Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Question Which Disney resort would be better?

Disneyland Paris Resort or Tokyo Disneyland Resort? I'm thinking about going in 2009; I want to go to both really bad, hence my dilemma. I do speak french (not great, but well enough to get by on...) but I don't want that to cinch the deal.

And please... only post if you have been to one, or both, of the resorts.

Thanks for your help!

• Sock Puppet

Re: Which Disney resort would be better?

I've heard amazing things about Tokyo Resort. I would go just for the chance to see Disney Sea alone.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Anaheim!!!! lol well.. okay given the choice between Tokyo and Paris I'd say Anaheim! or if pressed I'd say BOTH! or if pressed further with bamboo under my fingernails I'd have to choose Tokyo, due to DisneySea. But seriously such a hard choice. I'm going to all three. Not WDW though.. nah. Pfft I don't like it.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Toyko , hands down.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Minion

Without a doubt, Tokyo Disney Resort. Tokyo DisneySea is worth the trip alone. I've been to both resorts, and the Tokyo Disney Resort is by far the best resort. The quality of both parks is simply amazing. The service is unparalled, and you'll find the best attractions, dining, and shows in any Disney resort.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Man this Tokyo Disneyland must be incredible!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Man this Tokyo Disneyland must be incredible!
    Tokyo Disneyland offers the highest quality experience of the Magic Kingdoms, and Tokyo DisneySea is by far the best second gate.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Ai yai yai yai yai!!! (is that spelled correctly? never tried to spell it before ) My next question would be, then, with TDLR, the longest pass available for purchase online is 4 days. Is that enough time to do the whole thing? Or does anyone know if there are longer stay tickets available for purchase?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Ai yai yai yai yai!!! (is that spelled correctly? never tried to spell it before ) My next question would be, then, with TDLR, the longest pass available for purchase online is 4 days. Is that enough time to do the whole thing? Or does anyone know if there are longer stay tickets available for purchase?
    4 days should be enough to see all of the Tokyo Disney Resort. I would stay 5 nights at the resort, so that you have a full 4 days to spend at the parks. Visit Ikspiari (their version of Downtown Disney) on the first night or just take in the atmosphere around the resort. Then visit Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea each on the first two days, and park hop on the remaining two days. A 4 day passport is pretty cheap when compared to the other Disney resorts; it's only about $121.

I was just at TDL last fall. LOVED DisneySea. Be prepared for a freaky cultural experience, too. I don't think I saw more than 100 caucasian people the entire time I was there.

And every time I'm in Japan, I love riding the trains, too. That's an experience almost as good at DL.

Oh! One more thing. Get your JR pass BEFORE you go to Japan. You can't get one once you arrive in Japan, and it's really cost-effective if you've going to be riding the train system for more than a couple days.

• Minion

That reminds me. Are you planning to visit other parts of Tokyo as well, or are you planning to stay at the resort for the entire duration of your visit. If so, you probably won't need the JR pass since the limousine bus can take you directly to your hotel from the airport.

• is too darn hot.

What about the language barrier? How many TDL CMs speak English? My Japanese doesn't go far beyond "konichi wa" and "arigato." Same question with Paris. I know a bit more French than Japanese, but I'm nowhere near fluent.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    What about the language barrier? How many TDL CMs speak English? My Japanese doesn't go far beyond "konichi wa" and "arigato." Same question with Paris. I know a bit more French than Japanese, but I'm nowhere near fluent.
    I had no problems communicating at all. Most of the CMs speak some English and are the most friendly and helpful CMs anywhere. They'll literally go above and beyond when it comes to getting you what you want. And all the signage at the Tokyo Disney Resort is in English as well as Japanese, so getting around is extremely easy.

The CMs at Disneyland Resort Paris were not so nice. Some of them were downright rude and ignored anyone who tried to speak English to them. Possibly the worst CMs I've ever encountered at a Disney resort. They seem to dislike foreign visitors and do not seem to be happy working there at all.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I had no problems communicating at all. Most of the CMs speak some English and are the most friendly and helpful CMs anywhere. They'll literally go above and beyond when it comes to getting you what you want. And all the signage at the Tokyo Disney Resort is in English as well as Japanese, so getting around is extremely easy.

The CMs at Disneyland Resort Paris were not so nice. Some of them were downright rude and ignored anyone who tried to speak English to them. Possibly the worst CMs I've ever encountered at a Disney resort. They seem to dislike foreign visitors and do not seem to be happy working there at all.
    Well, they're French. That's what they do. My father had the same experience when he was working with WDI on an attraction there. They only pretend to not know English, as English is a required subject in High School there.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast