Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MA Reader Since 2003

Country Bears at DCA!

I know others have mentioned this in the past but why dont they build the Country Bears a new home at DCA. I miss the show so much and it would be a great fit for a California theme. They could do an all new show, but I would hope they would keep the original bears and not the ones from the movie.

Last edited by Diznyfan; 06-28-2007 at 10:20 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Country Bears at DCA!

That would be a cool idea. I miss Country Bears too. No offense to the people who like the Pooh ride, but they never should've replaced "Bears". I hope those rumors that they might resurface at DCA are true though.

• Banned User

I would LOVE to see it. If Disney knows what's best....they will make it happen and it fits in the sort of woodsy feel of some areas of DCA too.

• Minion

I agree completely. These are great characters and should "come home" to DCA's Grizzly Peak area in some fashion.

I was told recently that both sets of Disneyland bears are still intact in storage. Hope that's true.

• a wind to shake the stars

I don't think the Country Bears have as huge of a following among the public as they do on this board, or at least not nearly enough to justify transplanting them into a park that needs big-ticket attractions to get people to come over.

• Minion

>>I don't think the Country Bears have as huge of a following among the public as they do on this board, or at least not nearly enough to justify transplanting them into a park that needs big-ticket attractions to get people to come over.<<

That's what the naysayers said about the Submarines, too, and look what happened... it's the biggest hit since Indy.

Sometimes people don't know what they have until it goes missing. Then when it returns, they value it all the more...

• Destroyer of Mallcore

but the subs got a new theme...want a re-themed bear show?

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

^^not rethemed, just plussed. it's no secret what the Imagineers can whip up with today's technology. really impressive AAs could do the trick.

plus, you have to remember that the Bears were in a corner of DL. if they were placed along the road in Golden State, which is a high traffic area, it would do much better.

plus, I mean come on! what could possibly go better with the whole 1920s National Park theme Golden State will have (according to Lutz)? Bears!

• Destroyer of Mallcore

New technology , lets do it. Same scary bears that remind me of that part in the movie "A Goofy Movie"...no thanks.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>I don't think the Country Bears have as huge of a following among the public as they do on this board, or at least not nearly enough to justify transplanting them into a park that needs big-ticket attractions to get people to come over.<<

That's what the naysayers said about the Submarines, too, and look what happened... it's the biggest hit since Indy.

Sometimes people don't know what they have until it goes missing. Then when it returns, they value it all the more...
    That's true, but I think the Subs are kind of a special case. For one they have the added weight of Nemo which is a huge property. That and logistically the Subs returning was relatively simple... the ride was mostly built. Yeah, it still cost $150 million, but the infrastructure and vehicles that already existed made that possible. The Bears theater is currently inhabited by a yellow bear and his friends and whatever was inside it is in a warehouse somewhere. It could certainly be rebuilt, but it's a different case from Nemo.

A Country Bears Go To California show would be pretty neat, I agree. I just can't imagine Disney completely rebuilding the show theater and programming an entirely new show for a ride they removed that wasn't too popular in the first place. Not that a new Bears show wouldn't draw guests, but given that they are supposedly planning to pump hundreds of millions of dollars into DCA I can't imagine them lining up their options for getting people into the park en masse and coming up with a new version of a show that was first made decades ago. That's just me, though, and if they did it right I'd love to see any new kind of animatronics show.

I think the Subs are the only case of a retired ride actually returning; there have been parades (MSEP) and other things that have arisen from the grave but I think the Subs are the only ride to do so. I may be wrong, in which case please correct me because I was actually wondering about this earlier.

Blog Entries

Just hope that if you do get it they keep it in better shape than Phil Holmes and crew have in Florida. Ours is in such dreadful shape I won't even watch it. Its sad really because I loved the show as a kid, now half the time the music isn't even audible.

• Quality Assured

New animatronics with a lot more physical capabilities than their previous 1970's counterparts could really draw some attention...think about what the Tiki Room could do if it got all new AA's and a re-recorded soundtrack that stayed mostly true to the original soundtrack, just its pacing brightened for today's generation the way today's movies have a much faster pace than their 1960's counterparts.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I would love for the Bears to return (ahem, or America Sings...)
    I think it certainly could be more successful than Golden Dreams. And it would fit in nicely, theme-wise. Perhaps they could even drum up some renewed interest in that movie they made.

Or maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• In Mouse We trust

If only Pixar were to make a movie about bears...

Then the Country Bear jamboree has a chance to come back as "The Pixar Themed Bear Jamboree!!"

Let's face it, The submarines came back only because they wanted to use the space, yes, but also because they could tie it in with a Pixar film, namely Nemo.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    New animatronics with a lot more physical capabilities than their previous 1970's counterparts could really draw some attention...think about what the Tiki Room could do if it got all new AA's and a re-recorded soundtrack that stayed mostly true to the original soundtrack, just its pacing brightened for today's generation the way today's movies have a much faster pace than their 1960's counterparts.
    Hmmmm.

Maybe Country Bears Under New Managment?

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast