Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: What to do with Thunder Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb View Post
    So what you are suggesting is building a new area to replace the old area that was frontierland. Frontierland used to have inhabitants that did stunt shows, can can girls, mules, wagons, different kinds of boats, and different shops. Now it has the same shops as everywhere else, no can can girls, no stunt shows, and fewer and fewer boats.
    You beat me to it! I was thinking the same thing - what fo'c's'le swab described is what Frontierland originally was - including Zorro, an indian village, and all! Frontierland has gone from the excitement of America's westward expansion to a ghost town.

I was curious how much the park really makes on the business picnics, etc. that go on in the festival arena now. B/C it seems to me that if there will be no show there, I don't really care about your business lunch - that's what the conference rooms at the hotels are for. The Festival Arena area is HUGE, and could easily accomodate a new attraction.

Also, I'd like to see BTR come to life. Whenever I walk by (and I always just walk by) I think of a field trip we always used to take to Oak Glen where we got to watch them make cider and help pick apples and see how old tools worked. How easy would it be for Disney to get a few historians and some hands on old-west-y ranch equipment for people to mess with? I've watched kids spin in a circle on Pirate Island pulling up the chest enough now to know that they'd do the same thing in Frontierland braiding their own rope. Fun, educational, and the cheapest overhaul Disney would ever do.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Banned User

I love it back there. The open space and the water. It's relaxing. I say leave it alone as well.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Whoa! Gave myself another idea! I called it a ghost town!!!

I want a ghost town ride! A scary one! Like an adult dark ride but faster. It doesnt have to be like Space Mountain or anything that involved, but how cool would it be to zoom around an old ghost town and dodge the dead gunslingers!? It can go in the Festival Arena - business picnics be d@mn3d!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb View Post
    So what you are suggesting is building a new area to replace the old area that was frontierland. Frontierland used to have inhabitants that did stunt shows, can can girls, mules, wagons, different kinds of boats, and different shops. Now it has the same shops as everywhere else, no can can girls, no stunt shows, and fewer and fewer boats. I'm all for development of the trail area, but I also agree that the little quiet areas of DL are dissapearing filled up with odv carts.
    If we are talking about a return to the spirit of the Wild West (not a very "peaceful" time), I say yes, that is what I propose. But really much more than that; I want to build the Town of Big Thunder to further support the 'haunted' Big Thunder Mountain. I would like to see it not merely be a place to eat and shop (yes, with UNIQUE shops and food), but to recapture what Frontierland used to represent: adventure; not a nice place to relax and have a smoke.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    We could always tear down that noisy eyesore Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to preserve the peace and quiet; to further encourage the grave-yard like stillness and the funereal mood. Who needs Frontierland, anyways? Benches. We need more benches.
    Actually benches may be a great idea, as long as there are please be quiet signs to make sure people understand this i sa place for rest.

Actually the ideas you bring up are good, food, activities, basically a reason to do more than stroll through, a brief stay maybe a bite to eat, again these are still great. The only thing I don't want back there is a huge E-Ticket with lines, especially at night.

A little piece of heaven

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I think the "living history" angle could be cool. It would keep the area low-key, but still have entertainment value, an educational element, and strong themeing for the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Actually benches may be a great idea, as long as there are please be quiet signs to make sure people understand this i sa place for rest.

Actually the ideas you bring up are good, food, activities, basically a reason to do more than stroll through, a brief stay maybe a bite to eat, again these are still great. The only thing I don't want back there is a huge E-Ticket with lines, especially at night.
    This attitude is exactly WHY we need activity and crowds in Frontierland! This great Land has been relegated to being a rest-area now. This is outrageous to me! Maybe we should make Frontierland one gigantic locker/urinal/baby-changing station/rest stop/smoking area for everyone's convenience? This is fast becoming what we see today, and why it needs to change before everyone feels as the majority of the posters in this thread do.

• I'm not really here

This attitude is exactly WHY we need activity and crowds in Frontierland! This great Land has been relegated to being a rest-area now. This is outrageous to me! Maybe we should make Frontierland one gigantic locker/urinal/baby-changing station/rest stop/smoking area for everyone's convenience? This is fast becoming what we see today, and why it needs to change before everyone feels as the majority of the posters in this thread do.
    Spot on fo'c's'le! Frontierland is the rest stop of Disneyland. It's where you stop to go to the potty and change a diaper before you continue on to NOS/CC or FtsyL/TL.

I honestly think that the ranch and Fantasyland Theater should be torn down and annexed to Frontierland. There is enough room there to put a large D or E ticket attraction in the back part so that lines aren't right out by the walkway, and theme the whole area to a declining boom town desperate for visitors. You could have the saloon, the bank, etc with food, shopping and shows. It could be made fairly wide open so that it is relaxing and comfortable and you can fit in an attraction that will draw people to the land to stay rather than just pass through.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

As another on this thread mentioned, for anyone that wants to rest, DCA is a vast area with many oppurtunities to rest in. You would be hard pressed to find more than 1 or 2 people in almost any area of that place. Great areas to rest in DCA include: the entrance plaza, Paradise Pier, the bay area, and the area in front of Monsters Inc.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Spot on fo'c's'le! Frontierland is the rest stop of Disneyland. It's where you stop to go to the potty and change a diaper before you continue on to NOS/CC or FtsyL/TL.

I honestly think that the ranch and Fantasyland Theater should be torn down and annexed to Frontierland. There is enough room there to put a large D or E ticket attraction in the back part so that lines aren't right out by the walkway, and theme the whole area to a declining boom town desperate for visitors. You could have the saloon, the bank, etc with food, shopping and shows. It could be made fairly wide open so that it is relaxing and comfortable and you can fit in an attraction that will draw people to the land to stay rather than just pass through.

I like it, Frontierland could potentially be as well themed as NOS, plus have another world class E-Ticket. I don't consider Pirate's Lair part of Frontierland, what do pirates have to do with the frontier? Pirate's Liar should be it's own land.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I like the trail all serene and peaceful. (don't like the smokers but it's better than walking behind a smoker all day!).

Thunder Ranch can use something. I'm all for a new village or town or something like that with a new sit-down/reservation/table service location, a new ride (C or D ticket would be nice), and a shop.

It would be cool to have the train in plain view as if it were a train stop from the old days, adding to the environment.

Ride theme possibilities:
    -Tall Tales and Legends
    -Pocahontas
    -Three Caballeros (pushing it -- i'd welcome a character meet & greet but a ride might be out of place)
    -Cowboys and Indians
    -Nature

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hiding in the shadows

While I can not help that this is one of the areas Disney choose to put the smoking area, it was put there because the area is under used, and a smoking area is convenient for the private parties using the nearby facilities. I loath going through adventure land at any time of the day, because the crowds are overwhelming, and I usually have at least one kid with me, in a stroller, I don't want my wonderful BTT to end up this way too (yes, I admit it, I am selfish .

I completely understand your thoughts on people using BTT right now as a rest stop, and you are right, I definitely do this, and you are probably right that I don't want to lose that ability, but I would love to have a rest stop with activities, shows, food etc. Something the bairngs people in, stay a while for activities and back on their way. I am all for adding a Train Station back there which may help ease crowds too.

What I dont want is a ride that is going to completely clog up a very nice area with a bunch of people. Something that is at set times is fine, I will know when those huge amounts of people will be in that area, and I can avoid it (or stop by every now and then to catch the show and take a rest.

Although I am fine with the way it is, I think adding elements of Big Thunder, the train station, a show, food, heck even the Can Can girls (although I have to admiut I am on the fence with that one) will help build up that area, I don't want to see the old west with a major people traffic jam.

A little piece of heaven

•   

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    While I can not help that this is one of the areas Disney choose to put the smoking area, it was put there because the area is under used, and a smoking area is convenient for the private parties using the nearby facilities. I loath going through adventure land at any time of the day, because the crowds are overwhelming, and I usually have at least one kid with me, in a stroller, I don't want my wonderful BTT to end up this way too (yes, I admit it, I am selfish .

I completely understand your thoughts on people using BTT right now as a rest stop, and you are right, I definitely do this, and you are probably right that I don't want to lose that ability, but I would love to have a rest stop with activities, shows, food etc. Something the bairngs people in, stay a while for activities and back on their way. I am all for adding a Train Station back there which may help ease crowds too.

What I dont want is a ride that is going to completely clog up a very nice area with a bunch of people. Something that is at set times is fine, I will know when those huge amounts of people will be in that area, and I can avoid it (or stop by every now and then to catch the show and take a rest.

Although I am fine with the way it is, I think adding elements of Big Thunder, the train station, a show, food, heck even the Can Can girls (although I have to admiut I am on the fence with that one) will help build up that area, I don't want to see the old west with a major people traffic jam.
    (BOLD mine)I want as many people as the law will allow--Frontierland needs it. It has had so little, for so long, that too much is just about right.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I don't get some of you on here sometimes. When asked what land should get an overhaul the majority on here tend to give a resounding yes to Frontierland. Then the moment someone comes up with a thread for what to do with it so many of you say to leave it alone because it's a nice quiet area of the park. Um...excuse me, it's a theme park. You want quiet? Go back to your hotel room.

Also, what happened to the moto about "Disneyland was not meant to be a museum?" Um...if you leave it alone to just be a quiet area the way it is you're wanting it to be like a museum.

And then the moment anything in this land starts to look faded, wood rot starts to show, things start falling apart, etc. people on here complain Disney isn't taking care of this precious land. Huh? I don't get this. If the land were to be redeveloped then all of these issues would start to get taken care of. It's not rocket science people.

I just don't get how so many of you on here can say one thing but then turn around and say something completely else. Almost like you want your cake and to eat it too.

Gotta love the many facets of MiceChat. :sigh:

...Joe...

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Put in some pirates.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast