Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Anybody going to the Hollywood Bowl this weekend? Celebrating Disneylands 50th ...

I JUST found out about this, and wouldn't you know it's too late to get tickets.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tix/per...il.cfm?id=2249

Anybody from here going to the Bowl on Saturday, Sunday or Monday? They are celebrating Disneyland's 50th and it sounds totally awesome.

But, if you want to go, it will cost ya. Cheapest I found was $175 each from a broker. Why didn't I see this 2 months ago.

• Social Imagineer

Are they completely sold out?

Well, some friends and I are going to the July 2 show. I have many birthdays to celebrate that day besides Disneyland's.

• insufferable know-it-all

clinksalot: One should always check HollywoodBowl.com in April. The July 4th concerts always sell out early

Yes, I have tix for the 2nd. I'm sure I posted something about it a couple months ago, but here's my Hollywood Bowl tip:

They have a "build your own subscription" feature where you can buy tickets to something like 7 concerts to get two free ones. The caveat being, to get the free tix, you have to buy tix at a certain price level or higher. What they DON'T point out to you is the fact that you can use "build your own subscription" to purchase that number of concerts in CHEAPER seats, thus foregoing the free bonus, but buying your tickets prior to the release of "individual seats" and the accompanying ticketmaster charges.

I paid something like $86 for 7 pairs of tickets plus a one-time $10 charge. Compare that to buying later for individual concerts, not being able to get the cheapest seats (which do often sell out during the season ticket period), AND paying a ticketmaster "convenience fee" of several dollars PER ticket. Some seats at the bowl do not cost as much as the convenience fee, so it's a substantial savings. Plus, of course, you're guaranteed to get tickets to the shows you want to see.

I know that's cold comfort right now (take heart, maybe someone will have an extra to sell you), but it's sound advice for the future. The Hollywood Bowl is a fantastic part of summer and should be experienced by everyone. (And if you do it my way, almost everyone can afford it!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

I may have a couple of tix that may go unused for Sunday's hollywood bowl concert, in the L1 section. Anyone's that's interested go ahead and feel free to PM me... I should know if they're available by Friday.

• Clear for Dispatch

I have tickets and will be there on the 4th. Of course, we had to get tickets about 2 months ago.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

We will be there July 4th. I was lucky to obtain a "garden box" for the evening. Drop by box #822 and say hello.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, I'm the type of person who waits until the last minute ... on EVERYTHING!!!

I was talking to a friend here at work who is going on the 4th, and then looked and saw that it was all weekend. I knew before I looked that it was sold out.

I didn't post this to try and get tickets, I was just hoping for a full report from those that are.

I will be there on Sat.

Melissa

• Rainicorn.

I'm WORKING. Harumph.

I did get a chance to see the band in my avatar on Wednesday at the Bowl, though. So no biggie.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Circle of Ancients

Well, turns out one of my really good friends at work has cousin that works for a ticket broker ... so ... I 'might' be able to score some really good seats for Sunday's show at face value.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

• Official MC Thread Killer

For those of us who won't/can't make it.. will someone film a little video for us? That would be awesome...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Hmm... racking my brain now to remember if recording is disallowed....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    Good luck!
    I had debated doing this - my parents would probably enjoy it - but they are not big planning ahead people so I knew it was useless to get a commitment so far out! Ah well! Those who are going HAVE A BLAST!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

*Might* be able to get away with a 15-second clip or two, as my still camera can do them.... Dang, I wouldn't mind having a video of it! Something in the back of my mind insists that I can't possibly be allowed a video camera though.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    looks like fun....to all those going...have fun!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast