Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by don duck
    This has been a bitter point for me. We see a ton of merchandise for Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I am almost to the point of hating these characters. They are okay, I guess. But there is a lot more quality entertainment value in Donald than Pooh (see the TV series, Piglet's BIG Movie and the other lame attempts at entertainment).

Then there's Grumpy...

He gets more merchandise when he is (pretty much) limited to one movie. Donald has a lot more depth to his character. It's not just his temper, it's his mischevious side. I laugh on every one of his cartoons. I can't say the same about ANY other Disney character...Mickey and Goofy included.
    There are also more cartoon shorts with Donald Duck then there are with Mickey Mouse.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

ORWEN: Now, we Cauldron girls are ALWAYS coming across merchandise on Donald Duck. Both Christmas and non Christmas. Maybe a duckling just has to know where to look.

ORDDU: That's what I'd say. After all, you're a lot more likely to find merchandise on Donald than, say, any merchandise on OUR favorite movie--THE BLACK CAULDRON. So, it's hard for us to sympathize in regard to Donald--when there are so many MORE characters out there that you REALLY don't see anything on.

ORWEN: (sniff) I'd LOVE to have something from THE FOX & THE HOUND or from THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE or from SONG OF THE SOUTH or HOME ON THE RANGE or BROTHER BEAR!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by don duck
    This has been a bitter point for me. We see a ton of merchandise for Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I am almost to the point of hating these characters. They are okay, I guess. But there is a lot more quality entertainment value in Donald than Pooh (see the TV series, Piglet's BIG Movie and the other lame attempts at entertainment).

Then there's Grumpy...

He gets more merchandise when he is (pretty much) limited to one movie. Donald has a lot more depth to his character. It's not just his temper, it's his mischevious side. I laugh on every one of his cartoons. I can't say the same about ANY other Disney character...Mickey and Goofy included.
    I agree, I am so fed up with these characters when donald is always so much better and a lot more entertaining to watch. Watching him lose his temper is the best!

• e komo mai

Donald Duck rules. Yes, he gets no respect. No merchandise, not many appearances (except I have seen him in ToonTown...) and his character has become sort of a lame wuss in Duck Tales, Quack Pack and in the horrible House of Mouse. He needs to be edgier like he was before, easy to anger, impish, more of a rascal, the kind of duck who could watch someone fall down the stairs and then laugh at them for it.

More Donald merchandise, please!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Let's face it, donald is a loser. No one wants to be seen with him. Besides, Goofy is better.
    Ouch!!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Donald Duck and his Nephews always made me laugh, and he seems to help out Mickey as a great sidekick. I agree there has not been very much merchandise at all. I know, I try every time I go.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Ever since we got the 'starring Donald' DVD my youngest has LOVED Donald. We got him the mini plush and the medium size plush of Donald, but they seem to be extra furry from how I recall them.

I think Disney is on a stich fetish right now, and at least to me Donald and Stitch has basically the same 'troublemaking' attitude. So that may be part of the reason.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    A few months ago there was an online article that said Winnie the Pooh and Friends actually outsold Mickey and his friends!
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    A few months ago there was an online article that said Winnie the Pooh and Friends actually outsold Mickey and his friends!
    I heard the same thing, too. That must be why Disney fought tooth and nail to keep the Pooh rights.

• Circle of Ancients

This is why I was happy to see the Donald cartoons released on the Treasures. I was also SHOCKED since donald stuff is VERY hard to fine.

• It's all nonsense

Respect the duck man!

yup!

When we were at the park today we looked for a Daisy mini-plush to go along with my son's Donald - NOTHING to be found!

We asked a few different CMs if they knew of anyplace in either DL or DVA to get a Daisy mini-plush (the smallest ones they make that are about $10 each) and all of them said no. Does anybody know if they sell a Daisy mini-plush? My son was kinda upset he got struck down today.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    We asked a few different CMs if they knew of anyplace in either DL or DVA to get a Daisy mini-plush
    DVA?? I think my brain is farting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    DVA?? I think my brain is farting.
    lol, it was like one of, if not the last post I made after ~10 hours in the park and ~200 miles of driving round trip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast