Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Another part of me

Re: Line saving in Nemo ?

I hate line jumpers! If one or two people join their party, that is ok. If parents need to get their kids to the potty and the wait time for the ride is 2 hours that is fine. Letting 20 jump in line because you are a group, not cool. I am a busy body, so naturally when the 10th person stepped in front of me, I said something. They did not respond kindly to my words and since they out numbered my group, I shut my pie hole.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I think lines should have barbed wire poking out of the ropes, chains and handrails.

With a nice big laser trip wire under the rails. The chains and ropes to unhook them will have an electric shock so you can't take them off. Only cast members with a code can.

600 POST!!!!
    Last edited by Kritter; 06-28-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: 600 POST!!!!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Mouse View Post
    the 10th person stepped in front of me, I said something. They did not respond kindly to my words and since they out numbered my group, I shut my pie hole.
    Honestly, don't you hate that? I've had that done to me quite a few times when I'm in the line by myself. Honestly, if me and my big group of 5 got to a line at the same time a party that was smaller than mine did, I would totally let them go in front of me. But a majority of people who I've come across at DL don't seem to think as kindly as I do regarding people in line.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

The CMs at PFF told us that we would have had to do that to keep my daughter out of the sun. The only problem was, we were alone and had no one to stand in line for us. But if we had, would this be considered line cutting?
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post
    It never has bothered me. I am going to wait the exact same amount of time if they jump in with their party or if they stand in line from the start.

Makes absolutely no difference to me.
    It should. Think about it. Lets say there is a group of 10 people and a couple of them wouldn't mind waiting 2+ hours to see Nemo but the rest don't want too: If no line cutting were possible that would be at least 8(and possibly 10) people who would not be in front of you---just from this one party. Multipliy this times whatever number of groups that jump in front of you and your wait time increases by a significant amount.

Also groups that do this can impact your wait on other attractions too. Let's say that group of 8 decided to go on the Autopia or the Matterhorn "real quick" while their "place" in line is being held at Nemo.......It does make a differnece to you whether you know it or not

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post

You're assuming all the cutters and the people they met would be in line in front of you at the start had they not cut. It is just as likely and in fact more so that had the entire party waited until they were all there to enter the line, both the cutters and those they met would be behind you.
    Exactly!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I meant to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    It should. Think about it. Lets say there is a group of 10 people and a couple of them wouldn't mind waiting 2+ hours to see Nemo but the rest don't want too: If no line cutting were possible that would be at least 8(and possibly 10) people who would not be in front of you---just from this one party. Multipliy this times whatever number of groups that jump in front of you and your wait time increases by a significant amount.

Also groups that do this can impact your wait on other attractions too. Let's say that group of 8 decided to go on the Autopia or the Matterhorn "real quick" while their "place" in line is being held at Nemo.......It does make a differnece to you whether you know it or not
    Its the same thing as a fastpass.... I don't have a problem with those either.... My position was that Nemo doesn't have a fastpass... so I have no problem with your friends saving a place in line... However... I JUST saw a thread on the main page that says fastpast is now available for Nemo. As a result, I no longer believe that line saving should be allowed for Nemo, just get a fastpass for you and your party.

I was one of those people on the day it opened! But it was only me and my friend (she held the place in line) I had to travel a few miles away from the park, and I came back, asked a cast member if it was OK if I got back in line and he was like "No!...... Just kidding, but you should really ask the people in line - it's not my line, it's their's" so I did - I was like "can I please meet my friend over there (she waved)?" and they were like "sure! no problem" ... Then as I went under ropes and through groups of people the cast member said "don't worry guys - he's going to the back of the line anyway!" (which wasn't entirely true, but true enough!

• Minion

I can't stand when a party can't seem to stay together. This happens when one person runs ahead of everyone else and then expects the other 5 or more people to jump ahead to where the one person is waiting. This happened last night on Big Thunder. Right at the entrance where the line is split for fastpasses and standy this kid, probably about 10 or so, was in front of us in line. The way he kept looking back while we were walking indicated to me that his party was obviously far behind. So rather then stepping to the side and waiting for his party he kept going untill the line finally stopped at the stairs leading to the platform. There isn't a lot of room to maneuver in that area so when this kid's friends all wanted to join the one kid in front of us I put my foot down. "You can go back there with your party but your party is not going to come up here. You need to keep your party together otherwise this is what end up happening." He looked stunned as though my scolding was a real eye opener for him. He sheepishly moved back to his party.

Normally I don't say anything but I'm really getting tired of these rude, out of control people that don't bother to remove their heads from their sphincters before they come to Disneyland.

Sad Re: Line saving in Nemo ?

Its so sad the happiest place on earth has come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post
    Yer probably right... I guess its just something that doesn't bother me too much... (but then I don't wait in long lines very often, If a ride does have a large line and I don't have a fast pass, I just skip it...)
    To be honest, I don't wait in lines over 15 minutes and most of the time, I don't even have to wait 10. So it doesn't ever really come up at all for me personally. There really isn't a need to wait if you hit things in the right order and use fast pass. So if it really comes down to a 3 hour wait, I simply won't ride the subs. But I do intend to hit them bright and early and hope to cut that to about 20 minutes...

...Flash photos on the other hand..
    Argh Matey. Stow the powder or I'll be sending it down to the depths of Davy Jone's locker.
    Yo ho Yo ho the Nikon hits the sea. (splash!!) oops. Sorry.

• "I Break Things"

I'll go with honesty on this one. Line cutting or meeting your party or whatever you like to call it has 2 sides. The 1 person waits 10 try to get on side, and the 1 person waits and 2 meet them side.

I have elderly grandparents who are too proud to get a GAC, they can barely walk and they sure deserve one, but they refuse to. They also refuse to use a wheelchair to their advantage (I'm very proud of that) even if they rent one they refuse to just cut to the front. I am also a father of 3 little ones, the oldest is 4, and while he is good at waiting, when nature calls you better find a place for him fast.

There have been many times when my wife and I have split up, taking a kid to the bathroom or getting a drink on a hot day. We have always made a point of telling those around us as well as the nearest CM's exactly what we are doing. If it is an enclosed attraction we will kindly wait in the exit until the other one makes it to a point where we can meet up. As I said we tell those around us so it isn't like "surprise I'm adding 2 more suckers". Likewise when our grandparents visit we let them take the kids (within reason) and they usually wait with the kids around the exit so the little ones can run around, then take them up the exit to wait when "Mom and Dad" are closer to the front. But that is usually just our grandparents and possibly one other adult (Me, Wife or one of our parents) to help because pride only goes so far. I am proud of them for staying young (her GP is 91) but when it comes to babysitting toddlers sometimes even the best of us need a little help (I use this line a lot)

In those instances I can justify the "meeting your party". As a CM (man that was a while back) I always tried to be fair and as a guest I've done my best to be fair not only to the CM's but to those around me as well. In my opinion it boils down to respect.

Honestly, there isn't a whole lot we can do as cast members. If I have people ask me, I allow them to stand at the entrance for the rest of their party however there is one caveat to that. I do not allow a group of two to get ten people on with them. A group of two waiting is allowed two additional people if they are anywhere near me and ask me anything about it. If I am at grouper and I have people waiting it's a little bit different and with the bathroom situation we do have to be a little bit understanding but overall, I try to make it as fair as possible.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

This is an interesting question. On one hand, I'd love it if someone held my place in line to catch up later. On the other hand, I don't really like it when people cut me and zoom through the line to meet up with a party. Something I just realized though, line saving is basically a human FP!
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12