while our party went. They treated it like a parent switch when they came back, I jumped on with one of the girls. If the person in the W/C is riding, they will give a switch pass to the next person. Like was mentioned on another thread and this applies to Space Moutain, using the W/C line isn't automatically faster so I wouldn't feel guilty about using this.

Did I make sense?
    Thanks for the info! Yes, it makes sense. I know the HA line isn't intended to be faster. I will have to use it though this time. There is no way I would last in the queue for Space (even with a FP) on crutches. That's why I have a WC now, I am not able to use the crutches for long periods of time...