Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How About A New Layover for Haunted Mansion....

Slightly off topic but I have a story I've been "dying" to share!

I waited in line last year during christmas behind one girl that was bragging to her boyfriend that she had written Disney and given them all of her ideas for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. "I wouldn't be surpirzed if they offered me a job." I listened intently to decide if she was being sarcastic or not. She was as serious as you could get, even getting emotional. It lasted the ENTIRE 25 mins we were in line. Then she went on to STATE that..... "It should be NBC all year around, the Haunted Mansion is too violent and promotes cruelty to animals!" She went on explaining that during the normal season the puppy next to the Caretaker in the graveyard is starving and is that way because disney hates animals. WTF! It took everything in me to not say a word. I was even noticing the other guests annoyed with her rants. I understand that there are people in this world that dedicate and even sacrifice there lives for animals but come on.

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis View Post
    Slightly off topic but I have a story I've been "dying" to share!

I waited in line last year during christmas behind one girl that was bragging to her boyfriend that she had written Disney and given them all of her ideas for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. "I wouldn't be surpirzed if they offered me a job." I listened intently to decide if she was being sarcastic or not. She was as serious as you could get, even getting emotional. It lasted the ENTIRE 25 mins we were in line. Then she went on to STATE that..... "It should be NBC all year around, the Haunted Mansion is too violent and promotes cruelty to animals!" She went on explaining that during the normal season the puppy next to the Caretaker in the graveyard is starving and is that way because disney hates animals. WTF! It took everything in me to not say a word. I was even noticing the other guests annoyed with her rants.
    ok my fiance and I do this award everytime we go, the chode smoker award, and its nominating people like that and one gets the award....and this person, man, she automatically wins chode smoker of the year from here till I die....seriously WTF

I like our narration a lot better. But their stair hall where you board looks amazing! Also love their replacement for the graveyard... but why is there a saloon?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Feed the dog, tuppence a bag.

Chad

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Man I love the narration for Manor in Paris with Vincent Price and was bummed that it was long pulled with the new narration. Atleast when I did go I got to hear his laugh.

As for a redo at Mansion, no thanks. Continued upgrades on the effects would be awesome.

As for the person in line, I would've have asked her when she wrote them. Since the Holiday makeover has been going on since 2001. Nothing quiets down a person that brags with facts.

As for the starving dog comment, ok yes the dog doesn't look healthy...but if this is her theory then what about the animals on Pirates. How much leather are they wearing on that ride?

Hey being concerned about animals is fine. But it's a theme park...theme park.

As for feeding the dog, or anything or anyone for the matter...I say Dole Whip Floats for everyone!
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

nope! the mansion is fine the way it is!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

It seems like some people are getting the idea that I was suggesting it be permanent. I just thought it would be neat as a seasonal thing, which is why I brought up HMH. By no means should they permanently dramatically alter the HM or the narration. I just think that the Vincent Price narration is so awesome that it's a shame to have it stored somewhere collecting dust. It's not any crazier then letting the Pumpkin King, the boogie man, some deranged trick-or-treaters and skeleton reindeer invade the mansion every year.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If they pulled Vincent Price's narration after he died, I doubt they'd bring it over here. This is a perfect example of another thread. Paris Disney interests me most because of Phantom Manor. If they had it here, no way would I spend big money to travel across the Atlantic.
    I believe they pulled the narration because the DP guests complained that Price was not French and that the narration was in English. I don't think it had anything to do with his death. After all, the Phantom character is still voiced by him.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    It seems like some people are getting the idea that I was suggesting it be permanent. I just thought it would be neat as a seasonal thing, which is why I brought up HMH. By no means should they permanently dramatically alter the HM or the narration. I just think that the Vincent Price narration is so awesome that it's a shame to have it stored somewhere collecting dust. It's not any crazier then letting the Pumpkin King, the boogie man, some deranged trick-or-treaters and skeleton reindeer invade the mansion every year.

I believe they pulled the narration because the DP guests complained that Price was not French and that the narration was in English. I don't think it had anything to do with his death. After all, the Phantom character is still voiced by him.
    Hi Rex,

New ideas and thoughs are always welcome here in here. I'm all for trying new things, but when it comes to the original I'm pretty dead set in my opinion that less is better. Keep it clean, add something new here and there, but keep the sounds and storyline as is.

Just the though of altering Paul Frees' famous Ghost Host character give me the chills. And not the good Haunted Mansion type chills.

WDW HM is going through a major refurb right now. Tamper with that one and try some new things to see what guest reaction is. I'm fine with the HMH overlay but am glad it's only for a couple of months. Plus the overlay almost guarantees a thorough cleaning every year.

Again Rex, please keep posting ideas in here. When it comes to the HM, I feel like the 80 year old man sitting on the porch shooing kids away from my lawn. Sometimes it tough to change my crotchity old mind.

Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12