Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

ok, now i was thinking about this thread on saturday because I went to Hollywood and Highland and was hanging out down there.
    Why don't they give donald duck respect when he is one of the few characters that has a star on the hollywood walk of fame and his footprints in front of the chinese theater?
    someone please answer that for me :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    When we were at the park today we looked for a Daisy mini-plush to go along with my son's Donald - NOTHING to be found!

We asked a few different CMs if they knew of anyplace in either DL or DVA to get a Daisy mini-plush (the smallest ones they make that are about $10 each) and all of them said no. Does anybody know if they sell a Daisy mini-plush? My son was kinda upset he got struck down today.
    Unfortuneately not currently on Main Street at least. Just the $10 Daisy Plush in Showcase. She's a hard one to find. It's a cop-out answer, but honestly the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney really does have a knockout plush selection. But I've only seen Donald in the beanie, and plush magnet sizes nonetheless.

edit: Changed 'World Showcase' to Showcase, because the former is a land in WDW and not a store on mainstreet, silly me.
    Last edited by mrmainstreet; 02-16-2005 at 08:29 PM.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Sometimes they have Donald items at the Disney Store or at the Character Warehouse. That's where I bought my Pirate Donald and couple of T-shirts.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA
    ok, now i was thinking about this thread on saturday because I went to Hollywood and Highland and was hanging out down there.
    Why don't they give donald duck respect when he is one of the few characters that has a star on the hollywood walk of fame and his footprints in front of the chinese theater?
    someone please answer that for me :confused:
    What is being said is that there are not enough Donald Duck collectibles and not enough sightings of him around the Park unless you go to a designated spot. I hope that clears things up a bit.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-20-2005 at 11:10 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Go to Goofy's Kitchen, he lives there.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

We actually found Daisy today - not at the WoD but at the -- arg forgot the name of the place. It is that little shop next to where you get your AP pins and stuff on Main St. The first real shop on the right side of Main St if you are looking at the castle.

Anyway - not happy at all with how she looks

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    What is being said is that there are not enough Donald Duck collectibles and not enough sightings of him around the Park unless you go to a desinated spot. I hope that clears things up a bit.
    yeah i get that part but if he is good enough for a star why not put out more collectibles...or see more of him. He is such a classic

• Minion

I'll tell you why Disney isn't giving Donald the credit he deserves, it's that crazy Punk rock music, that's so popular with the kids today! It's promoting anger, violence and such! :devil:

I do love Donald though! Him and I share similar personalities. >:]

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari to Kurai
    it's that crazy Punk rock music, that's so popular with the kids today! It's promoting anger, violence and such! :devil:
    Yeah!! those kids with their long hair and tye-died shirts

....hippies.

We actually found Daisy today - not at the WoD but at the -- arg forgot the name of the place. It is that little shop next to where you get your AP pins and stuff on Main St. The first real shop on the right side of Main St if you are looking at the castle.

That would be, Showcase

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA
    yeah i get that part but if he is good enough for a star why not put out more collectibles...or see more of him. He is such a classic
    I totally agree.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• That's Hawt

... i like donald ... ... I think he gets some respect... he has a luxury liner for chrissake!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I was deleted.

I would quote you all, but it would be hard.

SoCalDude- At The Disney Store we had regular Donald and Daisy beanies that we clearanced out for $1.99 back in July. (I bought Donald.)

Disney is usually behind on merchandise by about six months, give or take. Grumpy and Eeyore both sell REALLY well at TDS, more than at the parks. I guess the gloomy and grumpy characters work better for all of those grown women who love Eeyore and those grandpas. I swear that is who buys it. In the past few months we have gotten in few more Donald shirts than normal that have sold quite well. So check out your DS if that is what you're looking for.

Treasures - the Donald treasures sold out of our store on the first day. Things like that the company notices and will try to market the character more with product.

Many Cast Members have told me that Donald usually is in DCA's Hollywood pictures backlot. (That is where he has his directing show.) I have seen him in Ariel's grotto and in Toon Town with a line a mile long on a rainy day. Go figure. But how hard is Daisy to find in the park?!?

[As for those looking for Brother Bear and Home of the Range product, we got those in TDS when the movies came out and most of them went to clearanceout at 75% off and Home on the Range for $1.99 and then $0.99. We recently got a new plush Koda in the store.

One more note, Piglet's BIG Movie is cute. Okay? ]

• Banned User

Donald Duck is the only character thusfar to make me really bust out laughing.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

All of the plush ducks look weird. My Darkwing looks like he rammed face-first into a post. :confused: Why are they designed that way?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast