Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Line saving in Nemo ?

I heard that lots of people were having one person hold a spot in line for Nemo and then others later coming thru saying they are trying to get thru the line to meet up with their party. I further heard that CM's watching the line were stopping people. I don't condone this. But I know a few people who are meeting some others, who have an early entry for one day and they figure they will go get in line for Nemo with their early entry and the others will 'move up the line' to reach up with their party when they get there later upon rope-drop. Shame on them. I told them they shouldn't . And I told them they would get stopped. But I'm wondering if those that have been in line have noticed any of this ?
    Gawrsh !!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Line saving in Nemo ?

That is called line jumping or cutting and isnt allowed. Good for the CMs stopping them. People are waiting in line for 2+ hours for that ride. Shame shame.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I did it last time I went on Nemo. Wait time was 90 minutes but my parents didn't want to wait in line for that long of a time so I went in line and they joined right underneath the Monorail track where the Submarine logo is. A CM was right there and didn't say anything about it. Plenty of people were doing it opening day as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

It happens on all the rides, not just Nemo. I generally don't mind if it's just a couple people that join them but when you start getting to the 4 to 10 people joining them I think the CMs need to stop them.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    It happens on all the rides, not just Nemo. I generally don't mind if it's just a couple people that join them but when you start getting to the 4 to 10 people joining them I think the CMs need to stop them.

I went on CA Screeming, and just as you got to the exit door over the rail come like 5-6 HUGE guys. I told the CM, and she said "if they are meeting their party I can't do anything." Shouldn't there be some sort of policy about that?? It would really make me angry if someone did that on Nemo. Ok if a mom with a small child came in ehh maybe not so bad but a HUGE GROUP? So not nice!!
    Janette

• I meant to do that.

It never has bothered me. I am going to wait the exact same amount of time if they jump in with their party or if they stand in line from the start.

Makes absolutely no difference to me.

• Shubisha

Anything more than 1-2 people and I get a little frustrated at it, on something like Nemo anyways. If a couple of groups all do that it adds a whole lot to your waiting time.

The CMs were allowing it last Wednesday while we were in line. People were getting out of line for snacks, to take potty breaks, etc. I didn't see any huge groups get in line, one or two at a time here and there, but the CMs were definitely allowing "jumping the line".

• Animatronic

It's hard to enjoy a good queue with people shoving past you. Plus, it's nearly impossible to judge the true length of the line if everyone is holding spots for 40 or so of their closest friends. Luckily the last time someone shoved past me, it was just a mother looking for a corner of the mansion to let her child urinate in and she wasn't trying to cut at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It's hard to enjoy a good queue with people shoving past you. Plus, it's nearly impossible to judge the true length of the line if everyone is holding spots for 40 or so of their closest friends. Luckily the last time someone shoved past me, it was just a mother looking for a corner of the mansion to let her child urinate in and she wasn't trying to cut at all.
    That must have been a relief

I went on CA Screeming, and just as you got to the exit door over the rail come like 5-6 HUGE guys. I told the CM, and she said "if they are meeting their party I can't do anything." Shouldn't there be some sort of policy about that?
    Those who came over the rail weren't "meeting their party." They were line jumping. Now had they come through the line asking everyone in the process and been let by, they would be "meeting their party." But they didn't do that. They jumped it.

I have a different view. To illustrate: What is the difference between 10 people cutting in front of you as a result of 5 groups of 4 having 2 in line and saving spots for 2 each and a group of 11 where one person saved a spot for 10? The result is the same. 10 people that did not wait in the line cut in front of those that did. It isn't oh 2 people did it, therefore it's not cutting vs 10 people did it and it's cutting. If everyone did that, we'd have chaos. The only reason we don't is the majority of people follow the rules. Now I understand that in 3 hour lines like Nemo, well potty breaks and drink breaks are going to have to happen. I'm not without compassion and I'm not going to require someone pass out from heat exhaustion or whiz their drawers just to hold their place. But people walking up and coming in that have never been in the line. That's something else.

It never has bothered me. I am going to wait the exact same amount of time if they jump in with their party or if they stand in line from the start.
    You're assuming all the cutters and the people they met would be in line in front of you at the start had they not cut. It is just as likely and in fact more so that had the entire party waited until they were all there to enter the line, both the cutters and those they met would be behind you.

• Dreams do come true

I'll admit it I'm guilty but see I have a 17 month old who would not do too well in a 2 1/2hr line plus even with sunblock she would probably get a sun burn, so my wife took her to fantasyland for a bit then met up with us just before entering. BTW my 17 month old slept the whole ride

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I like what Six Flags is doing with watching all the people and handing them a piece of paper with a number on it. I had to use the restroom so I showed them my numbered card and went to the restroom and had to wait til my party came back. The lady checked their numbers with my number and I got back in line with them.

I hate line jumpers!

• I meant to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    You're assuming all the cutters and the people they met would be in line in front of you at the start had they not cut. It is just as likely and in fact more so that had the entire party waited until they were all there to enter the line, both the cutters and those they met would be behind you.
    Yer probably right... I guess its just something that doesn't bother me too much... (but then I don't wait in long lines very often, If a ride does have a large line and I don't have a fast pass, I just skip it...)

...Flash photos on the other hand...
    Last edited by Captain Rex; 06-28-2007 at 12:50 PM.

• Closed Account

Line jumpers need to be shot.

We were standing in line AT THE PARK GATES on Nemo opening day, and these [censored] cut in front of us and had the balls to turn around and laugh that they cut in front of us so they could run to Nemo.

I soooooo wanted to get them kicked out of the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast