Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon
    <~ never been on
    Me either, but it looks like I missed nothing from the video I saw. It looked kinda creepy, I can't explain why... maybe the figurines?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    It was like a Hollywood Squares repeat on GSN...
    Good night, let it rest in pieces

• Minion

Wow. I never rode on that ride, and im rather glad I did not waist the 15 mins of my life. The video was enough of a waist of time. That was BAD. I agree, RIP.

• Rainicorn.

I've never even been to DCA. Poor me.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

That ride represented everything that is wrong with Disney today and how the company has lost most of its innovation, skill, and ability to create rides that wow us. I am sure Walt Disney would of been horrified and I am quite shocked that any of you would even consider this ride half way decent. I am also quite shocked how far the companies imagination has fallen when they have to resort putting in Pixar rides galore. I think the outside of the new ride looks ugly and it could almost pass as a carnival ride.

R.I.P Superstar Limo and good riddens.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 06-28-2005 at 12:42 AM.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I loved the ride Monorail Blue. It wasn't exactly the best, but it was something. The Cher part was the best, lol. Ahhhhh memories.

• I was deleted.

Well, a couple of months ago I created this thread here based on my finding of a fan group of this attraction on myspace. It was my attempt to get MiceChatters to speak kindly of the attraction. Anyway.. I just wanted to share part of what I said there "Sure it wasn't the BEST attraction but I try to find the good in the bad to make everything more enjoyable.

When I went on SSL I thought it was completely unique, just like you said. I remember laughing at Joan Rivers (who is no longer with E!/Disney anyway) the most. The voice of Swifty was interesting and it did remind me of Roger Rabbit. Overall, it could have been worse."

• keep moving forward...

(gasp) they had free cheese on that ride... im sorry i missed it

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I am sure Walt Disney would of been horrified and I am quite shocked that any of you would even consider this ride half way decent. I am also quite shocked...
    HORRIFIED!!!!

SHOCKED!!!!

DRAMA!!!!

Actually, my expectations were low before I rode SSL because of all the bad buzz surrounding it. But I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had heard. I thought that it was a decent dark ride, certainly not an E Ticket, but comparable to the Fantasyland dark rides.

Did it need to be ripped out and thrown into a secret vault with Light Magic? I doubt it.

Will the Monsters Inc thing be better? Maybe, probably, who knows.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

As I recall from reading Jim Hill, the ride the way it turned out, and the ride the way it was intended were quite different. The major and sad event of Princess Diana's Limo accident and death severely altered the original intent of the ride- being chased by paparazzi through Hollywood. I remember when I rode it the first time, I could only think... Why? Why would they have something like this, when WDI can do so much more. Then, the article helped make a little more sense out of it. Not sorry to see it go, and have great expectations for Monsters Inc.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneysMagic
    As I recall from reading Jim Hill, the ride the way it turned out, and the ride the way it was intended were quite different. The major and sad event of Princess Diana's Limo accident and death severely altered the original intent of the ride- being chased by paparazzi through Hollywood. I remember when I rode it the first time, I could only think... Why? Why would they have something like this, when WDI can do so much more. Then, the article helped make a little more sense out of it. Not sorry to see it go, and have great expectations for Monsters Inc.
    Princess Diana's accident was in 1996. Are you telling me they were planning Superstar Limo before 1996?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed it, it was a fun ride!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Iron-Clad Allie

Superstar Limo was a monterous horror.
    Monsters, Inc. will be a super star-studded attraction.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneysMagic
    This account is correct. The ride would have been faster, zanier and far more interactive had it not been for the Diana-paparazzi incident. Disney over-reacted and ruined the ride. Monsters, Inc. will likely be better than even the originally intended version of Superstar Limo - even if it had been installed.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Princess Diana's accident was in 1996. Are you telling me they were planning Superstar Limo before 1996?
    Well, in that time frame....

Here's the original article.... from Jim Hill's site.
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...cle.php?ID=389

and here is the link to a four part original article done earlier by Jim Hill over on LaughingPlace...
    http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115310.asp

It really is quite interesting what they intended...enjoy!
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast