Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Question Luminaira - Was it all that bad?

Well I have seen videos, read reports and reviews all about luminaria... From the video's it looked like a cool show, maybe with some more work, bigger budget, fountains, better pyro, and for showing the images, have something more then the screens, maybe dancers on barges, and a better musical score... I don't know how to eliminate the ash and smoke, unless they figure a way to launch the pyro higher without destroying their rides... Just the whole idea and stuff of a pyro show in the DCA lagoon was such a good one, and the jyst of Luminaria was nice, some of the smaller pyro's looked nice aswell... Was it really that bad though? Didn't it have good parts? What do you guys says? What would you do to fix a show like this so DCA has a nightime pyro show? Whats your input! I'd like to hear about it....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Defeats the Huns

I didnt think the show was bad at all. It was all the sulphur smoke that was not welcome.
    Now that they have new technology for the fireworks, I think they should give a fireworks show in the lagoon another try. I rather liked Luminaria... except there were some slow parts, but that can easily be changed.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, yes if they just improved it, with the help of matt, it could be a great show!

~

Luminaria wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it really wasn't all that wonderful a show. The low flying pyro and the smoke that came from said pyro, was just too much. Personally I think the lagoon could be enhanced with a dancing dasani show ala the bellagio, but that's just me.

Blog Entries
    Like the enchanted waters show at the disney hotel they used to have, except in the lagoon, and in a gigantic scale, and at one point, they could have the water at full hight, and have those spinners go off, the ones they use in fantasmic, and RDCT, you know, the poles that spin and spark shoot out, this could happen over the water... Minimal smoke, and it would happen once during the show.. Ohh a water show would be cool!

~

• The Fantasyland guy

do u think it'll be kool if they put a water show like the fountain show at the bellagio?
    i think that'll be kool.

• Luckiest Man Alive!

The show also had some cool lighting effects as well, when they worked...

• Banned User

It sounded not bad... but I think their might have been too many fireworks.. If they went to epcot and made a down sized Illuminations version for DCA... it might work....

lights, Water and some fireworks... not many...

(this could be timed to go with Fantasmic and help add to the place???

• Just this guy......

As everyone else has said... the show wasn't bad, but it did have problems. The video screens were way to small and the smoke from the fireworks just didn't have any place to go except for into the audience. The

DCA really does need a night show in the lagoon. I think that with some water, lasers and a handful of fireworks a really great show could be put on.

• Gay Man

If you've seen Bravisimo at TDS or Illuminations at EPCOT this show was NOTHING like these. It was just like our version of Pooh, poor in comparrison and decidely weak on its own. I am a pyro fanatic and this show was a huge disappointment. As a multi-media event, it could barely pull its own weight in that category.

The lagoon is small, but has soooo much potential - more that was realized with Luminaira.

Blog Entries
    Great input guys, anymore? Does anyone have ideas of what they could do for a night time show like that in the lagoon? Hey maybe if they use this for the night time show, they can give disneyland back the MSEP

~

• Gay Man

I do think a Lagoon show can be done. After seeing just how well TDS uses their lagoon for fantastic shows (I saw 3 in one day) I see the posabilities. DCA's lagoon is small and has some pretty major visual impediments. If both the Orange Stinger and the rarely open Golden Zypher were removed, it would provide better sight lines and more water space to do something fun. They do a lot of things with a small water space with Fantasmic, surely they can do something in the lagoon that will actually work.

Blog Entries
    Whats tds again? Tokyo Disney Sea or something?? and what show do they do?

~

• Gay Man

TDS= Tokyo Disney Sea. They do at least three shows on the lagoon. An Aladdin Spectacular, the Porto Paradiso Water Carnival and Braviseamo. All three are spectacular - especially the night time show, Braviseamo. I don't normally care for shows and I loved both the daytime extravaganzas.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

:confused: Hey Even, why is Piglet resting in peace? Did he die and I was not informed???
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast